ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma & Texas to SEC?

Don’t see it happening for either school. They don’t want to give up being 2 big fish in small pond.

My guess is they are putting heat on their conf to get bigger piece of the revenue pie rather than splitting it evenly among the schools. UT and OU Drive their tv revenue. (And most other revenue streams.)

Oklahoma to the East and Texas to the West? Who knows if it were to happen...

It would be kind of awesome, but would make our ascension tougher. Count me in though if we can add either of those schools to our yearly schedule.

Reactions: Blueaz
Murders Row…. I wonder if Bama would give that the seal of approval. The West would be insane to even finish the year healthy, much less win it. Hard to get your team pumped for that many huge games.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Looking at this from a geographic standpoint, Oklahoma and Texas join in the West. Mizzou moves to the West. Alabama, Auburn, and Mississippi St. to the East. That would make life difficult for football. The SEC as a whole would be a murderers row type schedule.

Would Longhorn Network still exist? Would it compete with SECN programming?

Auburn would definitely move to the East given they are pretty much on the Georgia line already. I'd guess Alabama would be the second team. Maybe this would force the conference to move away from divisions and do pods.

Reactions: bluecoon1
My god, the SEC would be even more of a murderers row than before. Would Clemson eventually follow suit to be in with the big boys?

Would Longhorn Network still exist? Would it compete with SECN programming?

Auburn would definitely move to the East given they are pretty much on the Georgia line already. I'd guess Alabama would be the second team. Maybe this would force the conference to move away from divisions and do pods.
That was my first thought. Maybe someone has the info but it would seem the SECN would have a provision allowing their games to be shown only on the ESPN family (other than CBS).

East
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Missouri
S. Carolina
Ole Miss
Miss St
Tennessee
Florida

West
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Georgia

Screw geography and balance. I at least gave the West the Razorbacks. [laughing]

I said on the BB board that it will be nice regarding BB. FB? Well S#!T! Now don't get me wrong, it would be fun to see the Horns and Sooners playing at Jerry Claiborne Field ...but DAMN!!!

If it happens, I could see Alabama and Auburn to the East and Missouri to the West. This would balance out the divisions better, plus put all of the former Big 12 members in one division.

That's what I expect as well. But I want no part of Texas in the SEC. Not because they are good, but because they are a conference killer. Texas wants control. They wanted control of cash in the Big12 and hand it out as they saw fit. A&M, NU and Colorado left, big 12 was on berge of folding. They will want to keep the Longhorn network too most likely. OU, sure, but leave the horns out.

It’s schools wanting to run for cover for when the ncaa implodes. A super conference could have its own championship. I wouldn’t be surprised if 10 teams joined the SEC and a whole new association is made. Texas Alabama Oklahoma Florida etc cannot coexist in one conference. The ncaas time is nigh

Dude that wrote the story was on Finebaum today and talked like this is a done deal. Keep in mind this is the same reporter that broke the Texas A and M to the SEC story ten years ago. This is all about the cash and the SEC doesn’t want to be the last super conference to the party. Sankey will have all the votes he needs and probably has them locked up already.

Reactions: Stonewall12
East
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Missouri
S. Carolina
Ole Miss
Miss St
Tennessee
Florida

West
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Georgia

Screw geography and balance. I at least gave the West the Razorbacks. [laughing]
If it happens, this would likely be it.
Unless you change the two Mississipi schools for the two Alabama teams.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Texas won't drop the Longhorn Network, that is part of what kept them out of the SEC before. SEC straight up told them that they could never join without dropping it. I think most likely its what someone said above, trying to crank the pressure up on the rest of the Big 12 for more money. Texas is a cancer and it would be a huge mistake for any conference to take them in.

Honestly, if anything must happen... I prefer

West Virginia go to the ACC.

SEC pick up Texas Tech and Baylor.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. go to the PAC 12.

Iowa St and Kansas St to the Big 10

Kansas offers nothing

Leave Texas to die as an independent or join the Sun Belt

Oklahoma to the East and Texas to the West? Who knows if it were to happen...

It would be kind of awesome, but would make our ascension tougher. Count me in though if we can add either of those schools to our yearly schedule.
No...more likely auburn and Bama to the east. Auburn is east of vandy and they're both east of mizzou.

No way A&M or mizzou would approve of them joining..probably not Arkansas either. And if the two Bama schools were proposed moving to the east I can't see uk, UT, or uscjr, approving

I don't think it will happen. (For reasons I stated above.)

But ... if it does happen I think they'll do away with divisions and go to a 9 or 10 game SEC schedule on a rotation. Best two teams will play for SEC championship.

But, they've always said that adding schools was about increasing their footprint. A&M may not be the most beloved football team in their state, but they certainly expanded SEC footprint into Tx.

If we need 16 teams to position ourselves for the future I'm in favor of adding OU. Leave UT hanging in the wind. They can form a 2 team conference with ND. There will be plenty good programs wanting to be the 16th team that bring a big television market with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I’d love to see it. But my God, that would be a super conference. Oklahoma and the SEC probably make up like 90% of the college football playoff with Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State rounding it out.

Looking at this from a geographic standpoint, Oklahoma and Texas join in the West. Mizzou moves to the West. Alabama, Auburn, and Mississippi St. to the East. That would make life difficult for football. The SEC as a whole would be a murderers row type schedule.
So you're for 9 schools in East & 7 in West?

I said on the BB board that it will be nice regarding BB. FB? Well S#!T! Now don't get me wrong, it would be fun to see the Horns and Sooners playing at Jerry Claiborne Field ...but DAMN!!!
I wouldn't mind it, but only if they were playing each other.

Reactions: The-Hack
You can kiss UK’s football rise in the SEC goodbye if that happens.

With the paying of players now underway the future is undecided for us. The schools who have huge backing are going to be the ones to expand.
Bamas QB is up to a million dollars in NIL money. That's ridiculous. Anyone on UKs team near that?
Texas can compete with that and Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT