ADVERTISEMENT

Not throwing the kitchen sink at Hurley would

Mitch isn't a god. He's not making the decision on his own. Ppl with pockets aren't just throwing money in the wind.

And if MB would've listened to you last week we'd be 30 mil in the hole.
Are you sure about that? Cal seems to have been working on this Arkansas deal for a while in violation of those same contract provisions. When the smoke clears we might get some more insight into how everything developed. But the salient point is that Cal was planning his exit strategy, even dating back to the regular season if some reports are correct. He may not have been staying regardless to deal with the mess he made.

Are you sure about that? Cal seems to have been working on this Arkansas deal for a while in violation of those same contract provisions. When the smoke clears we might get some more insight into how everything developed. But the salient point is that Cal was planning his exit strategy, even dating back to the regular season if some reports are correct. He may not have been staying regardless to deal with the mess he made.
Yes Cal had been working on this for a while. And it has been mentioned that he knew he was violating the terms of his contract, but obviously didn't care, just like he didn't care about anything UK. That would explain the apathy about winning. Did he tank the tournaments knowing he was looking to leave? I wouldn't put it past him. I had asked in another thread if he didn't let Mitch know in advance, was that a contract violation. Well, I got my answer. It apparently IS a violation. The more that comes out about things, Cal becomes scummier (is that a word?) by the day. You would think other schools would see him as the trash he is and not want anything to do with him. I guess Arkansas is not that smart. Doesnot surprise me. Good riddance, Cal.

Reactions: cathouse
I have been saying that Arkansas fans better buckle up, because they are in for a ride. It just may not be the type of ride they are going to be happy about, in retrospect. Memphis and UMass fans said the same to us when we hired Cal.

Reactions: cathouse
A better fit? Nate Oats for one. UCONN was a hand in glove fit for Hurley. It was the kind of thing that was written in the stars. The same way Cal was just what we needed. The same way Pitino was. Hurley just isn't that type of guy. He's a great coach. Probably the best or second best going today depending on how you view Bill Self.

Since Oats said he’s not interested, it tells me he either wasn’t asked or the Kentucky stage is too big for him. No one turns down Kentucky versus Alabama basketball unless the stage is too big.

Just watched my first UConn game in probably a decade this weekend and got my first look at Hurley coaching.

The guy wins but he’s extremely irritating. I’d rather not win championships than suffer watching him every game.
I don't disagree with this. He is awful to watch on the sidelines. But, he is the best coach in college basketball at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT