ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS OAKLAND RD. 1 GAME THREAD**

We got to collapse this matchup zone that always starts by attacking the belly. I’d play Reeves there and let him make the short jumper or ball fake and get to the rim or toss the lob. Below we’d wear them out. Could also start kicking out to Reed and Dilly once they adjust to collapse.

Cal tried it but with Wagner????? He isn’t even look to score.

Reactions: KYExtemper
What does any of this have to do with believing Reed’s parents are in the locker room?

I’ve said 100 times I don’t care if Cal stays or goes. I just think the constant blaming everything on him is silly. How anyone watched the first half and didn’t think Reed was a nightmare amazes me.
He looked tight as a drum. Still trying to figure out how that left handed cross court pass was a good decision.

Reactions: JFCats22
You could tell at the media day on Sunday that Calipari was going to coach this tournament scared.

He has no balls. He coached scared in 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2022, and last year.

He's coaching scared again tonight. He's lost his mojo.

Win or lose tonight, he's finished in Lexington.

You tease

Sorry, over the years, Coach Cal has made me lose the passion and enthusiasm and so on to even care to watch..but I've been keeping up with the score and I see we're down at halftime to OAKLAND. Oh boy. 😳

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t care if that kid from Oakland makes 7 more 3s the 2nd half, UK should wipe the floor with these guys. It’s the fact that Cal doesn’t run sets to get his guys open. Look at the action the Oakland coach runs to get his shooters looks.

Nobody is putting pressure on their 3pt shooter forcing him to guard. This is just typical Calipari shit of getting his ass handed to him from an Xs and Os standpoint with a FAR superior team talent wise.
Their other 2 guards shoot almost as much and almost as well.

We got to collapse this matchup zone that always starts by attacking the belly. I’d play Reeves there and let him make the short jumper or ball fake and get to the rim or toss the lob. Below we’d wear them out. Could also start kicking out to Reed and Dilly once they adjust to collapse.

Yeah, when we've passed into this zone the pass is ALWAYS there near the rim. Problem is we either can't hold onto the ball or consistently make that pass. But it's there.

Several higher seeds struggled 1st half today. Eventually pulled away to win by double digits. I say we win but obviously there are still issues

How awesome is it to see a team actually run so plays to get its best shooters open instead of floppy action that is easy to anticipate

Do you think a guy running off a screen and shooting every time he touches it immediately is easy to defend? Give the guy some credit he hasn't been shooting open looks, these are ridiculous shots, and he hit a bank shot. He's actually missed the couple of open looks he's gotten. Aside from doubling him and daring a guy open in the paint to beat you what can you do?
Oh I agree with everything you’re saying here. I think with him, it’s that phenomenon of a not-that-great player having a career performance against Kentucky.

Here’s how it plays out if we lose today or Saturday….Cronin takes the UL job and Cal takes a second look at UCLA and bolts for the left coast.

Come on fate, make it happen!

Don’t think he has been this disengaged all year. You didn’t even know he was on the floor except for the air mail pass at the end.
He most certainly has been this disengaged before. This isn't anything new for Reed. What was new is that he started looking for his shots the last few games of the season.

That was dumb. In no way should we ever run a play for DJ. Especially a 3

Reactions: ala_kat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT