ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame to the SEC..... What?

Kentucky has better bowl wins since the 2018-19 season than Notre Dame does in the past 30 years. Let’s see you dispute that. Go ahead and list any Bowl wins after the 93-94 season equal to Kentucky’s bowl wins since 2019.
Notre Dame 28 Texas A&M 3 1993 Cotton Bowl
Notre Dame 24 Texas A&M 21 1994 Cotton Bowl
You do the math. Keep trying.

Hahahaha.

A. You can’t read. My post clearly says AFTER the 1994 season and you cite games from Jan. 93 and Jan. 94.

B. You cite games from 30 seasons ago as Notre Dame’s last significant achievements. Are you really so dense that you don’t understand you are proving the point of every Kentucky fan on this thread? NO SIGNIFICANT BOWL WIN SINCE THE FIRST DAY OF 1994. Kentucky’s two Citrus Bowl and Gator Bowl titles since 2019 are a better set of wins than ND has since Kurt Cobain was alive and OJ Simpson was still getting acting jobs.

You root for the Indiana of college football —a has-been program that has achieved nothing in 30 years. You think you are relevant but nobody else does. That makes the whole fan base delusional.
You can't have it both ways. You can't say the past 30 years and then exclude 93 and 94. That doesn't make sense. And then you get to count your Gator bowl win as somehow being better than ND's Gator bowl and Citrus Bowl wins. Make it make sense.
And you care enough about ND to keep going back and forward with me, because like most people you hate Notre Dame for no apparent reason.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the past 30 years and then exclude 93 and 94. That doesn't make sense. And then you get to count your Gator bowl win as somehow being better than ND's Gator bowl and Citrus Bowl wins. Make it make sense.
And you care enough about ND to keep going back and forward with me, because like most people you hate Notre Dame for no apparent reason.
I will say something positive about ND, they are decent in basketball—it at least 8th in all time wins. You guys had Kelly Tripuka.

Reactions: nptb
How does an independ have an OOC schedule? All of this is useless because ND isn't joining the SEC anyway. If they did join a conference it would be the B10.

Reactions: nptb
How does an independ have an OOC schedule? All of this is useless because ND isn't joining the SEC anyway. If they did join a conference it would be the B10.
I get what you're saying, but they play many of the same teams every year:

5/6 ACC teams
Stanford
USC
Navy

I would consider anyone outside of that grouping to be their "OOC" schedule. This year, those teams are:

Tennessee State
Ohio State
Central Michigan

Notre Dame's biggest advantage is that they don't play in a conference championship game where teams get knocked out of playoff contention every year.

Notre Dame beat them worse and didn't even pass for 100 yards. Notre Dame also beat the team that beat Tennessee like they stole something. Kentucky lost to Iowa last year.
Kentucky's starting QB did not play he sat out for the NFL Draft and so UK had to start a freshman QB. Also UK plays similar cupcakes in the regualar season as ND, but the difference is UK's Conference games (as well as any SEC conference teams conference schedule) is much harder than ND "non-cupcake games". Do you understand now? Probably not.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Not a ND fan by any means but when your playing UGA or BAMA or BOTH naturally your sos is going to high. I mean, that's almost a guaranteed loss home or road. Everybody else in the SEC can be beat. UK should go 10-2 or at least 9-3.

I wouldn't want to be ND. There strength is their weakness. Being media darlings with deep college football history everybody wants to beat them. They can't sneak up on anybody and every opponent will make them a bowl game atmosphere. They literly can't take a week off.

Reactions: entropy13

5/6 ACC teams
Stanford
USC
Navy

I would consider anyone outside of that grouping to be their "OOC" schedule. This year, those teams are:

Tennessee State
Ohio State
Central Michigan

Notre Dame's biggest advantage is that they don't play in a conference championship game where teams get knocked out of playoff contention every year.
The one year ND was in the ACC they won it. They did lose in the conference championship game but they did enough to earn their playoff spot. Tennessee St is the first 1AA team that ND has played ever.
Another thing is ND plays coast to coast and has more air mile than anyone. They travel like an NFL team. That has an effect on you.

Kentucky's Citrus Bowl victory over #12 Penn State is better than any bowl victory Notre Dame has had in the last twenty years.
Only a Kentucky football fan would believe that a bowl win over a 4 loss squad held that much weight. Especially in a year when ND was in the playoffs.

5/6 ACC teams
Stanford
USC
Navy

Tennessee State
Ohio State
Central Michigan

But we've already seen where losing in the conference ship or not even playing in the conference ship has gotten other teams into the playoff.

Only a Kentucky football fan would believe that a bowl win over a 4 loss squad held that much weight. Especially in a year when ND was in the playoffs.

Predictably, you fail to mention one of those 4 losses was to Kentucky in the actual bowl game and 2 of the 3 regular season losses were to top-5 teams. ND got demolished by Clemson 30-3 in yet another blowout loss.

Only a Notre Dame fan would refuse to acknowledge that they constantly back into bowl/playoff games where they don't belong - hence their putrid losing record and long history of being demolished in bowl games by against legitimate top-10 teams.

Also, Hilarious to see a ND fan in here peacocking about a 30-3 loss to Clemson.

you lose to navy every other year, stfu & go away
There are many arguments you can make against ND football, and there are many arguments you can make in support of it.

Yours, unfortunately, is not an example of the former but rather a shining monument to knee-jerk hatred. ND is 79-13-1 all time against Navy and is on a 5-0 winning streak. If anyone should STFU and go away from this thread, it's probably you.

Last edited:
Predictably, you fail to mention one of those 4 losses was to Kentucky in the actual bowl game and 2 of the 3 regular season losses were to top-5 teams. ND got demolished by Clemson 30-3 in yet another blowout loss.

Only a Notre Dame fan would refuse to acknowledge that they constantly back into bowl/playoff games where they don't belong - hence their putrid losing record and long history of being demolished in bowl games by against legitimate top-10 teams.

Also, Hilarious to see a ND fan in here peacocking about a 30-3 loss to Clemson.
It doesn't matter when the 4th loss took place. Notre Dame did in fact get beat 30 to 3 but you fail to mention that Clemson beat Alabama 44 to 16 and had a tougher time against Notre Dame. Point is Notre Dame is a better football program than every SEC team excluding Alabama, Georgia and LSU. If they were in the SEC they would be battling for SEC with those 3.

Those other teams were unanimously better than Notre Dame.

ND doesn't belong in that conversation.
Well they obviously do if they got the same treatment. Just stop because football is a sport you don't understand.

Point is Notre Dame is a better football program than every SEC team excluding Alabama, Georgia and LSU. If they were in the SEC they would be battling for SEC with those 3.

Notre Dame would do no such thing.

In the 35 years since ND last won a title, SIX different SEC programs have won a national title, four separate SEC programs have won multiple national titles.

Thanks for the laugh.

The one year ND was in the ACC they won it. They did lose in the conference championship game but they did enough to earn their playoff spot. Tennessee St is the first 1AA team that ND has played ever.
Another thing is ND plays coast to coast and has more air mile than anyone. They travel like an NFL team. That has an effect on you.
Just looked it up. Here are the conference records of the teams you beat that year:

Duke 1-9
Florida St 3-6
Louisville 3-7
Pitt 5-5
Georgia Tech 3-6
Clemson 8-1
Boston College 5-5
North Carolina 7-3
Syracuse 1-9

You beat only two teams with conference records above .500.

Just looked it up. Here are the conference records of the teams you beat that year:

Duke 1-9
Florida St 3-6
Louisville 3-7
Pitt 5-5
Georgia Tech 3-6
Clemson 8-1
Boston College 5-5
North Carolina 7-3
Syracuse 1-9
You beat only two teams with conference records above .500.
They beat everyone on the schedule goofy. That is the year that everyone only played a conference schedule. Alabama only beat 3 that same year. They beat Kentucky by 60 to compare the diference between elite teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT