ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody cared when it was UK.....

sambowieshin

All-American
Nov 27, 2009
When profanities were being spewed...When UK fans had drinks tossed at them.....When UK fans were trampled and had injuries at IU....
But let one Dukie be touched in a court storming and ESPN is distraught.
Where is the Wat shot and popcorn boxes ESPIN???

When profanities were being spewed...When UK fans had drinks tossed at them.....When UK fans were trampled and had injuries at IU....

Good point. I’d forgotten that. We still get criticized for refusing to go play there.

Nobody cared? We quit playing them because of it. People were outraged. Cal had a press conference and raised hell about it. We have called timeouts to get our kids off of the court since then. Some of you have very short memories.

No players were injured at IU. Why were UK fans on the court to get trampled?

No players were injured at IU. Why were UK fans on the court to get trampled?
Who cares whether it was fans or players? This UK fan was in the stands.

Keep it classy IU...And people wonder why UK ended the series at the time.

IU trash.....
"You're going to get your ass kicked wearing that blue."
"F*** Kentucky!" "Kentucky f*ggots".

Nobody cared? We quit playing them because of it. People were outraged. Cal had a press conference and raised hell about it. We have called timeouts to get our kids off of the court since then. Some of you have very short memories.

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s talking nationally. Outside of Kentucky no one gave a shit. The lead story on Espn.com is currently “What college basketball should do about court stormings”

The OP’s point was nobody in the national media cared. All you did was point out the various ways UK and it’s fans cared.

The OP’s point was nobody in the national media cared. All you did was point out the various ways UK and it’s fans cared.
Nobody in the national media cared because no one got hurt. In the span of like a week Caitlyn Clark and now Filipowski have gotten hurt during court stormings. That’s why it’s getting attention now.

The persecution complex on this board always amazes me.

Nobody in the national media cared because no one got hurt. In the span of like a week Caitlyn Clark and now Filipowski have gotten hurt during court stormings. That’s why it’s getting attention now.

Multiple UK fans got hurt. Somebody just posted a link to one of their stories in this very thread. Are you saying that Clark and Filipowski are more important because they are players?

Multiple UK fans got hurt. Somebody just posted a link to one of their stories in this very thread. Are you saying that Clark and Filipowski are more important because they are players?
I would say that, yeah they are. Sorry to say. If fans get hurt by other fans in the stands it sucks and it’s not okay. But it’s probably not going to move the needle much.

But players getting hurt by fans on the court just can’t happen, because fans don’t belong on the court any more than players belong in the stands.

In the context of what is being discussed…player safety…yes, they are considered more important in the conversation nationally.

Reactions: johnc17 and STL_Cat
In the context of what is being discussed…player safety…yes, they are considered more important in the conversation nationally.
Exactly this. In this context the players are 100% more important than the fans because what we're talking about is fans being somewhere they don't belong.

I was referring to the national media....not Cal or UK.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I was referring to the national media....not Cal or UK.
It may or may not have made a difference, but I think the national narrative changes on that night if Anthony Davis gets injured by the idiot fans that don't belong on the court.

Reactions: BigBlueGoo

You would be wrong about that. No national media uproar so maybe you never saw this.....

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Rush the floor when UK loses: meh.
Rush the floor when Duke loses: "wholesale changes need made," says everybody.
It's because a player got hurt. And a lot of people have been saying court rushing needs to end for a while now, it's unfortunate it took a player finally getting hurt for people to really pay attention to it.

I have no idea what Jay Bilas has said about this incident but I can imagine what it will be. I'll give him credit he went on a pretty long rant about how court rushing needs to GO and has no place in the game a month ago. I'm sure people will be saying his take on this is only because it happened to Duke, but he's been pretty vocal about it for a while now.

That would be you. Shouldn't matter whether an innocent fan in the stands or a player is injured as people rush the floor. It's a dangerous situation for all.
I agree that court rushing is dumb and dangerous and needs to stop.

The point is this is getting more attention because an athlete got hurt by a fan on the court where they didn't belong. Fans getting hurt by court rushing just isn't going to get the same kind of attention whether you think it should or not.

Filipowski intentionally tripped a fan. There’s no evidence the kid is even injured. He did the presser after the game.

I think we can all agree players should be protected. Acting like Duke / Filipowski are victims though… lol
I wouldn't care if he hit a fan with a flying elbow when they're on the court, tbh.

TBH, I see no reason acting like a kid who isn’t even hurt was greatly wronged.
I've been screaming to end court storming because it's a disaster waiting to happen for a long time now. It's not about Filipowski and Duke for me. No one was happier to see Duke lose than I was. But this kind of thing just irritates me so badly. These idiots running on to the floor with no regard to the players has to be stopped before something way worse than this happens.

Reactions: ganner918
I've been screaming to end court storming because it's a disaster waiting to happen for a long time now. It's not about Filipowski and Duke for me. No one was happier to see Duke lose than I was. But this kind of thing just irritates me so badly. These idiots running on to the floor with no regard to the players has to be stopped before something way worse than this happens.

Yea I don’t feel it. I think Filipowski is just kind of a bitch if we are being honest.

Reactions: Wonky

Flopallowski tripped and gave an unneeded forearm and was then struck by a bolt of karma...

I agree that court rushing is dumb and dangerous and needs to stop.

The point is this is getting more attention because an athlete got hurt by a fan on the court where they didn't belong. Fans getting hurt by court rushing just isn't going to get the same kind of attention whether you think it should or not.
Yes, a star player getting hurt matters more to the national media but my point is that it shouldn't. Court stormings have long been dangerous and this is not the first time someone has been injured by one.
It's just annoying that it takes a Dukie to suddenly enrage the national media when they didn't care as long as it was a UK fan, a female basketball player or some other innocent bystander.
Now its wall to wall coverage.
Now it must end.
How many times did ESPN show IU storming the court against UK despite reports of an injury happening?
If an injured Dukie is why these stop Ok....but it's been an issue for a long time.
Nobody cared about this guy's compound fracture.....

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Yes, a star player getting hurt matters more to the national media but my point is that it shouldn't. Court stormings have long been dangerous and this is not the first time someone has been injured by one.
It's just annoying that it takes a Dukie to suddenly enrage the national media when they didn't care as long as it was a UK fan, a female basketball player or some other innocent bystander.
Now its wall to wall coverage.
Now it must end.
How many times did ESPN show IU storming the court against UK despite reports of an injury happening?
If an injured Dukie is why these stop Ok....but it's been an issue for a long time.
Nobody cared about this guy's compound fracture.....
Well I agree it shouldn't take a player getting hurt for this to get more attention, but I've known for a while that that's exactly what it was going to take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT