ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and clear. Triple digits forecast today. We may hit 100°F. Summer not yet letting go.

All I can say is Vandy = for real. Offense and defense both reworked. Totally understand how they beat Bama. Sure disappointed our Cats lost again at home. 6 games remain on the schedule. Let's get some wins.

Grabbed BBQ yesterday from Rudy's. Got some pulled pork. Plan on making red beans and rice along with oyster stew today and tomorrow.

Wishing y'all a peaceful Sunday.

national-yorkshire-pudding-day--october-13.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

59° this morning with the high near 90° expected.

Did not watch the game last night, was invited to a cookout that started at 6pm and ended after midnight. Glad I did not see it. Football for me this year is turning out to be a bust with both the Cats and the Bengals (more cats) sucking it up. Basketball take me away! (With reservations of course new team and all.)

Have 2 co-ed softball games today at 1 and 3pm. Supposed to be against two very good teams. We shall see.

You folks enjoy your Sunday, and I hope you worker bees have tomorrow off.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning everyone

Ugghhh....back to the Cellar Dwellers for us. I turned it off after the offsides at the goal line and the bungled FG. BB season has now officially started at my house.

I would like to see some of you go over to RR and check out the UK draft. Round 1 (2 games) has started and need some "older" fans voting. I have to say the 10 participants did a good job drafting some historical players. I think I was the oldest following the actual draft.

I'm still enjoying this great weather and may get to the lake next week.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning folks.

Encouraging game last night. I’m at the point where I’m encouraged by anything that brings the Mark Stoops era one day closer to an end.

He long ago gave up any ambition to make Kentucky an elite program. His ambition now is to win one real game a year —Ole Miss this year, Louisville last year — tie that together with four OOC cupcakes and an SEC cripple and go to a meaningless bowl game. That’s the blueprint to be paid $9 million a year. I’m sick of the scam he’s perpetrating. To come off a bye week and be more better prepared than that. To commit an endless parade of stupid, drive killing penalties. Thats on the coaching staff.

Beautiful day here. I love October. Hope you all have a good day

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning everyone

Ugghhh....back to the Cellar Dwellers for us. I turned it off after the offsides at the goal line and the bungled FG. BB season has now officially started at my house.

I would like to see some of you go over to RR and check out the UK draft. Round 1 (2 games) has started and need some "older" fans voting. I have to say the 10 participants did a good job drafting some historical players. I think I was the oldest following the actual draft.

I'm still enjoying this great weather and may get to the lake next week.

I just went over and looked to see if anyone drafted Bill Spivey, but didn't find a complete draft list. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. He completely dominated HOF Clyde Lovellette in a UK/Kansas game for #1.

I just went over and looked to see if anyone drafted Bill Spivey, but didn't find a complete draft list. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. He completely dominated HOF Clyde Lovellette in a UK/Kansas game for #1.

No, he and Ralph Beard did not get drafted. They were about the only huge stars that didn't make it. Too early, point shaving scandal ????? L0ook for a post with draft Round 11 Complete in the title for the entire 10 team draft.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

59° this morning with a high around 80° expected. Yesterday was in the low 90's when I came back from playing softball and found the house hot and stuffy.

Air conditioner went belly up (not repairable) so, going to have to pony up some cash to get a new one. The old one was manufactured in 1999 and installed in this house in 2003 which means it is from the old system and requires a whole new system including maybe ducts. Wife wanted a new floor and new furniture for the living room, and we were going to do that this month but, have to get the air fixed first. The house is my area when it comes to bills. Just bought a new dryer last month.

Wife also wants a new car since our daughter is learning how to drive and will be taking her 2017 Rogue when she starts working. I told her I would give her $10,000.00 towards the new car and the rest is on her

Having oral surgery tomorrow (another implant) as well so, more money to pony up. Going to be an expensive next couple of months.

Anybody want to contribute to a gofundme page? :p ;) Just kidding. I'm good.

Enjoy your holiday folks and God Bless the D-League.

Good morning folks.

First a word of thanks for both Christopher Columbus and "Indigenous Peoples Day."

Because while I am working, enough people took off for whatever they are calling today -- Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples Day -- that the Monday meeting I was dreading when I woke up today was canceled. Now, THAT'S a holiday.

My favorite Columbus story: He ended up buried in two places. He was originally buried in Santo Domingo in the DR, but then the king ordered his remains shipped back to Spain and he was buried in Seville. Except the people in the DR claim his brother knew he wanted to be buried there and so shipped back false remains, and he's really still there.

I visited his massive tomb in the DR in 1994. (see below, that's me in dark shirt.) Then we drove all the way from Santo Domingo to Port Au Prince, Haiti because the airport was closed. That belongs in the Road Trip Hall of Fame.

I hope it is a good day for all you folks.

Good morning everyone.

Wife is on a girls trip so I'm a bachelor for a few days. I'll enjoy cooking the things my wife either doesn't like or can't eat due to her allergies. I'll gain weight by Thursday.

Sorry bernie...I saw where Spivey did indeed get drafted in the RR draft. It already looks like those drafting older players are not making it to the 2nd round.

@MdWIldcat55 Even though I'm not in the pic I for one appreciate you squatting down on a lower step. Noted.

Now to get stuff done.

Hello all,

My Darling and I slept in, then hit the road. Just back from some food shopping.

Know about "dem" bills. My bank account has dwindled a lot lately due to...things.

Looking at getting items in better shape... We shall see... Have an enjoyable rest of your day(s)...

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

First a word of thanks for both Christopher Columbus and "Indigenous Peoples Day."

Because while I am working, enough people took off for whatever they are calling today -- Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples Day -- that the Monday meeting I was dreading when I woke up today was canceled. Now, THAT'S a holiday.

My favorite Columbus story: He ended up buried in two places. He was originally buried in Santo Domingo in the DR, but then the king ordered his remains shipped back to Spain and he was buried in Seville. Except the people in the DR claim his brother knew he wanted to be buried there and so shipped back false remains, and he's really still there.

I visited his massive tomb in the DR in 1994. (see below, that's me in dark shirt.) Then we drove all the way from Santo Domingo to Port Au Prince, Haiti because the airport was closed. That belongs in the Road Trip Hall of Fame.

I hope it is a good day for all you folks.
They just did DNA tests on some of his descendants & confirmed he was a Sephardic Jew by ancestry. He must have gotten The Inquisition message. And also that it's him buried in Sevilla.

They just did DNA tests on some of his descendants & confirmed he was a Sephardic Jew by ancestry. He must have gotten The Inquisition message. And also that it's him buried in Sevilla.
That was the unsurprising findings by the team of Spanish researchers —that his remains are in Spain. I suspect we’ll hear from the Dominicans before too long that they have confirmed they have at least part of him. (That has long been the claim in the DR, that SOME of his remains were found after the Spanish dug him up in the 1890s to remove back to Spain after being booted out of the Caribbean following the Spanish-American War.)

It’s become such a political, cultural point of pride that i can’t see either side just walking away.

Good morning folks. Rattling along on the subway. Lots to do today and need to get in early.

Across from me sits a guy well into his 50s wearing a dress Army uniform with the rank of Command Sergeant Major —the wreathed star inside the stripes and rockers. He has an 82 Airborne combat patch on his right shoulder. I recognize campaign ribbons from Iraq and Afghanistan, and, among other stuff like a jump badge, I think the Combat Infantry Badge. The protocol on the subway is people don’t want to be approached for conversation so I’ll leave him alone. He’d probably be a good guy to have a beer with.

Talked to my son this morning. He told me Fish and Wildlife asked for volunteers to come east and help with hurricane damage and he raised his hand. He’ll find out if they need him today.

My daughter was at the Mets game in LA last night. You may recall I mentioned she and her boyfriend went to a couple playoff games in Philly. Well, they were in San Fran for a wedding Saturday and somehow the BF got tix to the game yesterday so they drove down. I’ll give the guy credit, he may not be good enough for my daughter, but he’s resourceful when it comes to following his team.

Hope you all have a good day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT