ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic - Congrats UK Volleyball

tenor.gif

Way to go, girls! Congratulations!

Anyone that has not been following/watching the volleyball team should make it a point to watch them as they go through the upcoming tournament. What a great team Coach Skinner and staff has assembled. Freshman setter, Madison Lilley, is incredible at running the offense. They're fast and athletic, and tons of heart and hustle.

Conference awards...

Player of the Year: Rhamat Alhassan, Florida
Libero of the Year: Ashley Dusek, Kentucky
Freshman of the Year: Madison Lilley, Kentucky
Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Macy Reece, Auburn
Co-Coaches of the Year: Mary Wise, Florida and Craig Skinner, Kentucky

All-SEC Team
Pilar Victoria, Arkansas
Jesse Earl, Auburn
Alexa Filley, Auburn
Rhamat Alhassan, Florida
Shainah Joseph, Florida
Caroline Knop, Florida
Rachael Kramer, Florida
Carli Snyder, Florida
T'ara Ceasar, Georgia
Kaz Brown, Kentucky
Ashley Dusek, Kentucky
Leah Edmond, Kentucky
Emily Franklin, Kentucky
Madison Lilley, Kentucky

Taylor Bannister, LSU
Kira Larson, Missouri
Alyssa Munlyn, Missouri
Mikayla Shields, South Carolina

All-Freshman Team
T'ara Ceasar, Georgia
Madison Lilley, Kentucky
Avery Skinner, Kentucky

Taylor Bannister, LSU
Kayla Caffey, Missouri
Leketor Member-Meneh, Missouri
Mikayla Robinson, South Carolina

I've had season tickets for UK volleyball for several years now and this year seems like the best UK team I've ever seen in that time. They are deserving of all the honors listed above. For any of you that have doubts about that sport I challenge you to go to a game or two and see if you don't get caught up in the excitement that this teams displays every game. They are really fun to watch.

Attended my 2nd match in Athen last night. Took Georgia down in dominating fashion.

Got to meet Mitch and Coach Skinner right after the win and family got to meet a few of the girls after the match.
Great night for all #BBN fans last night in Athens.

Good luck in the NCAAs this year!

And of course they were screwed by the selection committee: #1 in RPI, ranked 5 or 6 in the polls, and we get a 4 seed? WTF?

Their next big step is top actually play to at least their seeding this year in the NCAA tourney. Typically sadly they haven't - but this year seems different. Best of luck to them. Stay aggressive and bring it.

Can’t believe that Nebraska was a five seed....they haven’t lost a set in the tournament yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT