ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft thread

So excited listening to hacks who don't know shit or who will actually turn out to be great with commercials. Awesome.

IllI stick to live sports like the NBA game going on right now.

Draft is great
Draft is pointless. 1st rounders turn out to be shit pros. 6th rounders are hall of famers. Whoever watches this cap is admitting they have no life. It draws out for days and is something you can check the next morning. if you are entertained by this then you need to reevaluate your life.

Draft is pointless. 1st rounders turn out to be shit pros. 6th rounders are hall of famers. Whoever watches this cap is admitting they have no life. It draws out for days and is something you can check the next morning. if you are entertained by this then you need to reevaluate your life.

lol, no

Browns are complete idiots. They could've picked Barkley #1 and got Chubb #4 IMO the 2 best players in the draft. But take Baker Mayfield #1 when they've already had trouble with a guy that has "off the field issues" and he's not even the best QB prospect available. Not saying Mayfield is the next Johnny Manziel but dear Lord, they could have gotten better pieces for their team since they signed Tyrod Taylor who is actually a decent QB who had 0 weapons outside of Shady Last year. Tyrod will have Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, and Corey Coleman to throw to. I may be 100% wrong but the Browns screwed up their chance to actually be a legit contender. But I'm a Bengals fan so our front office isn't any better........

Browns are complete idiots. They could've picked Barkley #1 and got Chubb #4 IMO the 2 best players in the draft. But take Baker Mayfield #1 when they've already had trouble with a guy that has "off the field issues" and he's not even the best QB prospect available. Not saying Mayfield is the next Johnny Manziel but dear Lord, they could have gotten better pieces for their team since they signed Tyrod Taylor who is actually a decent QB who had 0 weapons outside of Shady Last year. Tyrod will have Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, and Corey Coleman to throw to. I may be 100% wrong but the Browns screwed up their chance to actually be a legit contender. But I'm a Bengals fan so our front office isn't any better........
It makes me sick knowing we should be drafting 1st in the 2nd and 3rd round and we bungled that one

Reactions: Pizza Slice
lol Browns got Tyrod Taylor last year? Then took Baker Mayfield with the first pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. Of course!

I really think their owner just gets a kick out of adding QBs to that big long list of failures since Couch. Probably has a huge banner hanging in his palatial office. Maybe a huge marble monument thing where he engraves the names of QBs he picks.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
Draft is good background TV. Listen for the little 'pick is in' sound and pay attention for the next 35 seconds, then zone out for another 8 minutes or so. Moving the first round to its own night was a good move. I also enjoy Goodell getting booed for everything he does. Adam Silver has it made compared to him.

Reactions: OldEvilleCat
As our resident AFC East Expert that no one here asked for:

Jets made the best pick they could. Darnold is the safest pick of all the QBs but probably the least upside.

Pats with good draft picks again, but still need defense.

Dolphins also with a smart, best-available pick in Minkah. Can't go wrong with a defensively player from Alabama. Not sure it was a needed position, though.

I, personally, loved the Bills draft. I think Allen's completion percentage is overblown and his "racist" tweets are a total non-factor that I would bet were purposely leaked, last-minute, to make him fall to a lower team. Bills needed a QB and they got one. And Allen has far and away the best team around him compared to the other 4 QBs. Moving up for Edmunds might be a bit of a reach, but again, another steal for where the grabbed him. Has all the tools just needs to be more aggressive.

If you believe the talent is in the 1st round, and are OK with giving up some late 2ndround picks and some 3rd, and 5th round picks.. I think the Bills won the draft so far.

I still don't know why the Browns didn't go with Barkley #1 and whoever their 3rd QB was at 4 (The Giants and the Jets would have drafted QBs). No one knows which QB of this crop will show out or bust. Cases can be made for and against all of them. Not a single one is on the Luck, Eli, Marino level..

Good night for the Titans: Rashaan Evans at #22

-Filled a need position....possibly several since Evans can play multiple positions
-Got good value since Evans was supposed to go from 15-25 on most boards
-Didn't have to give up too much in the trade....just exchanged a 4th rd pick for a 6th rd pick
-Stiffed the Steelers in the process....apparently they were trying to trade up for Evans
-Patriots made good decisions with Wynn and Michel. Both will be good Titans in about ~4 yrs.

I still don't know why the Browns didn't go with Barkley #1 and whoever their 3rd QB was at 4 (The Giants and the Jets would have drafted QBs). No one knows which QB of this crop will show out or bust. Cases can be made for and against all of them. Not a single one is on the Luck, Eli, Marino level..
I really like baker Mayfield. He is "cocky" but that guy can freaking play quarterback.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Whoever watches this cap is admitting they have no life. It draws out for days and is something you can check the next morning. if you are entertained by this then you need to reevaluate your life.
I would say the same thing about people sitting around and replying on message boards.

....I mean other than us, of course

Reactions: jameslee32
I really like baker Mayfield. He is "cocky" but that guy can freaking play quarterback.

I'm not against any single QB*, I just think the smart play was to get the generational RB and then take the 3rd QB, which may have been your 1st or 2nd option anyways.

RBs don't last anyways, get him now, on the cheap, while his body is tip-top shape. I don't trust any RB after 7 or 8 years in the league. You're on borrowed time at that point and you'd be crazy to give a big contract to these guys.

*I am against Rosen now, what a cocky smug POS. Dude has such a punch-able face.

I'm not against any single QB*, I just think the smart play was to get the generational RB and then take the 3rd QB, which may have been your 1st or 2nd option anyways.

RBs don't last anyways, get him now, on the cheap, while his body is tip-top shape. I don't trust any RB after 7 or 8 years in the league. You're on borrowed time at that point and you'd be crazy to give a big contract to these guys.

*I am against Rosen now, what a cocky smug POS. Dude has such a punch-able face.
You are arguing for selecting a QB first especially if you think he will be a franchise QB. That is a 12-15 year proposition compared to 7 years for a RB. And the Browns can pick up a very good RB tonight with Chubb and Guice still available.

IF the Browns think there was one guy ahead of all the rest, yes you take him. And maybe that's what they thought (or maybe they got spooked). But personally, It's hard to pick between the 4. All have pros and cons and I really don't think one is much better than the others.

On top of that, a team like the Giants and Bills are in a much better position to win now than the Brows and the Jets. Whoever the Browns and the Jets get are going to be in for a real uphill battle. And that's a huge factor.

Lets say Darnold is the best guy and the Browns draft him.. I'm not sure he ends up with a better or longer career than one of the other guys going to the Giants or Bills, because Cleveland is that much of a dump right now.

Barkley is supposedly a once-in-a-generation back. Having him greatly helps whatever QB is behind the Center. A huge pillar of the offense to rely on.

Lamar is pretty clearly one of the most gifted football players in college football in recent memory. But he lacks the one essential trait for being a successful quarterback in the NFL, accuracy. Ergo, despite his other worldly overall talents, I just don't think he'll make it if he insists on playing QB.

Reactions: 420grover
IF the Browns think there was one guy ahead of all the rest, yes you take him. And maybe that's what they thought (or maybe they got spooked). But personally, It's hard to pick between the 4. All have pros and cons and I really don't think one is much better than the others.

On top of that, a team like the Giants and Bills are in a much better position to win now than the Brows and the Jets. Whoever the Browns and the Jets get are going to be in for a real uphill battle. And that's a huge factor.

Lets say Darnold is the best guy and the Browns draft him.. I'm not sure he ends up with a better or longer career than one of the other guys going to the Giants or Bills, because Cleveland is that much of a dump right now.

Barkley is supposedly a once-in-a-generation back. Having him greatly helps whatever QB is behind the Center. A huge pillar of the offense to rely on.
I think Barkley is a future HOF'er but.........if he is surrounded by a pedestrian QB in his prime, which is the next 5-7 years, he will probably have great stats but end up like Barry Sanders - being an all timer on a team that made the playoffs once(I believe) with him. Same with AP recently. His teams were a threat very few times.

The Browns don’t need a RB. Carlos Hyde is a beast and they have Duke Johnson for a split back and 3rd down and long situations.

If you wanted them to take Barkley #1 then you are worse than the GM that took Mayfield #1.

That said, the day after I don’t mind Baker so much. What they were asking for to move down they couldn’t get. They sound comfortable with Garrett as the pass rusher extradonaire and really felt an improvement in the secondary would maybe buy an extra second to get to the QB.

The thing is it didn’t matter who they took #1 if it was a QB they were going to be expected to be a loser no matter what.

I think Barkley is a future HOF'er but.........if he is surrounded by a pedestrian QB in his prime, which is the next 5-7 years, he will probably have great stats but end up like Barry Sanders - being an all timer on a team that made the playoffs once(I believe) with him. Same with AP recently. His teams were a threat very few times.
So was kijanna carter till the preseason

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Hyde is in no way a "beast".. 26th in YPC. His yards were inflated. Concussions and other injuries meant only one complete season so far. Further, a 5th year running back is already looking at his peak years.

Well for one he is coming from SF and hasn’t played a game for Cleveland.

He has only played full time the last 2 years and both years he was over 900 per season and close to 10TDs on terrible teams.

YPC? That is what Duke Johnson is for. At least try to know the players on the team and the design of the offense the coach likes to form an opinion o. What they are trying to do.

I'm not going to pretend to know the Browns exact game plan, because clearly, it isn't working.

I changed my post accordingly once I caught that he wasn't on Cleveland last year.

I'm also far from the only person who thought for weeks, and many still do, that they should take Barkley #1, NOT because they are so high on him, but particularly because non of the other QBs standout, and many think it's a crap shoot. Drafting Mayfield #1 could be an absolute disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT