ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina State has no chance

n0x4bIE.jpeg
I bet this poor kid got bullied into submission after this went viral.

Oh they might be the biggest Cinderella if they just win one more. Who would we put ahead of them? Butler?

I know that NC state isn't a "true" Cinderella by their makeup.. but they are an 11 seed for a reason. They were AWFUL a month ago, not even.
A team truly "built for March," unlike that other team with all those lottery picks.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
And now will come the biggest mistaken in college sports, which happens all the time.

NC State will reward him with some ridiculous 5 year contract with a big buyout, they will suck the next 2 years, and he'll get let go at that point.
They won't need to he got auto 2 year extension so they don't need to do anything this year

What an incredible run by NCST. They were 17-14 at the end of the season. They were ready to fire their coach. That is a definition of a massive turnaround. Congrats to the Pack!

Beat a 13 and a 12 and people act like Scheyer is the next coming of Coach K. A 13. a 12. and yes, beat a No.1 whose best player missed like 30 minutes of the game.

Let's see what Duke is doing in years 5-10 before we anoint Scheyer as the 2nd coming. I haven't been impressed.

Reactions: K_TIME and Lempface
This is a bigger game than we probably realize. 11 seed taking down a Duke team that the officials were trying SO SO hard to push through. On the backs of a true "big" man. Keeps Scheyer from a Final4. And id argue that Scheyers coaching is pretty suspect to allow this loss. Especially after needing JMUs best player in rd 2, to get into foul trouble, and then Houston to lose its best player the last game.

Reactions: KYExtemper
This NC State run is like when UConn had that Kemba Walker run through the Big East tournament and it bled over into the NCAAs. Of course, UConn was a #3 seed that year and NC State had to win the ACC Tournament just to get a bid.

Beat a 13 and a 12 and people act like Scheyer is the next coming of Coach K. A 13. a 12. and yes, beat a No.1 whose best player missed like 30 minutes of the game.

Let's see what Duke is doing in years 5-10 before we anoint Scheyer as the 2nd coming. I haven't been impressed.
I'm convinced he's riding coat tails of K for the recruiting. Unless they win something soon that's bound to dry up. Losing to an 11 seed twice in a few weeks isn't the look.

It's still suboptimal. That would give UConn SIX. Tied with UNC for third and surpassing Duke.

Need to pull hard for everyone BUT Uconn.

For sure. But.. this could have gone a LOT worse today, with Tenn and Duke going to Final 4s.

Well, they won....UK didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: crawfords corner
NC St coach was probably looking at getting fired without this amazing post season run.

No Kansas, UNC or Duke in the F4. Eases the pain just slightly.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT