ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS OAKLAND RD. 1 GAME THREAD**

We lost our advantage within the first 6 minutes of the game by rolling out a starting 5 with only one real scorer. Edwards reverted back to form by missing easy layups. We allowed Oakland to miss shot after shot without paying price for it. Tre hasn't done anything in weeks and yet CCC thought it was a good idea to start him tonight.

I don’t care if that kid from Oakland makes 7 more 3s the 2nd half, UK should wipe the floor with these guys. It’s the fact that Cal doesn’t run sets to get his guys open. Look at the action the Oakland coach runs to get his shooters looks.

Nobody is putting pressure on their 3pt shooter forcing him to guard. This is just typical Calipari shit of getting his ass handed to him from an Xs and Os standpoint with a FAR superior team talent wise.

I asked Microsoft Copilot...

If a basketball player is hitting 3 pointers at will (7 for 13), what strategy should the opposing team employ?

To counter a basketball player who is successfully hitting 3-pointers, the opposing team could consider the following strategies:

Switch to a 2-3 Zone Defense: This can help disrupt the shooter’s rhythm and force them to take more contested shots1.
Employ the On-Off Technique: Within the zone defense, the bottom defender gets ON the shooter to heavily contest the shot, then bumps OFF once the initial shot is stopped, allowing the top defender to recover and defend1.
Extend the Defense: Use a one-two-two extended zone with taller players in high positions to defend against the 3-point shot, ensuring all shots are contested with both hands up2.
No-Help Defense: Assign the best defensive player to the 3-point shooter and do not provide help, making it difficult for the shooter to find open looks3.
These strategies can help reduce the effectiveness of a player who is proficient from beyond the arc. It’s important to adapt the defense to the flow of the game and the specific strengths of the offensive player.

I guess Cal really doesn't watch tape. We're getting torched by a JAG.
Pisses me off so much that Cal doesn’t prepare for the other team.

100% of the other teams prepare for their opponents.

That plus the dumb lineups gets you down at half to a 14 seed, who let’s be clear, are not very good.

If Cal rolls out the same starting lineup for the 2nd half it should be the final nail in his UK coffin.

Wagner, Edwards and Ugo team up for a goose egg...

nK7Hdvu.gif
Thought this was a live stream of Cal's butthole.

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP and CROCAT
I hate to say it, but shades of St. Peter’s at this point. We don’t deserve to win playing like this and we might not if we don’t wake up in the second half.
Of course, it is shades of St. Peter. We allowed one player to beat us then and we are doing the same thing tonight.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal was talking before the game about his NBA players making over 4 billion in pro contracts. When is someone going to ask him why our record in the NCAA tournament is so bad lately with all that talent and him being a hall of fame coach. Something doesn’t add up, maybe his coaching is overrated, looks that way to a lot of people.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Look, we all know you love/worship Cal. Why can’t the man have 75% of the game plan Oakland’s coach had to neutralize Reed/Rob and torch our D? You can keep blaming the players but it‘s the head coach who is responsible for getting them ready.
What does any of this have to do with believing Reed’s parents are in the locker room?

I’ve said 100 times I don’t care if Cal stays or goes. I just think the constant blaming everything on him is silly. How anyone watched the first half and didn’t think Reed was a nightmare amazes me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT