ADVERTISEMENT

Old Chinese proverb: Where there are no consequences there can be no discipline...

Stoops has done some good things here , I do hate to see him go out on a big down swing . But it’s time for a change
I do agree, but Mitch isn’t going to make any changes. He has coaches that like him now, so he will wait until it’s too late to get a better coach. I’m going to say we are stuck with Stoops until he decides to leave or retire. Mitch is happy with 6 wins a year and a low tier bowl game.

Reactions: ganner918
Now days you gotta be softer than in the past, players can leave and go straight to another program. It has added parity, but it’s changed the way a coach can run a program. I’m not a Stoops fan (obviously) but him being gentler has helped him keep his roster without a lot of players leaving.

When we get any of our many stupid personal foul penalties, have you noticed they never take that kid out of the game even for a play or two. There has to be some kind of price to pay for that kind of action.
Stoops has never done that and I don't expect him to start now.
Bingo!!! My rule would be you do something stupid, you come out of the game. Includes unsportsmanlike, after the whistle penalties, jumping offside on 3rd and 4th downs, n illegal motion. Key and Brown are great talents but above discipline. Stoops has never corrected these problems in 12 years. Don’t expect him to do it now!

I wonder if Denzil Ware even had to sit for any plays after throwing a garbage can at UL players during one of our games?

Reactions: ganner918
I do agree, but Mitch isn’t going to make any changes. He has coaches that like him now, so he will wait until it’s too late to get a better coach. I’m going to say we are stuck with Stoops until he decides to leave or retire. Mitch is happy with 6 wins a year and a low tier bowl game.
6 wins looking less likely now…

Reactions: YardCat
Stoops was standing a few feet away from Key when he tossed the football into the helmet of the Vandy player and he didn't even react to it. Perhaps he got on key after the camera panned away, but I was shocked that he didn't explode. This is the same coach who looses his mind when it comes to the officials.

Reactions: JASUN74 and Dddjdd
Now days you gotta be softer than in the past, players can leave and go straight to another program. It has added parity, but it’s changed the way a coach can run a program. I’m not a Stoops fan (obviously) but him being gentler has helped him keep his roster without a lot of players leaving.
We've been doing the same undisciplined crap since he's been here, day one.

When this type of thing becomes a pattern it's one of two things. Either it's being coached or it's being allowed.
Nobody for one minute thinks Stoops coaches dirty play.
Does he allow these stupid personal foul penalties to go on with no consequences ? I don't see how you could argue against it.
Dane Key is a talented player but he is one of our worst offenders on this but I have never seen the coaches get on him let alone sit him down.

When we get any of our many stupid personal foul penalties, have you noticed they never take that kid out of the game even for a play or two. There has to be some kind of price to pay for that kind of action.
Stoops has never done that and I don't expect him to start now.
I guess my only question would be, do other coaches take kids out when they do the same thing? I really wouldn’t know, I mostly only follow UK football closely.

Yeah the defense act like they won the superbowl with every tackle, even when we’re down, and then get beat on the next play. I hate that as much as anything! But the offense, we have three or four guys who think they’re top five picks and make mistakes after mistakes. Every couple plays there’s someone celebrating like he won the lottery by gaining two yards. Haha. I just hate all the celebrating after every play. Act like you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing and celebrate after you win a game.

I love what Mark Stoops and the staff have done and do here, but they absolutely let this go on and on and hardly ever say anything about it, when they do it’s to the 3rd string guys. Put Brown and Key on the damn bench for a half and show them they don’t run the team. It’s not like it’s going to cost us a big season or anything. Haha. Man I was so excited about this team and just knew we were winning ten games this season. Give a coach 9 million a year and extend his contract for winning 6 games and that’s what you’re going to get I suppose. Whatever. Sorry about the rant. Just disappointed

• Love
Reactions: ManitouDan
Watch what goes on in huddles during timeouts. Other team is paying attention, half of our guys are dancing/goofing off. Interestingly, last year against Vandy, Key caught a TD and incurred an unsportsmanlike penalty for woofing at Vandy DB, cost us 15 on ensuing kickoff. But MJ and RL defended him… “aw, no big deal, he scored, let him have fun, blah blah blah” …now they’re saying it’s unacceptable. Welcome to the party boys—late as usual.

• Love
Reactions: ManitouDan
I dont think this is a UK issue, I know UGA has some celebrating going on when I dont see much reason to celebrate, you play CB and knock a pass down, that's your job. But it's going on everywhere except the military academies. For whatever reason these kids just have the need to tell everyone how good they are instead of letting their play show it

I dont think this is a UK issue, I know UGA has some celebrating going on when I dont see much reason to celebrate, you play CB and knock a pass down, that's your job. But it's going on everywhere except the military academies. For whatever reason these kids just have the need to tell everyone how good they are instead of letting their play show it
possibly fat n happy off NIL money with no motivation to succeed ? , gonna get paid anyhow I assume . It's a joke , ruining college ball.

possibly fat n happy off NIL money with no motivation to succeed ? , gonna get paid anyhow I assume . It's a joke , ruining college ball.

The college ball that i enjoyed from the recruiting till the last game of the season is gone. My opinion is we no longer have college football but minor league football. Recruiting isn't about relationships, liking a school or coach, it's who will give me the most. After they arrive, things don't go as expected they tell coach they are redshirting and transferring. Just hard to enjoy it like I did 4-5 years ago. Sorry for the rant, just disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT