ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
Most likely did the right thing. Having to re-recruit your entire team every year along with trying to recruit HS kids as well as 2-4 thousand portal players while having to promise them tons of $$$$$ and playing time was over the top. Everyone in every NCAA sport will have to build from scratch every year as long S this madness continues. Mark Pope needs 12 players. They all want a million minimum and playing time. I can’t imagine having to deal with this mess. It is stressful enough as a fan.

Most likely did the right thing. Having to re-recruit your entire team every year along with trying to recruit HS kids as well as 2-4 thousand portal players while having to promise them tons of $$$$$ and playing time was over the top. Everyone in every NCAA sport will have to build from scratch every year as long S this madness continues. Mark Pope needs 12 players. They all want a million minimum and playing time. I can’t imagine having to deal with this mess. It is stressful enough as a fan.
All?

He probably had 5 former head coaches around that would deal with all of that stuff. I think he probably was just getting burnt out and was ready to retire and take it easy. Probably a lot like the UK job where 10 years is about the max you should do. He was able to keep it going and be successful but at what cost?

No coincidence that he bounced the moment he lost his advantage with the ability to horde depth and with other teams no longer having to do the back door payment to recruits and could compete openly.

Reactions: TNCatfanforever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT