ADVERTISEMENT

NIT?

BigBlueTom1

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2004
Will we accept, or decline an NIT invitation next year if we even get one? Because we damn sure won't make the NCAA tournament with the no good counterfeit conman coming back! Better go a head and prepare yourselves now!!

Just call vegas and place your bet. I'm sure they will take it. You probably would have made the same bet before the 21 season too lol!!
Let's put it this way, if I'd made the bet EVERY YEAR CALIPARI HAS BEEN COACH I'd be a hell of a lot better off than you betting against it. But feel free to take any part of that bet. I'm good for it, and I'll be around.

How about this if you are a bit strapped for cash: If Kentucky does not make the tournament I'll never post on this board again, though I've been here under one name or another since 1997.

If Kentucky does make the tournament, you go away forever.

Let's put it this way, if I'd made the bet EVERY YEAR CALIPARI HAS BEEN COACH I'd be a hell of a lot better off than you betting against it. But feel free to take any part of that bet. I'm good for it, and I'll be around.

How about this if you are a bit strapped for cash: If Kentucky does not make the tournament I'll never post on this board again, though I've been here under one name or another since 1997.

Kentucky making the tournament isn't the standard. Well, since the contract it is.

Don't tell me, tell the OP. He's the one starting threads about "accepting an NIT bid" when he knows that's just nonsense. All I did was call him on it.
You may have posted about it, but that's not where your true thoughts about UK lie.

Nothing to do w the point as I think we will make the tournament and likely be anywhere from a 2-6 seed.

But as for your betting statement you’d probably had made more money better the NIT. Odd for us to make the tournament every year would be something like -8000 to-15000 since we are typically top 15. Off to miss would be ballpark +3000 to+10000.

We’ve missed twice. Let’s say it was only +1000 and -1000 and you bet $100 every year. You’ve been right 13 times so you made $130 -$200 for you wrong years…you’re -70 bucks. Taking the NIT was right twice paying $2000 - $1300 for wrong years…you made $700. …………..that gap gets a lot larger with realistic numbers like -5000 or more and +3000 or larger.

If we miss the NCAA next year, no way we play in the NIT. If we were to miss I'd want us to play because why not add more wins and put up a banner (because don't we have NIT banners in Rupp?). Our roster turnover makes it useless for us, though, and since Rupp would be used for the Boys Sweet 16, we'd definitely have to play our first game on the road UNLESS Memorial was finished and we could play there like we did vs. UNLV in 2009.

I hated that we missed the NCAA under Billy but I sort of enjoyed our NIT run that year. Beat UNLV in Memorial and then went to Creighton and beat them at their place. Unfortunately, we couldn't beat Notre Dame on the road and got eliminated.

Don't tell me, tell the OP. He's the one starting threads about "accepting an NIT bid" when he knows that's just nonsense. All I did was call him on it.
I mean cal has missed the tournament twice in 15 years so let’s not act like it is out of the question. Can name all the excuses you want (Noel injured, covid, etc) but we missed it twice. One player injury should be enough to overcome to at least make it and covid was dealt with by all. We turned it around when needed too this year but at one point we were heading dangerously close to bubble talk with how the season was progressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT