ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Wagner 0-6 from 3 and about to lose and think that knocks them out of Peach Jam Playoffs. As this game was for 2nd place in the Bracket and think Top 2 move on.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
The Bracket that was a joke was Team Takeover/Albany City Rocks both advancing. That's a total **** job by Nike placing them in a bracket together where they both could win. Those teams didn't do dick all EYBL (4 sessions) and they advance due to the Bracket being so bad while the better teams competed in separate brackets.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wagner 0-6 from 3 and about to lose and think that knocks them out of Peach Jam Playoffs. As this game was for 2nd place in the Bracket and think Top 2 move on.
Once on this board he was a we have to have prospect . It slowly went away from that . I still want him but if we somehow missed out it won’t feel as bad as it would have a year ago .

Im hoping he’s just worn out or something . I know you said he’s a 6’3 Harrison twin and that doesn’t excite me lol .

Once on this board he was a we have to have prospect . It slowly went away from that . I still want him but if we somehow missed out it won’t feel as bad as it would have a year ago .

Im hoping he’s just worn out or something . I know you said he’s a 6’3 Harrison twin and that doesn’t excite me lol .
Honestly a lot of it for me is not wanting Louisville to beat us out for a recruit.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

If Kenny Payne wasn't at Louisville, I think it would be really a recruitment nobody would care about nationally either. He's a 6'3 non athletic combo guard who can't shoot the ball from deep. That has to change or he's screwed.

If Kenny Payne wasn't at Louisville, I think it would be really a recruitment nobody would care about nationally either. He's a 6'3 non athletic combo guard who can't shoot the ball from deep. That has to change or he's screwed.
Yup he’s very crafty around the rim but even that can get sloppy at times due to him being undersized .

Yup he’s very crafty around the rim but even that can get sloppy at times due to him being undersized .
He gets swallowed up and if he can't get lateral to attempt a finish, it won't happen because he can't get vertical over anyone. Houston Hoops always has speed/quickness/athletes.

One thing I'll also say when you watch AAU Basketball--even if it's a high level like EYBL, the decision making from players/coaches is rancid. The fact nobodies on the team try to "take over" is sickening to watch and ends up in the teams losing or blowing leads, etc.....There's a reason certain guys are highly recruited and nobody wants your ass--know your role and stay out of the way. As Bill Walton used to say frequently "GET THE STIFFS OFF THE COURT".

NJ Scholars had cut it to 1 and 2 nobodies took the next 3 shots. Never got closer than 2 possession game.

I can already see the fan base going nuts when Wagner gets all the clock at the 2 throwing up bricks while Shep is on the bench. Prepare yourselves!

He gets swallowed up and if he can't get lateral to attempt a finish, it won't happen because he can't get vertical over anyone. Houston Hoops always has speed/quickness/athletes.

One thing I'll also say when you watch AAU Basketball--even if it's a high level like EYBL, the decision making from players/coaches is rancid. The fact nobodies on the team try to "take over" is sickening to watch and ends up in the teams losing or blowing leads, etc.....There's a reason certain guys are highly recruited and nobody wants your ass--know your role and stay out of the way. As Bill Walton used to say frequently "GET THE STIFFS OFF THE COURT".

NJ Scholars had cut it to 1 and 2 nobodies took the next 3 shots. Never got closer than 2 possession game.
Yup I agree . It’s pretty unacceptable for a team with 3 top 15 guys not to make the elite 8. Even worse they all played together last year lol

I can already see the fan base going nuts when Wagner gets all the clock at the 2 throwing up bricks while Shep is on the bench. Prepare yourselves!
Hopefully if he chooses Kentucky, they'll work on his jumpshot. LOL

I know this--if it's between DJ Wagner and Ian Jackson, I'm taking Ian Jackson 100% of the time and Louisville can celebrate their recruiting win and then take that ass beating on the court that would be coming their way. That's MY take and not a reflection of what's going on in his recruitment too. I know the program wants him badly and get why many fans do....but if I'm trying to win a championship...Ian Jackson reclassifying is the way I'm hoping this thing ends up.

Honestly I think that may be why Wagner looks bad most of the time. They look decent with him and total crap without him. I think on a structured team he will thrive. I still want him.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Honestly I think that may be why Wagner looks bad most of the time. They look decent with him and total crap without him. I think on a structured team he will thrive. I still want him.
Through the first two EYBL sessions, as a 16 year old, Wagner led all 17U players in scoring and was shooting better than 35 percent from behind the arc. I’m wondering if he’s just not mentally and physically drained.

Look forward to it.
Good thing they added games because originally they were going all Playoff Format. Someone is going to need a talking to about that Grouping with Albany City Rocks and Takeover advancing. Those two teams were so mid for 4 sessions and both advance? Gross.

All in on Team Final going back to back now with Edwards and the Scholars/CP3 game will be more exciting/interesting then their Playoffs.

How does he get ranked #1 as a recruit then?

I trust your opinion very much. Seems odd he gets ranked that high.

Reactions: gharding07
How does he get ranked #1 as a recruit then?

I trust your opinion very much. Seems odd he gets ranked that high.
Skilled for class and being young for age people want to project what will happen. I'm just telling you what I've seen watching his last 14 games. He can make it change. Nobody puts a cap on how many shots a guy can get up in the gym. There's also a lot of talk that based on the last 2 weeks his ranking is going to drop out of Top 5. Fair? I think so but if you are going to get a waiver to not have to be at Team USA Trials, you better be head and shoulders above peers. That's not the case. He's a tough, competitive guy who plays his butt off. But if you are talking of clear #1 player in country.. this isn't it. At least not how he's played.

Thanks for the link Smash. This recruitment is a mess imo.

“When asked if Wagner will begin visiting schools after Peach Jam — which runs through the 24th — he replied, “Maybe.” I then asked which schools Wagner would like to see and he responded, “I’m not sure yet.”

Apparently he has no idea what’s going on in his own recruitment. I think he’s a talented kid but question how special he is with his combination of size, athleticism, and shooting. I’d love to get him and stick it to UL but admittedly I think Jackson eventually reclasses. If you gave me the option, I’d rather have Dilly at the 1, Jackson at 2, Edwards at 3. Than Dilly and Wagner splitting the 1/2 like Rob and Holloway do for CP3.

Reactions: blue woman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT