ADVERTISEMENT

No talk of sharpe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were talking about an average 5* player, I would never suggest such a thing, but you need to understand, Sharpe is an elite 5* player. He’s not some unskilled kid like Whitney, this kid is a lottery pick that scores higher than Anthony Davis.
I want him to play and there aren’t really any good arguments for him not to play, BUT I do think the gulf between high school bball and college ball is so great that you can never take a player’s ranking and assume how good they will be. That 2014 we had like 6 of the top 10 players and it took them 30 games to learn how to win games

Nah man, not bitching. Just laughing at what a miserable bitch you are. Doesn’t bother me at all - I like calling out little bitches like you. Don’t like it? Quit being a bitch. Pretty simple.
Yup, sit behind your laptop and stick that brown tongue out.

All you're doing it clogging up the thread by being a dipshit.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
The thread is literally called “No talk of Sharpe” and makes an argument to Calipari on why he should play Sharpe.

So, either

A) you are playing a role playing game where you express emotions for catharsis
or
B) You believe that having this conversation on Rupp Rafters applies pressure to Calipari to play Sharpe
You are an idiot! It’s that simple. Do you not realize what this is? It’s a freaking internet message board where people discuss things relevant to the topic at hand. YOU do not get to tell everyone else what to post. I’m not trying to get political but you’re an obvious lib. You turn things into something they’re not so you can get offended and pisssed off. Heres a piece of advise. There’s an ignore button. Acquaint yourself with it. Or don’t read threads that cause you to go ape shit. It’s not that difficult. Regardless, you should know your opinion means no more to me than that of my dog.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1 and bkingUK
My goodness, that is such a reach, the guy just wanted to have a conversation, then you guys jump in here and turn it into complete shit-fest.

Y'all do this in every thread, then blame it on the other side.

No, it is clearly you fvcks that start the shit. You attack the other side over their takes and destroy threads, just like you did here.
You realize the point of public forums is to facilitate conversations, which include disagreement, correct? Sounds like you’re waving a white flag.

I want him to play and there aren’t really any good arguments for him not to play, BUT I do think the gulf between high school bball and college ball is so great that you can never take a player’s ranking and assume how good they will be. That 2014 we had like 6 of the top 10 players and it took them 30 games to learn how to win games
Wait, Cal starts freshmen every year, a the sudden Sharpe is where it ends?
Tyty's first game was against duke in MSG, but SS can't play 5 minutes in Rupp against Vanderbilt?

Well, then that settles it right? I honestly don't know why he would redshirt, but if he did, the conversation is over.
Do we know if he redshirted? Cal hasn’t said a word about it.
Are you just messing with me? It's OK if you are, I'm just watching football and hanging out. If you're serious, then I don't think you understand how redshirt works. For one thing, he won't be here long enough to get a redshirt. A redshirt is something you apply for AFTER the season and not before.

He was using "redshirt" in the sense that he would be on the team but not play. He has also stated that he would play if they needed him to. He's going to play at some point, but it won't be until all involved are OK with it. Cal can't force him to play. Cal won't keep him from playing if he and Sharpe agree he's ready.

As I said, when he decided to come to UK, CJ Frederick was a proven commodity who was going to play a large part on our team. Since that changed, Sharpe's decision not to play this year may have changed as well.

You are an idiot! It’s that simple. Do you not realize what this is? It’s a freaking internet message board where people discuss things relevant to the topic at hand. YOU do not get to tell everyone else what to post. I’m not trying to get political but you’re an obvious lib. You turn things into something they’re not so you can get offended and pisssed off. Heres a piece of advise. There’s an ignore button. Acquaint yourself with it. Or don’t read threads that cause you to go ape shit. It’s not that difficult. Regardless, you should know your opinion means no more to me than that of my dog.
So now you’re claiming censorship. Lol. Always good for laughs BluBallz. Have a nice night. I’m going to watch 1000 Pound Sisters with my wife now.

• Haha
Quit being such a goddamn victim. Youre allowed to post ridiculously stupid, whiny shit, and people are allowed to call you out for it. Doesn’t mean they’re trying to get you banned or prevent you from saying it. They’re just calling you out for what you are.
You can continue to be as braindead as you so desire. I’ll challenge you just like I did the other village idiot that didn’t respond. Point out ONE example of whiny stupid shit as you labeled it. Just one. I’ll wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmedMoley
You realize the point of public forums is to facilitate conversations, which include disagreement, correct? Sounds like you’re waving a white flag.
Uh, great, but there are dudes literally entering the thread JUST to say the can't stand all this talk about Sharpe. How does that make any sense at all?

Now, if you want to play devils advocate, cool, lets talk, but to enter the thread and just bitch because people dare ask about Sharpe, is retarted.

So now you’re claiming censorship. Lol. Always good for laughs BluBallz. Have a nice night. I’m going to watch 1000 Pound Sisters with my wife now.
LOL. Why am I not surprised. Is she on the show?

Last edited:
Are you just messing with me? It's OK if you are, I'm just watching football and hanging out. If you're serious, then I don't think you understand how redshirt works. For one thing, he won't be here long enough to get a redshirt. A redshirt is something you apply for AFTER the season and not before.

He was using "redshirt" in the sense that he would be on the team but not play. He has also stated that he would play if they needed him to. He's going to play at some point, but it won't be until all involved are OK with it. Cal can't force him to play. Cal won't keep him from playing if he and Sharpe agree he's ready.

As I said, when he decided to come to UK, CJ Frederick was a proven commodity who was going to play a large part on our team. Since that changed, Sharpe's decision not to play this year may have changed as well.
No, I'm not messing with you at all.
I get how redshirts work and it makes zero sense for SS to do so, but him saying he’s redshirting, tells me he has no plans on playing this year. Well, that's fine, but just say it. Everything is such a damn secret with this staff.

Last edited:
I’m just saying, the main reason alot if ppl on here want sharpe to play is to carry the team in case we have another backcourt injury. But what if he can’t carry the team? Then whats the point of rushing him to play? That being said I want him to play too and I think the arguments against it are flimsy at best.
And just how do you know anyone thinks he can or should “carry the team”? That’s just something in your own mind.

Wait, Cal starts freshmen every year, a the sudden Sharpe is where it ends?
Tyty's first game was against duke in MSG, but SS can't play 5 minutes in Rupp against Vanderbilt?
My post that you quoted doesn’t say anything about not playing freshmen as a matter of fact I say that there aren’t really any good reasons NOT to play him or I haven’t read any on this site yet. All I was saying is we can’t assume every player with a high ranking is a game changing player

Reactions: TJWalkersBurner
I think he should play but don't expect him to. If uk doesn't win the title and he goes pro it's gonna be a whole new level of crazy on here. And it will be 100% justified.
Okay. Regardless of whether it’s even correct, how many times can this same sentiment be regurgitated? 100? 10000?

And, if your first thought after a historically impressive road win is to dust off this same shallow complaint and vomit up again, what does it say about you?

No, I'm not messing with you at all.
I get how refshirts work and it makes zero sense for SS to do so, but him saying he’s redshirting, tells me he has no plans on playing this year. Well, that's fine, but just say it. Everything is such a damn secret with this staff.
When he said he was coming here to redshirt it was November. He also left the door open to play when he said he would do whatever they wanted him to do.

None of this is a secret. Have you ever been "sure" of something, and found out you were wrong?

Things change.

Reactions: TJWalkersBurner
No point in bringing him up every week. He may or may not ever play here. You seem pretty obsessed with talking about him which seems very strange since we have multiple players playing so well including the front runner for NPOY. If this was the off season I would get wanting to talk about him and the options since there isn’t as much going on.

I think being concerned about it is legitimate. Several of us said a few years ago players will probably start opting out completely. Of course many said that’s bs you just want to rag on Calipari. That’s always the excuse to do nothing and here we are.

But I haven’t thought about him because we’re too busy winning BIG. When you win these things become an afterthought except for the precedent.

And just how do you know anyone thinks he can or should “carry the team”? That’s just something in your own mind.
The post I was originally referring to was saying we should play sharpe in case tyty gets hurt in the tourney. Tyty carries our team at times, so I naturally assumed that if u need sharpe to replace tyty then you’re saying he should be able to replace his production

When he said he was coming here to redshirt it was November. He also left the door open to play when he said he would do whatever they wanted him to do.

None of this is a secret. Have you ever been "sure" of something, and found out you were wrong?

Things change.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong. 😃

Reactions: bertfan31
Okay. Regardless of whether it’s even correct, how many times can this same sentiment be regurgitated? 100? 10000?

And, if your first thought after a historically impressive road win is to dust off this same shallow complaint and vomit up again, what does it say about you?
Again you brainless turd, no one has complained. It’s been a discussion about what people think about the situation. The only ones that have bitched are you and a couple of your girlfriends. Go back and read the entire thread because it’s obvious you haven’t or you just can’t comprehend anything.

My first thought? Have posted several times since the win yesterday. I'm not gonna be one of the ones going psycho if it happens. I'm just saying it will happen.

Win the title and or play Sharpe and it won't happen.

Again you brainless turd, no one has complained. It’s been a discussion about what people think about the situation. The only ones that have bitched are you and a couple of your girlfriends. Go back and read the entire thread because it’s obvious you haven’t or you just can’t comprehend anything.
No. He's right. This topic has been talked about over and over and over again. And now after a curbstomping of a top 5 team!? Enough is enough

Looking it over, your entire posting history on here is just nonstop complaining. I’ll try to take it easier on you from now on because it seems like there may be legitimately something wrong with your life making you genuinely miserable. I’m sorry for whatever you have going on.

For the sake of argument: let’s say there’s only been “discussion”. Why is your first thought following a historically great road win that we need to “discuss” this one pseudo-issue? Did you enjoy the win? At all? Did seeing shaedon on the bench make it less awesome? If we’re a program -not players - first fan base, then why do you care so much about which players contribute to our success that you can’t even go one day without complai- “discussing” - what players Cal HAS to play?

Reactions: bertfan31
No. He's right. This topic has been talked about over and over and over again. And now after a curbstomping of a top 5 team!? Enough is enough
After the auburn and KU games where we had double digit leads over 2 top 5 teams on the road it’s really hard to argue that we even need sharpe imo. So idk what’s up with all the hand wringing

Looking it over, your entire posting history on here is just nonstop complaining. I’ll try to take it easier on you from now on because it seems like there may be legitimately something wrong with your life making you genuinely miserable. I’m sorry for whatever you have going on.

For the sake of argument: let’s say there’s only been “discussion”. Why is your first thought following a historically great road win that we need to “discuss” this one pseudo-issue? Did you enjoy the win? At all? Did seeing shaedon on the bench make it less awesome?
You just aren’t very bright. I didn’t start the thread. I just commented and for the 100th time it was not a complaint. But I’m done with you and the others. All you want to do is bitch and moan. You’re so transparent.

Sharpe might as well be less than a walk-on, because you will see the WO’s play before you see him.
And this completely removed from reality nonsense that he’s returning next season, my offer still stands, 2/1 odds for anyone willing to go $1000. My $2K to your $1K… put up or STFU👈🏼

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
You just aren’t very bright. I didn’t start the thread. I just commented and for the 100th time it was not a complaint. But I’m done with you and the others. All you want to do is bitch and moan. You’re so transparent.

i literally just said for the sake of argument we can call it a “discussion”, not a complaint. I’m asking you what you think it says about you as a fan that you think this a topic worth “discussing” with no new insights, no new arguments, etc. less than a day after a road win we haven’t accomplished in literal decades.

i literally just said for the sake of argument we can call it a “discussion”, not a complaint. I’m asking you what you think it says about you as a fan that you think this a topic worth “discussing” with no new insights, no new arguments, etc. less than a day after a road win we haven’t accomplished in literal decades.
For somebody that doesn't want to talk about Sharpe, your worthless ass has spent a lot of time in here talking about Sharpe.

You're just a troll that is here baiting people.

Blah, blah, blah.

Well hell, as long as YOU say what should and shouldn’t be discussed. You don’t even see it, do you? LOL
There’s a difference between saying “I personally think these topics/priorities are worthwhile” and saying “I don’t even think this person should have the ability to disagree.”

• Haha
We are definitely a better team fully healthy.

But isn't everyone? lol

I mean foul trouble or injuries can basically happen and derail any college team. It is what it is.
But it shouldn't happen if you have an eligible top 5 player in the bench and refuse to even get them minutes in a blowout. Sorry.

I like discussing the fan base and where our priorities should and shouldn’t be.
No, you're trolling and I have news for you, nobody hired you to be a board monitor. You are not an authority and the more you post in here, the more you look like a total idiot by getting pissed about a topic you don't want to read about.

In case you didn't know, you can just exit the thread. This isn't hard to figure out for most, but you seem to be struggling with the concept.

Woah gotta be careful what language you toss around here man. Remember, Cals scouring these boards for basketball tips from absolute geniuses like you
He sure isn't looking for pearls of wisdom from guys who use the persona of an idiot like TJ Walker. Got anything better? Kids feeling better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT