ADVERTISEMENT

No clue if this is true

I think Cal could have a reinvention if he leaves. His time here is done, but somewhere else with lower expectations and not such a toxic relationship between him and the fanbase could be good for him. It wouldn't be nearly the same level of success, but it could be an Andy Reid to KC type of thing for him.

I think Cal could have a reinvention if he leaves. His time here is done, but somewhere else with lower expectations and not such a toxic relationship between him and the fanbase could be good for him. It wouldn't be nearly the same level of success, but it could be an Andy Reid to KC type of thing for him.
Let him go to Michigan or ucla or wherever, both sides just need a clear reset

Cal's a good coach. He's just gotten on the BBN's bad side over the past few years and it shows. I agree.

The Ladies of BBN Twitter has been pretty in-the-know this past year. Interesting to see what happens.

When Tubby left here. He continued to take steps down, and down, and down, failing at each of the smaller schools he coached until he could basically go no lower in D1. I didn't wish it on him, because he was/is a good man.

But I gotta be honest. I sort of do wish it on Cal. I'm sure a bunch of my "Benny" friends feel the same way.

Andy staples(a football insider) broke down the cal situation perfectly. Kentucky doesn’t have to pay the 33 million right now. They have to pay it out over the course of his contract which ends in 2029/2030. That’s 6 million a year Kentucky can do that and should do that
Not only that, any salary Cal gets at the new school would offset what UK owes him.

Andy staples(a football insider) broke down the cal situation perfectly. Kentucky doesn’t have to pay the 33 million right now. They have to pay it out over the course of his contract which ends in 2029/2030. That’s 6 million a year Kentucky can do that and should do that
Oh shit that’s good to know. Fire this mfer tonite.

Cal's a good coach. He's just gotten on the BBN's bad side over the past few years and it shows. I agree.

The Ladies of BBN Twitter has been pretty in-the-know this past year. Interesting to see what happens.
I disagree. Cal is not a good coach. Good coaches actually, you know coach. He’s stopped doing that or he actually just forgot how to coach. Either way the version we have of cal now and the version we have had for the past 5 years is not a good coach on any level. He was a marginal bench coach at best during his early tenure here, now even that version of cal is gone.

Also if he gets hired somewhere else if I understand it right, that would come off of it as well. So let's say he gets hired for 3mil, that would leave 3 mil a year for uk. Am I right?

ky could get a real good coach for what they pay Cows asst coaches no reason to have so many

If we're going big P5 brand Nike Schools who need a big name and some relevance.

Michigan, UCLA, Texas, Florida.

Very interesting and does make some sense even if this exact tweet/rumor isn't true. Those programs need some pop right now.

I fail to see how anyone could possibly think modern Cal is worth ten mil a year, or that a brand could risk being associated with him much less that he could rebuild it.

You could be living under a rock or in a 1950s bomb shelter and you would still know better than that, surely.

Survey says this came from UL fans. And God love ‘em that they can still remember to troll and even get a few bites in the depths of their own misery.

I fail to see how anyone could possibly think modern Cal is worth ten mil a year, or that a brand could risk being associated with him much less that he could rebuild it.

You could be living under a rock or in a 1950s bomb shelter and you would still know better than that, surely.

Survey says this came from UL fans. And God love ‘em that they can still remember to troll and even get a few bites in the depths of their own misery.
I mean, recruiting wise he's worth money. Problem is once he gets them he can't do a damn thing with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT