ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss faked at least four injuries

Bluegrass79

Senior
Mar 4, 2008
What is this crap where teams are acting like they're hurt so they can stop the clock?
I mean I rewatch The Ole Miss game and I seen at least four times where I believe they faked the injury and one time where it was absolutely 100%.
Every time one of their guys got hurt he'd lay there for a few minutes, the trainers would come out there, and then he would get up and walk without any injury visible. These guys were coming back in the game afterwards.
Lane kiffin is a cheating little bitch and I guarantee you that's him doing that. Kiffin literally using fake injuries to stop momentum in the game or get his team time to rest.
💯

Ole Miss won't win anything significant with that mentality. Makes you appreciate programs like Bama a little more

The NCAA is scared of the issue: punish one kid/team with an actual injury and it gets ugly.

I like the idea others have proposed: a certain amount of time spent on the bench for any injured player. . . to both protect him and the integrity of the game.

Maybe for a quarter.

Reactions: Chuckinden
I am glad this topic has become part of the Kiffin hate bandwagon this week, even nationally thanks to the funny video with the RB. But let's not forget that Stoops has used that masterfully over the past half decade, especially against the high tempo teams like Tenn and Ole Miss. In this game we didn't need it much but we are definitely not innocent either. I even think Rybka going down in the 2nd half that one time might have been similarly strategic

Everyone fakes injuries, including UK. Ole miss one was pretty egregious though lmao.

Loved the play by play guy making fun of them and calling it out when it happened.

The NCAA is scared of the issue: punish one kid/team with an actual injury and it gets ugly.

I like the idea others have proposed: a certain amount of time spent on the bench for any injured player. . . to both protect him and the integrity of the game.

Maybe for a quarter.
I was brought up under the Jim Brown mentality, "never let your opponent see you laying on the field hurt." That said, Ole Miss opponents should do this all the time to slow down their hurry up, if it's allowed. I think UK did it once or twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT