ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS TAMU GAME THREAD ****

I would rather lose a game where TAMU shoots out of their minds and it’s just not our nights, rather than see our team continue to just have no answer for a press defense for 40 full ****ing minutes. Deeply concerning.

You think Auburn isn’t going to watch this ****ing tape? 40 minutes didn’t make one adjustment. Didn’t give one inkling of advice to his players how to beat this defense.
Please stop making a fool of yourself.

I know I tested positive last Thursday just now starting to get back to normal somewhat. I’m totally vaccinated too!
Yea, I mandate pretty strict precautions, social distancing, masks 100% unless eating or drinking, cleaning work stations multiple times each shift, spraying disinfectant constantly, but nothing is helping with this one. Just have to fight through till the next one.

I think we did see that the type of team TAMU is, is the type of team that might be able to get one on us. I think the trapping and hacking defense might be the blueprint on how to beat us.
Thats probably right on the road where teams can get away with it, but I don't think it would work in the tournament.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Here you go, friend. Nothing like gloating about your own team losing, while it's still the first half.

K4QCTJIXFVD5PBGW4X2ERSBTFU.jpg
Oh hey, check out my other responses in this thread. You may like those a little more.

For those who want to forget this game ever happened that isn't how you should be looking at it. We need these kind of games especially when you win them because they will happen more in the future. This was the first close game we won this year. The other 2 nail biters we didn't make the winning plays at the end. Notre Dame and LSU both could have been won but we didn't know how to win a close game. We finally won our 1st game that came down to the final minute.

Buzz Williams is one of the good guys. He’s always very complimentary of UK basketball.

He’s done a great job with this team and I hope they find a way to beat Auburn. Help us out.
Buzz is a very good coach. I wish he had stayed in the ACC.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Frankly I'm impressed.

Good teams find ways to win these type of games. These are the types of games the majority of the NCAA tournament will be like. Tyty made some big shots down the stretch.

Reactions: UKortho
For those who want to forget this game ever happened that isn't how you should be looking at it. We need these kind of games especially when you win them because they will happen more in the future. This was the first close game we won this year. The other 2 nail biters we didn't make the winning plays at the end. Notre Dame and LSU both could have been won but we didn't know how to win a close game. We finally won our 1st game that came down to the final minute.
This is the type of game they will see from teams in March. Cal was right, they have to be comfortable. Have to face teams like this to gain experience and confidence.

If I was Buzz Williams I would be pissed off at my team, not because they lost, I would want to know why they didn't play that hard every game.
Are you sure they haven’t? They were 5-0 in the SEC before tonight and had a strong record coming into the game.

Terrible 3 pt shooting and missed FTs cost A&M the game.

Please stop making a fool of yourself.
Yeah I was making a fool of myself when being disappointed in the end of the Vandy game too here, now TAKU comes out and presses our shit in, we escape by the skin of our teeth and you clueless clowns here are happy with that performance.

All I want is a chance to win it all come tournament time, team that can’t make adjustment against the zone/press we saw tonight isn’t winning anything in the tournament, be lucky to make a sweet 16 before we run into a coach that’s smart enough to have watched 5 minutes of our game film against pressure.

May end up a blessing in disguise

Can’t see him struggling again like tonight he should be even more focused in after struggling with To’s tonight

Yep I was thinking better to have these type of games now and learn from them that way should we face a team like that in the tournament, we are prepared.

4 out of our current 5 on the road. and three of them are ranked.

And we have to turn right back around and fly out Friday.

Meanwhile Auburn gets two straight at home and one of them is a damn scrimmage

Not to mention the fact that Auburn has the easier SEC schedule period compared to us.

But forget it........lets go into Auburn and get a W.

Reactions: ganner918
Yo
I don’t care if it’s a quad one win in a tough road environment, I would have rather lost than see us fail to beat a gimmick defense for 40 full minutes.

you can’t make an adjustment to beat that weak shit, what the **** are you gonna do when it’s win or go home? You can’t make adjustments and you don’t think a team is going to hit you with a look you don’t expect in the tournament?

You don’t adjust in 40 full minutes, I’m deeply concerned.

Vandy beat us 0-16 the last 6 minutes with their press, and this whole game we looked like our players had made it to being a part of the oldest Kentucky team in history without ever having seen a press before.
You would have rather lost?!?!

I like my teams to learn and grow with wins

I think we did see that the type of team TAMU is, is the type of team that might be able to get one on us. I think the trapping and hacking defense might be the blueprint on how to beat us.
Same blueprint LSU uses and used against us, yet we lost that one due to unfortunate circumstances. They Hack the shit out of whoever they're playing, and get by with it

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
It's been rough for us UK fans for a while.
Hope everything is good with you and your fam.
I wish I could say it all was
It’s been rough in a myriad of ways for various family members and so far this year sucks too
But we’re getting through…

hope you are well
I have missed this board although I see much that hasn’t changed lol

Not to mention the fact that Auburn has the easier SEC schedule period compared to us.

But forget it........lets go into Auburn and get a W.
Cal teaches his team how to pass and take open shots when a team applies pressure, we might have a chance Saturday.

Cal lets his team turn the ball over for 40 minutes against the slightest amount of pressure, Auburn is beating us 118-84.

I would rather lose a game where TAMU shoots out of their minds and it’s just not our nights, rather than see our team continue to just have no answer for a press defense for 40 full ****ing minutes. Deeply concerning.

You think Auburn isn’t going to watch this ****ing tape? 40 minutes didn’t make one adjustment. Didn’t give one inkling of advice to his players how to beat this defense.
Deeply. Concerning.
image.jpg

lmfao

I don’t care if it’s a quad one win in a tough road environment, I would have rather lost than see us fail to beat a gimmick defense for 40 full minutes.

you can’t make an adjustment to beat that weak shit, what the **** are you gonna do when it’s win or go home? You can’t make adjustments and you don’t think a team is going to hit you with a look you don’t expect in the tournament?

You don’t adjust in 40 full minutes, I’m deeply concerned.

Vandy beat us 0-16 the last 6 minutes with their press, and this whole game we looked like our players had made it to being a part of the oldest Kentucky team in history without ever having seen a press before.
Get out. Good grief. Just won a rock fight like everyone wanted and all you can do is bitch.

I don't ever want to question anyone's fanhood. But....what the hell? YOU"D RATHER WE LOST. The hell is wrong with you? That's fake ass fan talk right there.

Yo

You would have rather lost?!?!

I like my teams to learn and grow with wins
We should have learned and grew with the Vandy press, we didn’t. We didn’t learn and grow at any point in this game, they shut our offense down for 40 full minutes with the same gimmick defense, and they got easy baskets off of turnovers throughout the whole game.

This team is literally going to have to lose a game they shouldn’t before Cal addresses a blatant problem apparently.

May end up a blessing in disguise

Can’t see him struggling again like tonight he should be even more focused in after struggling with To’s tonight
You can't? In 15 games (not counting 4 minute game @LSU), he has turned it over 4 or more times on SIX occasions. So in over 1/3 of the games he's played, he has huge turnover numbers. He will most definitely struggle again down the road. Will he commit 8 turnovers again? Maybe not. But he'll definitely fail to take care of the ball here and there, and there will be times Cal has to pull him on account of it.

Are you sure they haven’t? They were 5-0 in the SEC before tonight and had a strong record coming into the game.

Terrible 3 pt shooting and missed FTs cost A&M the game.
They would be undefeated if they had of played that way every game. They are a good team but we will see when they play some more road games in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT