ADVERTISEMENT

No. 2 pick Sarr making Justin Edwards look good

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Washington Wizards center Alexandre Sarr, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft, went through some growing pains on Tuesday night in a Las Vegas Summer League game against the Portland Trail Blazers. Sarr didn't score in 30 minutes of action, going 0-for-15 from the field and 0-for-7 from 3-point range. ESPN Stats & Information discovered it was the most field-goal attempts without a basket in Summer League action since at least 2017. He also shot 0-for-2 at the foul line. Despite the putrid shooting display, Sarr did haul in nine rebounds while dishing out three assists and blocking three shots in Washington's 82-80 loss. In three Summer League games, Sarr has averaged 6.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 3.0 blocks. He is shooting just 19.5 percent overall and 11.8 percent from deep. The Wizards are 1-2 in Las Vegas.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/nba/article290150254.html#storylink=cpy

We had always heard it was a weak class for star power coming into college and that it was also a weak draft. The fact that the top 5 players coming out of HS that played college basketball were:

1. Isaiah Collier - 29th pick
2. Aaron Bradshaw - returning
3. Justin Edwards - undrafted
4. Cody Williams - 10th pick
5. DJ Wagner - returning

That is unprecedented. Edwards is the first top 3 HS recruit to not be drafted since recruiting rankings started. And now you have someone like Sarr struggling. Who knows what the future holds for a lot of these guys, but seems players ranked lower coming out of HS are going to have a higher impact than the top guys.

I have the #2 pick in my NBA dynasty league this year and it feels like a forgone conclusion that Sheppard will go #1. Who would you all take with that second pick? Right now Im thinking Dilly or Castle but not overly thrilled about either.

I have the #2 pick in my NBA dynasty league this year and it feels like a forgone conclusion that Sheppard will go #1. Who would you all take with that second pick? Right now Im thinking Dilly or Castle but not overly thrilled about either.
What stats are in play? Is it a points system or roto?

If you can't get Sheppard, then I don't think you could go wrong with Dillingham or Castle. I would also give some consideration to Clingan or Edey if you need those types of big man stats (blocks, rebounds, FG%).

Washington Wizards center Alexandre Sarr, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft, went through some growing pains on Tuesday night in a Las Vegas Summer League game against the Portland Trail Blazers. Sarr didn't score in 30 minutes of action, going 0-for-15 from the field and 0-for-7 from 3-point range. ESPN Stats & Information discovered it was the most field-goal attempts without a basket in Summer League action since at least 2017. He also shot 0-for-2 at the foul line. Despite the putrid shooting display, Sarr did haul in nine rebounds while dishing out three assists and blocking three shots in Washington's 82-80 loss. In three Summer League games, Sarr has averaged 6.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 3.0 blocks. He is shooting just 19.5 percent overall and 11.8 percent from deep. The Wizards are 1-2 in Las Vegas.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/nba/article290150254.html#storylink=cpy
He plays a lot like his brother I see.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Definitely Castle or Dilly. I’d honestly take Terrance Shannon over just about anyone outside them. Maybe Clingan.

Reactions: TM2013
I think every time I saw Castle play it made me think that guy was gonna be an NBA star. Not to take anything away from Dilly, but I love Castle's game. But, fantasy is a different value system than just looking good.

Reactions: TM2013
I think every time I saw Castle play it made me think that guy was gonna be an NBA star. Not to take anything away from Dilly, but I love Castle's game. But, fantasy is a different value system than just looking good.

I would probably lean Dilly for dynasty. Although, I'd need to look at each's team surrounding them (Dilly does have more talent that will command touches, but at the same time, the T-Wolves are going to compete and he will get lots of looks, even on the 2nd unit).

My problem with Castle from a fantasy perspective.. he can't shoot well, and that was on a pro-style offense that was made for open looks and movement. That doesn't bode well for year 1 of his fantasy career. BUT, being a dynasty player.. maybe you take him and ride it out, in hopes he fixes his shooting and turns into a true top3 player in the draft (or maybe TOP player in the draft).

Does the OP actually ever post their own thoughts around these constant links he/she posts? I swear they are trying to win a contest or set a record for most links posted on this board.

My thought is if you're just going to post links and stories, you should have to give your own opinions on them which highlight why you posted them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT