ADVERTISEMENT

Official Reid Travis knee thread

Wish they could've taken the MRI in Columbia. I'm a nervous wreck waiting to hear official word.

Official word will be “sprained knee, day to day”. That’s about all we will get and when the glirida game comes around everyone will be speculating if he’s done or not.

I honestly think he is at best the 4th most important player . Doesn't mean he isn't imporant but PJ , Herro and Hagans are all more important to our success. I trust Richards and EJ in there WITH PJ . When I don't trust them is when they are in the game together if that makes sense. So if Travis misses a few weeks I am not too concerned as it if gives Richards and EJ more room to grow and when travis comes back we will be that much stronger . Again though lets actually here something before we talk to much about this .

Im not insinuating anything, just making a comment about his importance. We have other players who can step in for Hagans or Herro and while they wouldnt be Hagans or Herro, they could fill the void and give us what we need. Im not saying it wouldnt hurt us cause obviously it would but we dont have another player like Reid. Quickley and Baker can step in for Hagans or Herro, to a lesser content, but we would still be ok, not as good but still ok. There isnt anyone who can step in and do what Reid does for this team. We dont have another big guy like him who can pound the boards and open the floor because of his body type. We would lose an extremely valuable commodity that couldn't be replace if we were to lose Reid. Outside of PJ, I dont think we lose that kind of winning makeup. Nobody to replace that vital role to a championship caliber team. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: ORCAT
This guy is a disreputable hack to watch a few seconds of video and then render a diagnosis on someone he's never met. The AMA ought to censure him -- especially when we're talking about a college kid deserving of some privacy and not a multi-million dollar professional athlete.
You're usually dead on, and you nailed this. I was texting some friends, and we all agreed: wtf kind of "diagnosis" is this? smh

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
You're usually dead on, and you nailed this. I was texting some friends, and we all agreed: wtf kind of "diagnosis" is this? smh

In defense of the Doc, he's giving his OPINION on what he saw on the video, he isn't making a specific "diagnosis". You are free to take it or disregard it.

For those of us who play fantasy football, there could be awareness of Dr. David Chao on Twitter, who diagnoses injuries by video and is rarely wrong. Not what I was hoping to read.

David J. Chao, MD

@ProFootballDoc

Appears to sprain right knee MCL. Absence measured in weeks. Can hope for SEC tourney but no guarantee. Depends on severity.

Gary Justice @gjustice21

@ProFootballDoc being a Kentucky fan, what is your thoughts on this injury? https://twitter.com/scott_charlton/status/1098066085428035591 …

8:38 AM - Feb 20, 2019
Twitter Ads info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT