ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Thanks for the link Smash. This recruitment is a mess imo.

“When asked if Wagner will begin visiting schools after Peach Jam — which runs through the 24th — he replied, “Maybe.” I then asked which schools Wagner would like to see and he responded, “I’m not sure yet.”

Apparently he has no idea what’s going on in his own recruitment. I think he’s a talented kid but question how special he is with his combination of size, athleticism, and shooting. I’d love to get him and stick it to UL but admittedly I think Jackson eventually reclasses. If you gave me the option, I’d rather have Dilly at the 1, Jackson at 2, Edwards at 3. Than Dilly and Wagner splitting the 1/2 like Rob and Holloway do for CP3.
Those are the answers you give when you don’t want to be doing an interview.

We are getting them all, another Super Class for Cal and UK. Sonny and Cher said it best:

gotta beat that competition

I know we had mostly a DJ discussion last night but lost in the mix is Aaron Bradshaw. 5 pts 3 rebs in 22 minutes is disappointing from a 7 footer . And he didn’t exactly protect the paint . I guess it didn’t help that he had some foul trouble though .

I know we had mostly a DJ discussion last night but lost in the mix is Aaron Bradshaw. 5 pts 3 rebs in 22 minutes is disappointing from a 7 footer . And he didn’t exactly protect the paint . I guess it didn’t help that he had some foul trouble though .
It's so hard to judge big guys because these games are so guard heavy, he should still dominate on D though.

Skilled for class and being young for age people want to project what will happen. I'm just telling you what I've seen watching his last 14 games. He can make it change. Nobody puts a cap on how many shots a guy can get up in the gym. There's also a lot of talk that based on the last 2 weeks his ranking is going to drop out of Top 5. Fair? I think so but if you are going to get a waiver to not have to be at Team USA Trials, you better be head and shoulders above peers. That's not the case. He's a tough, competitive guy who plays his butt off. But if you are talking of clear #1 player in country.. this isn't it. At least not how he's played.
Appreciate the info. Maybe his name and bloodline had folks a little overeager as well.

I think would be fine in college but the next level is a whole different animal.

Just told a friend on this site last night that Bradshaw's played like **** since he was "Advised" to delay his decision. He was having a strong EYBL and Camp season and then someone meddled with him and he absolutely was non existent defensively and disappeared on the court too much. Good call Shaudy

Appreciate the info. Maybe his name and bloodline had folks a little overeager as well.

I think would be fine in college but the next level is a whole different animal.
He's going to draw a lot of fouls in CBB due to officials falling for the slight bump of any guard. But the good thing about needing to improve a jumpshot, it's not hard, just a lot of reps and willing to work which I think he is but he's been all over the world (literally) the past 3 weeks, however it's not like he was lighting it up from 3 prior to that either. More of a scorer than shooter right now.

Just told a friend on this site last night that Bradshaw's played like **** since he was "Advised" to delay his decision. He was having a strong EYBL and Camp season and then someone meddled with him and he absolutely was non existent defensively and disappeared on the court too much. Good call Shaudy
And he's pushing his decision "Way back"

Yup you’re right . All Kentucky bias aside it would be a very bad decision if he chooses to go to the G-League if they offer him . I feel like if you’re not a for sure top 5 pick then going to the gleague won’t help your draft status

Yup you’re right . All Kentucky bias aside it would be a very bad decision if he chooses to go to the G-League if they offer him . I feel like if you’re not a for sure top 5 pick then going to the gleague won’t help your draft status
Even if it's not G-League. Your value is best when you are comfortable. The outside influences and people getting in those around Bradshaw's ear is what can cause problems. Whatever it was that had him wanting to make a decision and do things as he wanted was delayed and he's not been better for it.

Something happened, maybe Kingsley is more of a priority right now and he wanted to wait and see what happens.
He was aware of Kingsley's situation and fine with it. Someone got to those around him and have meddled and now they have a guy playing like ass and not happy. He was also supposed to do 2 other things and that has been delayed for selfish purposes of those around him, not in favor of him doing what he would like to do.

I was cringing reading a player's interview this past week (may have even been Bradshaw) and mentioning the G League and brought up Isaiah Todd as if that was some great story. Todd is about another year away from either making it or being out of basketball because he's not mature enough away from being a talented athlete to handle playing Overseas. So this is it--better work out for him or he'll be in early 20's and hoping the G-League can pay his rent for next 10 yrs (here's a hint they will drop him like a bad habit).

The nightmare stories I hear from former player's relative who works with retired NBA guys is sickening, but his biggest concern is the stupidity of the G-League luring HS kids. Says when it doesn't work....what then? At least most college programs will help the athlete get his degree if Pro route flops or even if they want to come back, but once you commit to being an adult, you get treated as such and the lack of awareness of being an independent contractor and making adult decisions and understanding bills/taxes is overwhelming for the 7-9 figure guys, imagine it for the 6 figure HS kids who think they will make it and are immature.

He was aware of Kingsley's situation and fine with it. Someone got to those around him and have meddled and now they have a guy playing like ass and not happy. He was also supposed to do 2 other things and that has been delayed for selfish purposes of those around him, not in favor of him doing what he would like to do.
Sad what some of these so-called mentors do to these kids. Certainly can see it's affected him and his play.

Can't tell you how much your info is appreciated my man. Glad you ae on this board and willing to give out info that you feel allowed to share.

Sad what some of these so-called mentors do to these kids. Certainly can see it's affected him and his play.

Can't tell you how much your info is appreciated my man. Glad you ae on this board and willing to give out info that you feel allowed to share.
It's NOT his family either--but these people have gotten in head of a few family members who aren't against anything Aaron wants to do but the way the in between people are talking of "just to make sure" is such BS. Bradshaw knew/knows what HE wants to do, the hold is up is some are concerned about not profiting from him as long as possible. It's why recruiting is a dramatic industry.

It's NOT his family either--but these people have gotten in head of a few family members who aren't against anything Aaron wants to do but the way the in between people are talking of "just to make sure" is such BS. Bradshaw knew/knows what HE wants to do, the hold is up is some are concerned about not profiting from him as long as possible. It's why recruiting is a dramatic industry.
More so now I would say with NIL being allowed.

2 things stand out watching and perusing the box scores of games;

*3 point shooting is overall worse than abysmal--all games combined has to be less than 20% makes

*bigs are generally IGNORED on the offensive end of the floor. Games are perimeter dominated with limited or less attempt to acknowledge and/or feed the post down low.

rr

*3 point shooting is overall worse than abysmal--all games combined has to be less than 20% makes

*bigs are generally IGNORED on the offensive end of the floor. Games are perimeter dominated with limited or less attempt to acknowledge and/or feed the post down low.

rr
I'd also point out that offensive coaching is abysmal which contributes to both of these outcomes.

I'm all for "positionless" basketball. Been a proponent of it for years. However when celebrating the concept, referring to exploiting matchups. If you have a big man who is being defended by a player 8 inches shorter--post up and go through him. What's happened is coaches/players use the term positionless and have defined it as tall guys standing on outside and firing up 3's/jumpers and never exploiting a matchup advantage.

Defensively, I do like how almost every EYBL team pressures to not just turn teams over but has them getting ball barely over as the universal AAU press break is 2 guards playing catch back and forth laterally and not attacking with a pass up the court/over the top. That leads to late offense and if a team has the ball in one of the non highly regarded player's hands it leads to shot clock violations, awful shots by them or superior teammate who is trying to get a shot up out of desperation to avoid a violation.

One thing that I'd like to see CP3 specifically do less is screen/roll. I like spacing out and letting Dillingham have room (he doesn't need screen) to get in paint and he's a good finisher/decision maker so if your big like Jackson cuts off the wing or from behind him--he'll get same action he'd get with screen/roll without bringing his defender to force Dillingham to give it up FT area extended/waste time and then watch GG Jackson do his Euro/Asia Spin Travel move fadeaway to beat late clock.

rr
Nailed it, big guys basically have to create their own offense off of missed shots ect. Sucks to watch sometimes. I love a post guy that gets the ball and has opportunities for post moves.

Looking back at Wagner who lead EYBL in scoring through the first two seasons. And his 3-point shooting was excellent. I think he's just worn out. He might not be an uber athlete but he's athletic enough.

Fans on here dont be fooled by his recent play, he can flat our play with anyone. He isnt a top 5 player because he's a slouch, "weak class" or not. Would LOVE to have him next season.

He was as of the last EYBL session. Didn't really track the 15U circuit this week so he's not with them? From what I witnessed around Wagner/Mgabako/Bradshaw this week, he should've been promoted to their 17U team.
Yeah I think that was the last session he played . I even searched his name on twitter and all the tweets are from what he did the session before this .

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Cal watched Boogie Fland and Yves Missi in their win today.

Fland had 18 pts 4 rebs 1 assist on 7-13 FG, 3-7 3pt, 1-1 FT

Missi 14 pts 11 rebs 2 assists 1 block on 5-8 FG 4-6 FT

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT