ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

11218573_835775286529904_9055776255745838654_o.jpg

CMefnn_U8AAuZQp.jpg

BDevilU Weekly reminder for lurking Hole fans and PR trolls:
This isn't accurate cause they didn't name player xxxxx or other player xxxx. If it doesn't name players by name it didn't happen according to bobby.

If UNC men's basketball gets off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, is there anything in the NCAA bylaws that would keep schools like Memphis, Western Kentucky, Tennessee, Minnesota, UMass, Michigan, Southern Miss, etc. from suing the NCAA? All have been penalized by the NCAA for scenarios that were much less than what UNC did for over 20 years.

Does the threat of these lawsuits in any way shape or form influence the NCAA's decisions?

If UNC men's basketball gets off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, is there anything in the NCAA bylaws that would keep schools like Memphis, Western Kentucky, Tennessee, Minnesota, UMass, Michigan, Southern Miss, etc. from suing the NCAA? All have been penalized by the NCAA for scenarios that were much less than what UNC did for over 20 years.

Does the threat of these lawsuits in any way shape or form influence the NCAA's decisions?
The NCAA carefully defined them as impermissible benefits rather than academic fraud in UNC's case. Hard to say you're paying athletes with an education when they're not getting an education! Plus, impermissible benefits gives them a lot of latitude in how they want to rule. Have to assume Rashanda McCants' lawsuit prompted this.

As for the other schools suing for retroactive punishment, I would think that's very unlikely. Something about being a member institution that prevents you from suing, or at least makes it hard to present a valid case. Then again, I don't understand how all that works. I'd bet John Scott or somebody could clarify.

On a side note, I wish UNC** would try to sue. Discovery would be hella entertaining! :popcorn:

This isn't accurate cause they didn't name player xxxxx or other player xxxx. If it doesn't name players by name it didn't happen according to bobby.

Bobby/Bradley's other problem is that Crowder was VERY close to Dean's secretary and was a BIG men's bball supporter. She would call in sick if UNC lost a men's bball game. Boxill pressured faculty to change their report and take out a reference to Crowder as an athletic's supporter. This info DIRECTLY shows Bobby/Bradley's misguided efforts:

"Questions about the UNC faculty report didn’t surface until an N&O public records request turned up earlier drafts of the report that contained the concerns about the ties Deborah Crowder, a former longtime manager of the African studies department, had to athletics. The N&O first reported on the change in a story published May 18, and sought more details with another request for all correspondence associated with the faculty report, which UNC provided late last month."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article21678294.html#storylink=cpy

There are not any really good teams on paper...so yeah, UNC has just as good a shot as anyone sadly. Now UK and Duke can become really good, but with their big reliance on frosh I'm gonna hold off on that. KU, UNC, Maryland, etc, have a lot of experience back, but not super talented teams either.
Yea, that's killed both of these schools last few years

The reason UNC is trying to push this to non-revenue sports is those sports knew that the football and basketball teams had an advantage in taking these sham classes. The 'grown-ups' running the university had to include the non-revenue sports or risk this scam being brought out publically. These kids talk; they know who's getting benefits that other sports struggle to be included with.

While we wait, let's just see how many former athletes speak up against how unfair the university is being treated. We've only heard the basketball team stand behind Roy against McCants. Want to bet someone put out a 'silence' agreement on all former athletes who were in the middle of this sham of an education?

How convenient for Emmert to not get involved in all of this all of a sudden after sticking his nose out in every other major allegation? My opinion: Swofford needs to be reprimanded as well for he was in the center of all this during his tenure at UNC from 1980 to '97. He knows a lot about the sham that was built, and now had no opinion of it. A true politician who doesn't have to answer for anything.

Reactions: preacherfan
Yep, you can pretty much rule out wbb, soccer, baseball, water polo, and chess with the above statistic. Primarily for mbb and mbb benefited the most from it.

Anybody who has even slightly followed the scandal (or just uses common sense) knows that Men's Basketball is all UNC-Cheat really cares about and wants to protect.

Their disgustingly shameless and blatantly deceitful ploy to blame the bulk of the scandal on Women's BB and Olympic sports just reinforces what we already know about the depths of their depravity.

They haven't changed one bit. Most of these self-righteous slimeballs are probably praying to Jesus that their lies are successful.

We must all keep holding their reprobate asses publicly accountable to the truth. The entire Cheat athletic department, and especially Men's basketball, must be burned to the ground for even a small measure of just punishment and chance for change. This includes vacating all ill-gotten titles and games, and an extended death penalty for all sports.

Here's another shocking #

CMnV1s1U8AAwAjJ.jpg

Entertain this theory, and it's only that, a theory ...

I think Roy is going to be a sac lamb for all of this. NOA only went back to '02 to protect Dean and his '93 title, Roy gets a big contract, they're obviously going to let him cruise through the next season, and all of that because they're going to take at least 1 banner away. It's kind of a severance package, of sorts. Kind of like, we're not going to kill your reputation by hammering you mid-season, and we're giving you one more crack at a title, but we're taking '05 and you're getting a show cause when cbb dies down after the tournament. I really believe UNC** made this deal in order to protect Dean. It's becoming more and more clear the more I think about it.

Reactions: IdaCat
Interesting. That could be a last resort contingency, but if so, I doubt anyone is privy to the plan outside of the highest inner circle of the Ram's Club. They are still conducting operations, throwing academics, minorities and women, ... under the bus, in an attempt to avoid any substantial impact to MBB.

Reactions: jarms24
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/18/s...not-unionize.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

"In a unanimous decision that was a clear victory for the college sports establishment, the five-member Board declined to exert its jurisdiction in the case and preserved, for now, one of the N.C.A.A.’s core principles: that college athletes are primarily students."

Except when they go to UNC. Honestly, I don't understand how the NCAA can take this position, yet turn a blind eye to UNC's egregious transgressions.

The "homer" IS strong with this one.

I respect UK. I respect Coach Cal (not the man, the recruiter)

But you are thin inside this year.

IF Diallo clears, we gotcha this year.

Put a tall kid on Murray, Frank handles Ulis, limit Skal with any one of our bigs, and we are good to go.

It's a question of scoring duh.

KU has Frank, Selden, Graham, Greene, Svi. On the perimeter.

Ellis, Bragg, Diallo, Mickelson, Lucas and Traylor down low.

Can Skal and Murray, as freshman, out-score us? We will see.

As always, with respect.
Thin inside ? You haven't been keeping up have ya.

Reactions: brianpoe
Okay, I have a serious question. I heard today from a friend in Chapel Hill that Bethel's documentary wasn't going so well. So, with that in mind, can we help him out? What should be in the documentary that helps the image of UNC in the midst of this horrible scandal?

I have some ideas.....

1) Interview Crowder for sure. She needs to break down and cry about seeing students who simply could NOT do college level work and devising a plan to allow them to get a degree without doing any real work. (Can't mention anything about being a bball fan or being friends with Dean's secretary, etc)

2) Interview Roy. He can cry and talk about how proud he is of his kids who "did the work that was assigned to them."
He can then say, with a straight face, that he had no idea that the classes didn't meet and he was trusting UNC to educate them. (Nobody at UNC would catch the inconsistency)

3) Interview one of the academic counselors who previously refused to cooperate and have them say that they are being framed by PackPride. They can claim PackPride wrote the damning emails and put them on the UNC server.

4) Do a lengthy interview with Boxill and make her look unbelievably guilty and then pin the blame for the scandal on women's basketball.

Okay, I have a serious question. I heard today from a friend in Chapel Hill that Bethel's documentary wasn't going so well. So, with that in mind, can we help him out? What should be in the documentary that helps the image of UNC in the midst of this horrible scandal?

I have some ideas.....

1) Interview Crowder for sure. She needs to break down and cry about seeing students who simply could NOT do college level work and devising a plan to allow them to get a degree without doing any real work. (Can't mention anything about being a bball fan or being friends with Dean's secretary, etc)

2) Interview Roy. He can cry and talk about how proud he is of his kids who "did the work that was assigned to them."
He can then say, with a straight face, that he had no idea that the classes didn't meet and he was trusting UNC to educate them. (Nobody at UNC would catch the inconsistency)

3) Interview one of the academic counselors who previously refused to cooperate and have them say that they are being framed by PackPride. They can claim PackPride wrote the damning emails and put them on the UNC server.

4) Do a lengthy interview with Boxill and make her look unbelievably guilty and then pin the blame for the scandal on women's basketball.

Interview the walk ons from the 1993-2014 teams declaring how rigorous their classes were at UNC***

Have the same walk ons release their transcripts

Sock puppet of Wayne Walden admitting he used mass hypnosis techniques passed to him by Burgess McSwain to keep basketball players eligible.

I know a lot of UK and other fans are convinced that the NCAA will do nothing to UNC men's basketball.

UNC fans are confident as well.

But I just can't see how the NCAA survives if it allows such a travesty to take place.

This thread isn't about the UNC scandal. There are enough of those.

My question is, going forward, how can the NCAA enforce any kind of punishment on other schools if they do not lower the boom on UNC?

Does the NCAA love UNC so much they are willing to risk their own existence?

Reactions: RipThru
They will have to do something. They won't take down banners. They probably will reduce scholarships.

If they don't do something, they can't punish anyone else.

Reactions: Smashcat
If they don't do something, they can't punish anyone else

Agree.

Here's another shocking #

CMnV1s1U8AAwAjJ.jpg

Entertain this theory, and it's only that, a theory ...

I think Roy is going to be a sac lamb for all of this. NOA only went back to '02 to protect Dean and his '93 title, Roy gets a big contract, they're obviously going to let him cruise through the next season, and all of that because they're going to take at least 1 banner away. It's kind of a severance package, of sorts. Kind of like, we're not going to kill your reputation by hammering you mid-season, and we're giving you one more crack at a title, but we're taking '05 and you're getting a show cause when cbb dies down after the tournament. I really believe UNC** made this deal in order to protect Dean. It's becoming more and more clear the more I think about it.

This roster (littered with fake classes):
Roster[edit]
Name # Position Height Year Home Town Major[2]
Eric Montross 00 Center 7–0 Junior Indianapolis, IN Communications
Pat Sullivan 3 Forward 6–8 Junior Bogota, NJ
Larry Davis 4 Guard 6–3 Freshman Denmark, SC
Henrik Rödl 5 Forward 6–8 Senior Heusenstamm, Germany
Scott Cherry 11 Guard/Forward 6–5 Senior Ballston Spa, NY
Derrick Phelps 14 Guard 6–3 Junior Pleasantville, NY African American Studies
Donald Williams 21 Guard 6–3 Sophomore Garner, NC African American Studies
Dante Calabria 24 Guard 6–4 Freshman Beaver Falls, PA
Brian Reese 31 Forward 6–6 Junior Bronx, NY Communications
Kevin Salvadori 33 Center/Forward 7–0 Junior Pittsburgh, PA
George Lynch 34 Forward 6–8 Senior Roanoke, VA African American Studies
Travis Stephenson 35 Forward 6–7 Senior Angier, NC
Ed Geth 40 Forward 6–9 Freshman Norfolk, VA
Matt Wenstrom 50 Center 7–1 Senior Katy, TX

The only question is who 'didn't' take the bogus classes?

Okay, I have a serious question. I heard today from a friend in Chapel Hill that Bethel's documentary wasn't going so well.

Please don't let this be true. Bethel's 'masterpiece' is one of the things I've been looking forward to all summer. Almost as much as watching Pack Pride tear it apart piece by piece.

I seriously can't wait to see the fruits of all the money Tar Heel fans threw at this project. I foresee a lot of foreboding music with Bethel solemnly repeating nonsense about how it's so unfair that people keep taking pokes at UNC, when all the poor Tar Heels were doing was lying, cheating and stealing a legitimate education from their athletes for nearly two decades, all in the name of propping up a facade of righteousness that was hypocritical and a complete farce.

Please don't let this be true. Bethel's 'masterpiece' is one of the things I've been looking forward to all summer. Almost as much as watching Pack Pride tear it apart piece by piece.

I seriously can't wait to see the fruits of all the money Tar Heel fans threw at this project. I foresee a lot of foreboding music with Bethel solemnly repeating nonsense about how it's so unfair that people keep taking pokes at UNC, when all the poor Tar Heels were doing was lying, cheating and stealing a legitimate education from their athletes for nearly two decades, all in the name of propping up a facade of righteousness that was hypocritical and a complete farce.

It will be out but I don't think it will be a "masterpiece" by any stretch of the imagination. It will be more of a joke.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Speaking of pack pride does anyone know what they mean when they talk about the Krakken? I'm lost on that one.

Speaking of pack pride does anyone know what they mean when they talk about the Krakken? I'm lost on that one.

I don't know exactly what they are referring to, but my impression is that there is additional information already known which is so serious and damaging it would decimate the University of North Carolina System, which is a consortium of Universities (which includes not only UNC-Chapel Hill but N.C. State, and many other public schools across the state).

University of North Carolina System's 17 Campuses

I think the fear is that release of the Krakken will irreparably harm the schools themselves, leading to budget cuts etc. and could entangle a lot of otherwise innocent people in the fallout.

I think the hope is that just by hinting that there is enough information potentially available to bury UNC-Chapel Hill that it will force the administrators/coaches etc. to finally come clean and take their medicine, rather than continue to fight it tooth and nail and put up smokescreens as they have.

Maybe it's just a bluff. But I've learned not to underestimate Pack Pride's insiders, and the fact that there's additional damaging information associated with this scandal is a given.

FWIW, I've always assumed that ALL the information will come out one way or the other. Whether that happens in one year or twenty years I don't know, but the way UNC-Chapel Hill has reacted to date, it looks like it's going to be a very long and very drawn out process.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe this topic has went 11 pages now. I'm guessing nothing new is going on in this case. If so, no way in heck i'm reading every thread to catch up. If i had to bet, most of this topic is ticklemebobby pretending Unc is innocent and it's all just a huge misunderstanding. When the ncaa finally does the right thing and punish Unc, hopefully Bobby can come back to reality by then and accept Unc is the biggest cheats in the history of the sport.

Seeing where the twitter account @paperclassinc is shutting down after all the backlash they have received over this scandal. It's truly sad that some people have no morals trying to coverup a policy of corrupt leadership and 'Caroliaring' their way simply for competing for basketball championships.

Just wanted to point out the level of hatred that comes with being a UNC fan.

http://paperclassinc.com/a-farewell-to-twitter/

Oh, let's start a poll........which university will the NCAA hit harder? Southern Miss or UNC?

I don't want to believe that USM gets punished harder than what UNC deserves. To also say that Roy gets to keep his cush position is a hypocritical statement to make as well for the university and the NCAA. He was the head man in charge and has been part of the this since he started on Smith's bench.

Last edited:
Got something new here ........

Apparently the UNC basketball team has enrolled in full time-show classes for this semester.

Interview the walk ons from the 1993-2014 teams declaring how rigorous their classes were at UNC***

Have the same walk ons release their transcripts

Sock puppet of Wayne Walden admitting he used mass hypnosis techniques passed to him by Burgess McSwain to keep basketball players eligible.

UNC need to have a old fashion house cleaning from the top to bottom, and all games and NCS from 1993 to 2014 to disappear gone forever.

Seeing where the twitter account @paperclassinc is shutting down after all the backlash they have received over this scandal. It's truly sad that some people have no morals trying to coverup a policy of corrupt leadership and 'Caroliaring' their way simply for competing for basketball championships.

Just wanted to point out the level of hatred that comes with being a UNC fan.

http://paperclassinc.com/a-farewell-to-twitter/

An abusive smear campaign against Mary Willingham and Jay Smith's family members. The Cheat mob will do anything to shutdown sources of dissenting information. I imagine this is probably happening to everyone who reports the truth about the scandal.

An abusive smear campaign against Mary Willingham and Jay Smith's family members. The Cheat mob will do anything to shutdown sources of dissenting information. I imagine this is probably happening to everyone who reports the truth about the scandal.

What's sad is that Jay Smith offered a peace branch to Bethel to work TOGETHER for positive change. Bethel continued his smear campaign.

I don't know exactly what they are referring to, but my impression is that there is additional information already known which is so serious and damaging it would decimate the University of North Carolina System, which is a consortium of Universities (which includes not only UNC-Chapel Hill but N.C. State, and many other public schools across the state).

University of North Carolina System's 17 Campuses

I think the fear is that release of the Krakken will irreparably harm the schools themselves, leading to budget cuts etc. and could entangle a lot of otherwise innocent people in the fallout.

I think the hope is that just by hinting that there is enough information potentially available to bury UNC-Chapel Hill that it will force the administrators/coaches etc. to finally come clean and take their medicine, rather than continue to fight it tooth and nail and put up smokescreens as they have.

Maybe it's just a bluff. But I've learned not to underestimate Pack Pride's insiders, and the fact that there's additional damaging information associated with this scandal is a given.

FWIW, I've always assumed that ALL the information will come out one way or the other. Whether that happens in one year or twenty years I don't know, but the way UNC-Chapel Hill has reacted to date, it looks like it's going to be a very long and very drawn out process.
Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT