ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

caleb foster has had some huge games. what is the scoop on him. sure looked good the last couple games for team thad

rr

caleb foster has had some huge games. what is the scoop on him. sure looked good the last couple games for team thad

rr
He's a Duke commitment from last year. Played with Chris Livingston at Oak Hill Academy. Been some gossip that Louisville is lurking for him and could get him to reclassify (makes sense with their lack of guards) but Duke went to watch him play again after he's shot the ball well and played better last EYBL Session and at Peach Jam.

Foster is a weird one. Has sucked at points throughout recent sessions but he has been playing like a top 10 guy during Peach jam. Kind of the opposite of what has occurred with Wagner.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
He stunk during Oak Hill season too IMO
It was funny because there was all that buzz about him reclassing around that time and then after he played terribly during his Oak Hill season, all that buzz quited down and it looks like he and his family shut the door on that. Which props to them because some camps and players will just look to reclass and jump through hoops to get to the money even it its harmful to their development.

Cody Williams and Vegas Elite smacked SFG who has had to play without Trentyn Flowers the last 2 games. Must be injured.

Williams had 23 pts, 10 rebs 3 assists and 2 blocked shots.

Shot 9-17 FG, 1-6 3pt and 4-4 FT

Bronny James had 7 pts, 9 rebs, 3 assists and 4 steals on 3-11 FG 0-5 3pt and 1-2 FT

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cody Williams and Vegas Elite smacked SFG who has had to play without Trentyn Flowers the last 2 games. Must be injured.

Bronny James had 7 pts, 9 rebs, 3 assists and 4 steals on 3-11 FG 0-5 3pt and 1-2 FT
I knew when UT offered Cody Williams recently they were worried about Justin Edwards. I like Williams too.

I knew when UT offered Cody Williams recently they were worried about Justin Edwards. I like Williams too.
Williams is very intriguing. His brother just went in 1st Rd of NBA Draft (Jalen from Santa Clara) and he's a 6'8 guy who was playing PG for that team. He'd be a nice consolation prize for whomever didn't land Justin Edwards.

Thing about Justin Edwards, with Cal intensifying his pursuit/handling this recruitment he'd make up ground as Edwards grew up a fan of Kentucky and stated repeatedly last year how much he loved the Cats and would likely commit if offered. It's been a tough battle, but this recruitment appears to be shaping up like Cason Wallace's last Summer only with a quicker decision.

Also I give an assist to Matas Buzelis for being upfront with his decision about going Pro. If he waited/held off, Kentucky would've kept recruiting him and Edwards spot of the priorities may have come into question as other schools were using that against Kentucky when they always thought highly of Edwards--Buzelis recruiting change has more on the board to do with Ron Holland with Kentucky then Edwards but it was being pushed as that was the conflicting recruit.

Just told a friend on this site last night that Bradshaw's played like **** since he was "Advised" to delay his decision. He was having a strong EYBL and Camp season and then someone meddled with him and he absolutely was non existent defensively and disappeared on the court too much. Good call Shaudy
Sounds like he should go with his gut.

It's NOT his family either--but these people have gotten in head of a few family members who aren't against anything Aaron wants to do but the way the in between people are talking of "just to make sure" is such BS. Bradshaw knew/knows what HE wants to do, the hold is up is some are concerned about not profiting from him as long as possible. It's why recruiting is a dramatic industry.
I don’t get that, like tell the others to F off. Why would you want to make anyone money that doesn’t benefit you. Manes no sense to me.

3-11 0-5 ouch

Reactions: gharding07
Great defense??
They both guarded each other which was nice to see. They both, all Peach Jam, showed the ability to beat their man off the dribble(had varying degrees of success afterwards admittedly).

Poor Justin Edwards losing a game he willed them to win in regulation. 24 and 10 on efficient shooting. He can’t wait to get to Lexington and have more help I bet.

I hope everyone tempers their expectations of DJ. Getting him is about the optics, but in terms of talent rank with UK guards, TyTy and Maxey are better players than he will be in college. That’s still a really good player but I don’t expect him to come in and be a 15-20ppg scorer. He will be a 10/4/2 type of guy with the roster we have which is still plenty good. If he ends up going to UL, we will be fine. If we are being real, Edwards, Dilly, are probably 1-2 in the class.

The game of the Tournament was Team Durant beating Team Final in OT. (Cal with Chin Coleman for entire 2nd Half/OT)

Durant has the better overall team due to Hansberry and Lamonthe but Edwards was the best player on the court and a play that should've been rewarded but wasn't due to his teammates who decided to go rogue at wrong times.

Durant was up most of the game but Team Final hit a 3 from Half Court to end 3rd Quarter which seemed harmless enough to cut a 6pt lead to 3 but plays a big factor in their favor.

In what looked like a FIBA 17U officiated game, some odd calls were consistently made (plays a huge factor on 2 plays late that decided the game) so a lot of jawing, confrontations, etc....

With his team down Edwards took over and made some great finishes and 2 clutch steals. He gets frozen out by their guards (Ahmad Nowell won't be recruited by Kentucky if this is how he plays in tough games) so he did what great players do-hit the glass. Got a big offensive reb and was fouled by perpetual gag artist Kwame Evans Jr. Strokes both to put Team Final up 1 pt with 10.1 left. In EYBL when you take timeouts (which I believe each team is awarded 1 per sec based on the stoppages) you can advance the ball. Durant had #5 and #35 killing it-so they of course design a play where KJ Evans is inbounding-gets it back and shoots a broke long range 2 which missed horribly and Nowell is fouled up 1 with 4.8. He like the majority of young players is now embracing the girls FT approach-which is one foot forward--one trailing and I've yet to see players sinking both and yet they'll continue to argue it works--I don't care how players shoot if they make them but my disgust with approach is that when it's tight/tense, you have too many opportunities to breakdown and he threw a brick up that had 0 chance to be made. He made the 2nd and Durant has 0 timeouts left---Team Final guards fail to turn the ball handler who goes Tyus Edney lenght of court and hits a spinning layup at buzzer to send game to OT.

Justin Edwards wins the tip-he's tallest Team Final player too--and he'd proceed to touch the basketball 2 more times offensively outside of his 2 steals in OT--each time resulted in a made basket for Team Final with an over the top one hand HAMMER thrown down that had coaches/fans out of their seats and going nuts to put them up 2 pts with 10 in OT left. KJ Evans was fouled and splits FT--but was rewarded by getting possession when Edwards tried to 1 hand the reb--problem was/is--Evans ran from FT line committing a violation that wasn't called (he does it all the time too) and the Fiba EYBL refs gave Durant the ball. On the inbounds play--Evans moves well too far out of a designated zone on the baseline which should've been a violation--he went from side of hoop to underneath and then back--goes uncalled--throws a shit inbounds pass toward halfcourt which both teams fight to get and his guy gets--goes to drive to basket for game deciding shot (Final still up 8.4 left) and yet everyone stops. A FOUL was called on the drive. Guard hits both--Team Final out of timeouts (somehow which is seemingly impossible in EYBL play-it can't be overstated how many TO's these teams get) goes to the selfish guards and they throw the ball to Limpy Limp #10 who was limping due to....well he was limping a lot and he fumbles pass/loses the ball and the have to foul.

I'll repeat. Justin Edwards touches in OT:

Won Jump Ball
Stole the Ball 2 times.
Got a pass in halfcourt and fed teammate for a layup
Made what should've been the game winning DUNK after he won the game on what should've been the game winning FT's in Regulation.

At no point did they attempt to give him the ball. It was a selfish enough performance, I'd drop Ahmad Nowell from a recruiting list for being selfish and also yakking up the FT late as I can't stand PG who miss FT--he was 1-4 in the game. Allowing the coast to coast layup at end of regulation after the choke job was also WTF??? But hey--why give the ball to your best player when you can lose to a team who had KJ Evans trying to choke it away. Whomever was wearing #0 was not going to come up clutch for either team.

Evans is a tease of a player. He handles well. Passes Very well. He can't shoot the ball at all and he is a choke artist in big moments. I mean if it was a CBB Game, they'd have lost the possession on a baseline out of bounds play due to him losing his mind.

Justin Edwards had 24 pts, 10 rebs, 3 or 4 steals and numerous special plays. Deserved a better team and fate tonight. Shot 8-14 FG, 1-4 3pt and 7-10 FT.

I hope everyone tempers their expectations of DJ. Getting him is about the optics, but in terms of talent rank with UK guards, TyTy and Maxey are better players than he will be in college. That’s still a really good player but I don’t expect him to come in and be a 15-20ppg scorer. He will be a 10/4/2 type of guy with the roster we have which is still plenty good. If he ends up going to UL, we will be fine. If we are being real, Edwards, Dilly, are probably 1-2 in the class.
If he goes to UofL and you get Ian Jackson, you upgrade. Seeing both play, it's about fit and style of play. Jackson can play in flow--DJ has to have the ball and be a ball dominant scorer right now. He should go to a Prep School or somewhere he has to play with better players and learn to play off the ball and hit spot up jumpers. If he's going to be a PG, he's going to be easy to defend until that jumper becomes better or he learns to finish at the rim in traffic better. Play him for mid range and his dribble moves don't get anywhere in the halfcourt.

He's going to be a very good CBB player who may not be 1 and done. His game right now doesn't translate to NBA level at all due to his lack of a jumper and run of mill athleticism. Nothing wrong with that either but UofL and UK fans who see this 1 and done monster who is head and shoulders above will be vastly disappointed.

If he's got dead legs....I get it and he was impressive early on, but this is Peach Jam (Final Four of AAU) so teams are going to play you harder and make you beat them with your weaknesses.

CP3 ran more open basketball today then they had all EYBL. Was fun to watch.

They both guarded each other which was nice to see. They both, all Peach Jam, showed the ability to beat their man off the dribble(had varying degrees of success afterwards admittedly).

Poor Justin Edwards losing a game he willed them to win in regulation. 24 and 10 on efficient shooting. He can’t wait to get to Lexington and have more help I bet.
Edwards Coach/Guards on that team should be apologizing for freezing him out of that game. He put them in position to win that thing 2x and they pissed down their leg and wouldn't get him the basketball.

Justin Edwards Dunk in a tie game in OT is the Play of the Peach Jam to this Point. Time/Score and type of dunk. Think James Young in National Championship game only Edwards was higher up and jumped from further out. I thought there was no way he would get to the rim for a layup, let alone throw that down. Just a fantastic play. Great player too.

Monday should be a day that Kentucky fans get excited about-he's special.

Justin Edwards Dunk in a tie game in OT is the Play of the Peach Jam to this Point. Time/Score and type of dunk. Think James Young in National Championship game only Edwards was higher up and jumped from further out. I thought there was no way he would get to the rim for a layup, let alone throw that down. Just a fantastic play. Great player too.

Monday should be a day that Kentucky fans get excited about-he's special.
Ralph, reading around sounds like the 3 best players in the class (if G. G. Jackson reclasses) may be Edwards, Dillingham, and Mgbako. How would you rank them if that is so?

Thanks

Ralph, reading around sounds like the 3 best players in the class (if G. G. Jackson reclasses) may be Edwards, Dillingham, and Mgbako. How would you rank them if that is so?

Thanks
I like a lot of the kids on the Adidas Circuit this year. EYBL is as down as I've seen it. The teams used to have loaded starting lineups and saw a lot of 1 man/2 man teams and too many for the $ Nike is pumping out there. Needs to be addressed this upcoming year IMO.

Xavier Booker is a dude. He wasn't in EYBL
Baye Fall has killed everyone this Spring/Summer
Ian Jackson is fantastic (know he's '24 but could be '23)
Jakobe Walter is a kid I love--going to Baylor.
Cooper kid from Trae Young team/Dink Pate's teammate is a guy I love potential of too.

That said Justin Edwards is a Top 3 player in this class-no doubt. I love Dillingham, but he's more top 5/10 debate than Top 3 right now. I'm a fan though.

Mgbako if he's hitting shots is tough--but he's got to improve that jumpshot. He shot it well at Peach Jam and he's very young too.

Ron Holland is a baby too won't turn 18 until after he completes HS this year. He's a winning player. Winning DNA. Love him. He's type who Kentucky is on hard and wants badly. Can do a lot of things without having to score but then can do that too.

Matas, Simeon Wilcher, Sean Stewart are guys I think highly of.

Isaiah Collier is a stud PG prospect. I'm higher on him then Fears Jr who is tough/good.

Big fan of Chris Johnson a combo guard from TX

Could talk a lot about several players. But Edwards is Top 3 no brainer.

Meanstreets forfeited so Tre Johnson didn't get play today.

Amier Ali of Houston Hoops had 11 pts at Half of a 20 pt lead over Albany City Rocks. (I'm "shocked" ACR are down 20 at Half seeing the Bracket they got--EYBL is a joke for that shit)

If he goes to UofL and you get Ian Jackson, you upgrade. Seeing both play, it's about fit and style of play. Jackson can play in flow--DJ has to have the ball and be a ball dominant scorer right now. He should go to a Prep School or somewhere he has to play with better players and learn to play off the ball and hit spot up jumpers. If he's going to be a PG, he's going to be easy to defend until that jumper becomes better or he learns to finish at the rim in traffic better. Play him for mid range and his dribble moves don't get anywhere in the halfcourt.

He's going to be a very good CBB player who may not be 1 and done. His game right now doesn't translate to NBA level at all due to his lack of a jumper and run of mill athleticism. Nothing wrong with that either but UofL and UK fans who see this 1 and done monster who is head and shoulders above will be vastly disappointed.

If he's got dead legs....I get it and he was impressive early on, but this is Peach Jam (Final Four of AAU) so teams are going to play you harder and make you beat them with your weaknesses.

CP3 ran more open basketball today then they had all EYBL. Was fun to watch.
100%. Tbh after watching him in FIBA (I will admit I only watched 4 or so of the games) I kinda hope this happens. I saw a guy who was really unsure on how to play on a team with other great players. He’s been the guy for Camden/Scholars but seemed to wilt when he didn’t know when his touches came. I really hope the staff continues to go after Ian reclass even if they get DJ. Tell DJ he can come off the bench or he will have to fight for a starting spot and if he walks to UL he walks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT