ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

So we have a thread with "etc" in the title? Do they just dump things here now all willy-nilly?

What happene? Did Diallo take a NC correspondence course and try to go to class?

The NCAA will NEVER stand for that.

Well, that's the only reason I can see for merging the Diallo stuff with the posts regarding the greatest academic cesspool of all time.

UNC*** with 20 years of cheating could only go 8-8 against UK. How was that return on investment UNC*** cheaters? You couldn't get a winning record against us.

This is for Bobby the moron who doesn't think that college class attendance is important. In the attached link you will see that even AFAM at UNC******************* required attendance. You are sooo stupid, Bobby. AFAM class at UNC*** probably not used by the basketball and football players since you could flunk out if you have too many unexcused absences.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
I don't understand how the NCAA is combing through transcripts of Diallo's HIGH SCHOOL classes but the NCAA initially decided the UNC situation was an academic matter and not an athletic issue. Read this quote from today's espn article on Diallo being cleared to travel with KU:

Diallo has been practicing with the Jayhawks while the NCAA Eligibility Center determines his status.

The five-star prospect from Mali, a country in West Africa, attended Our Savior New American, a private high school in Centereach, New York. But the legitimacy of the school's classes has come under scrutiny by the NCAA, and Alabama and Oklahoma State have had recruits from there ruled ineligible. As of earlier this month, the NCAA was still examining transcripts and other information from Diallo.

Is the NCAA examining transcripts and questioning legitimacy of UNC athlete's classes?

This is for Bobby the moron who doesn't think that college class attendance is important. In the attached link you will see that even AFAM at UNC******************* required attendance. You are sooo stupid, Bobby. AFAM class at UNC*** probably not used by the basketball and football players since you could flunk out if you have too many unexcused absences.

Wow! "Attendance is mandatory." Bobby continues to get owned in this thread.

FSU = hard sanctions for 60 athletes, 10 sports, 3 semesters. UNC = 1,400+ athletes, 20+ sports, 23 YRS

Another from that account

That Twitter account is on a serious mission , bringing a lot of revelation to light . UNC is so dirty , we won't see a dirtier program than UNC in college again . Boosters from schools have paid players and what not but UNC the school itself is cheating in every creative way they can think up . They deserve what SMU football received .

It's a damn shame the NCAA hasn't investigated the other departments! The slideshow presented by Wainstein revealed PHIL, COMM, EXSS, NAV, ENG, et.al. yet everyone is so focused on AFAM. The NCAA would be best served to rule on this before anything else leaks. As bad as AFAM was, multiply it by 5 and see what you get. :eek:

Reactions: Smashcat
Wow, this one blew my mind!

Not because of how many, but look at all the departments.

Why bother? You know he will have some BS response… everyone does it, or just because kids don't go to class doesn't mean they shouldn't be eligible, or something.

Bumping this thread back up.

I ran across the following Twitter account which has been publishing a lot of dirt from the Wainstein data dump.

Link to BlueDevilicious Twitter

Amazing really how much crap went on at UNC. Also some pretty harsh assessments of our boy Brad Bethel.

Several days ago, I read some stuff from Bethel that was lower than I ever expected. He is on a public crusade to personally attack Willingham and Smith. I think he has truly found himself in such a difficult situation trying to defend UNC that all he can do is shoot the people who have exposed the faud.

I would not want to be Bethel when the smoke clears. He is a complete liability to UNC, IMO.

This Bobby G is just hijacking the thread making pointless circular arguments. I think this is purposeful to inundate meaningful links/posts with his tripe.

At this point the mods should ban him as he is just running propaganda and ruining the thread by filling it up with blather while transparently trying to bury the relevant posts that show clearly what UNC has been up to and continues to do and/or cover up.

Several days ago, I read some stuff from Bethel that was lower than I ever expected. He is on a public crusade to personally attack Willingham and Smith. I think he has truly found himself in such a difficult situation trying to defend UNC that all he can do is shoot the people who have exposed the faud.

I would not want to be Bethel when the smoke clears. He is a complete liability to UNC, IMO.

Yes, apparently Bethel has taken to direct personal attacks on Willingham and Smith, suggesting that they are having an affair. (and frankly whether they are having an affair or not, I wouldn't know, but that's between themselves and their spouses.)

Regardless, it doesn't obviate the issue of UNC's massive institutional fraud. On that front, Bethel's efforts in requesting public records have seemed to backfire, as the cache of documents he's requested have already shed more light on UNC's malfeasance, from their reliance on Learning Disability classification, their potential use of drugs to overmedicate their athletes, evidence that there are illegal (to the NCAA) ties between UNC athletes and Inside Carolina, to examples that the cheating extended well beyond AFAM into many other majors and went back as far as the 1970's at least, among other things. (and since UNC has effectively delayed the NOA to a future date, perhaps this additional evidence should also be included in the amended version ?)

Bethel seems to be on a crusade to make a name for himself in Chapel Hill. He's well on his way to achieving just that, but it likely won't be for what he envisioned.

Last edited:
The media so bad wants UNC to get back to their regular ways......2 articles on front page of Yahoo! boasting about the return or their recruiting and Roy claiming the cloud has been lifted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...academic-investigation-marcus-paige/75586956/

And there goes Roy complaining there were 6 investigations that took place, so he knows all that there is to know about the scandal.

Shoddy for UNC to come out and say the worst has passed.
Please tell me Roy Williams did not really say something to the effect that the cloud has been lifted?

Yes, apparently Bethel has taken to direct personal attacks on Willingham and Smith, suggesting that they are having an affair. (and frankly whether they are having an affair or not, I wouldn't know, but that's between themselves and their spouses.)

Regardless, it doesn't obviate the issue of UNC's massive institutional fraud. On that front, Bethel's efforts in requesting public records have seemed to backfire, as the cache of documents he's requested have already shed more light on UNC's malfeasance, from their reliance on Learning Disability classification, their potential use of drugs to overmedicate their athletes, evidence that there are illegal (to the NCAA) ties between UNC athletes and Inside Carolina, to examples that the cheating extended well beyond AFAM into many other majors and went back as far as the 1970's at least, among other things. (and since UNC has effectively delayed the NOA to a future date, perhaps this additional evidence should also be included in the amended version ?)

Bethel seems to be on a crusade to make a name for himself in Chapel Hill. He's well on his way to achieving just that, but it likely won't be for what he envisioned.

I saw his allegation of an affair. Something just seems off about that guy. At the very least, putting that out there is a pretty despicable thing to do, regardless of its veracity. It's simply none of our business (if it's true), not to mention that it has nothing to do with the on-going debate.

The fact that a guy would quit his job and spend every waking moment to try and save UNCheat from punishment is beyond pathetic. Maybe he's bucking for a high-ranking administration position there. He's perfect for the job.

This Bobby G is just hijacking the thread making pointless circular arguments. I think this is purposeful to inundate meaningful links/posts with his tripe.

At this point the mods should ban him as he is just running propaganda and ruining the thread by filling it up with blather while transparently trying to bury the relevant posts that show clearly what UNC has been up to and continues to do and/or cover up.

I don't know why everyone hasn't put him on ignore by now. Best decision I've made.

I don't know why everyone hasn't put him on ignore by now. Best decision I've made.

I just read some comments by Bethel or bobby, in which he says that he shouldn't have done some of his attacks on Willingham and Smith and then he proceeds to attack them again. He also defended Buck Sanders and tried to accuse Willingham of quoting him out of context.

I continue to find Bethel/Bobby as being unbelievably disgusting. Honestly, he is either a complete moron or should run for governor of Illinois.

Reactions: jarms24
Emmert has downplayed this from day 1. Stiff sanctions are not happening to UNC or anyone contributing to the NCAA or any billion dollar enterprise.

I predict the status quo remains and the association will thrive for as long as school presidents and their policies let it. Political corruption is as fully sustainable a group exercise as we have in this country or the entire world.

Looking back on the '12 investigation on the academic fraud on the football team, they essentially got a slap on the wrist. 15 scholarships over 3 years, 1 postseason ban on a 8-4 season, which is punishment only to the current staff, really doesn't mean much.
The football team has simply improved in 3 years to be considered an ACC champion contender.

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2012/03/unc-receives-one-year-bowl-ban-loses-15-scholarships

Wow, if our football team could improve losing 15 scholarships and 1 postseason ban, and then be a top conference team, then I'm buying.
Without the trasngressions of course.

As far as the add-on violations uncovered by the UNC compliance teams, since its tied to women's basketball and men's soccer, its okay to point out that as long as men's basketball gets to fulfill its season undeterred, there is no cause for alarm here:

From the TarHeelBlog, 8/14/15:

"There has been academic fraud, improper benefits, failure to monitor social media, lack of institutional control, ethical conduct violations by numerous individuals but in all that no one had yet committed a recruiting violation. So kudos, I guess, to someone for expanding UNC's NCAA violations resume."

Time to levy the punishment and as long as recruiting violations aren't uncovered, I guess Roy can continue to carry around Jordan's championship rings and bump into him in the locker room.

I am very sure that with this latest evidence out that Roy was lying, Chancellor Dolt and her minions immediately summoned Roy in to answer for his dishonesty. Afterall, UNC has a high honor code to uphold and the leaders are all beacons of integrity!

In case any one is still interested in the UNC*** scandal the twitter page referenced previously in this thread dropped this note:

Obvious that men's basketball knew every 'cough' assignment that their players were 'cough' working on.

Roy Williams admitted as much, before he completely denied knowing anything about his players' academics (all the while taking home hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses for their academic performance).

The only troubling thing is why didn't Wainstein and the media delve deeper into this clear contradiction? This scandal will only continue to grow bigger and bigger.

Sounds like Roy's claim of plausible deniability is going up in flames.

If the NCAA were to penalize Roy himself, it's beginning to look like the preponderance of evidence needed in a civil case against the NCAA is going to be fueled by the same fire. Too much of a paper trail substantiating that he had evidence of wrong doing all along.

At this point, how the NCAA can allow the corrupted mess in NC to disrupt competition among legitimate teams is a mystery. Every game NC wins dishonors the team they play, the ACC and the NCAA. NC is unworthy to compete in division 1 basketball.

Sounds like Roy's claim of plausible deniability is going up in flames.

If the NCAA were to penalize Roy himself, it's beginning to look like the preponderance of evidence needed in a civil case against the NCAA is going to be fueled by the same fire. Too much of a paper trail substantiating that he had evidence of wrong doing all along.

At this point, how the NCAA can allow the corrupted mess in NC to disrupt competition among legitimate teams is a mystery. Every game NC wins dishonors the team they play, the ACC and the NCAA. NC is unworthy to compete in division 1 basketball.
Several people have stated the same here many times, there is ample hard evidence to justify ending their season right now based on prior bad deeds. There is no chance of that happening but you are correct every game they win is an affront to every other team playing division 1 basketball.

Hell, let UL use hookers to recruit(surely they can find better ones, let Rick pick them) let UCLA find another Sam Gilbert and let UNLV find another Tark to thumb his nose at the NCAA. It doesn't matter as long as UNC is racking up wins anything a school does should be fair game.

Last edited:
Obvious that men's basketball knew every 'cough' assignment that their players were 'cough' working on.

Roy Williams admitted as much, before he completely denied knowing anything about his players' academics (all the while taking home hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses for their academic performance).

The only troubling thing is why didn't Wainstein and the media delve deeper into this clear contradiction? This scandal will only continue to grow bigger and bigger.
I wonder if he told the NCAA that he did not know about his kids academics. Pearl got nailed hard for lying as have others. Of course, this is UNC*** so this is the type of thing the NCAA would probably ignore for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT