ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft thread

I'm not a fan of the Mayfield pick would've took Rosen or Darnold. The Ward pick was a head scratcher, probably could've traded down and still got him, should've taken Chubb. If you wanted mayfield you probably could've gone Barkley and then still got baker at 4.

Chubb yes, no question was the guy that could have been the obvious #1 or #4 pick.

Personally I liked Minkah but they wanted a DB only lockdown guy. People can question Ward, but the reports are saying he is better than Lattimore who coupled with kamara last year made New Orleans so much better they made the playoffs.

Tough to knock the picks when they tried to trade down but wanted more than Buffalo was offering at both spots.

All reports had the Jets taking Baker if he was there. So the Browns probably lose on him, but that means they are getting one of Darnold/Rosen/Allen.

I want to know why teams don't just take best available and then try and deal him. For instance, you know the Giants want Barkely first. If you're the Browns, why not either 1. swap picks or 2. grab Barkley and get something for him?

That's an extreme scenario, and VERY risky.. but this applies more so to those teams who reach for a guy several spots (sometimes many spots) spots before he should have gone: Like Ward, Vea or Davenport. If your the Browns and you want Ward, either attempt to trade down a few spots (for someone who wants Chubb) or draft Chubb and then deal him. I never get not taking best available. Teams are always bargaining.

Chubb yes, no question was the guy that could have been the obvious #1 or #4 pick.

Personally I liked Minkah but they wanted a DB only lockdown guy. People can question Ward, but the reports are saying he is better than Lattimore who coupled with kamara last year made New Orleans so much better they made the playoffs.

Tough to knock the picks when they tried to trade down but wanted more than Buffalo was offering at both spots.
As a TB fan I am very happy we traded back 5 spots for 2 2nd round picks. Let's us get a lot more talent to sure up secondary and maybe RB, mostly likely be 2 DBs and 1 OL

That same offer was offered to every team before Tampa no doubt. Tampa was the first to take so that is where the value was.

Cleveland, Denver and Indy was not willing to drop that low.

As a TB fan I am very happy we traded back 5 spots for 2 2nd round picks. Let's us get a lot more talent to sure up secondary and maybe RB, mostly likely be 2 DBs and 1 OL

I think both teams got what they wanted. TB didn't need a QB and that's really the last piece for the Bills to be legit. One of the biggest blunders last season, was benching Tyrod for Peterman when they played LAC. Bills gave that game away with 5 ints, one being a pick sizzle. Had Tyrod played that whole game, Bills probably win and they get the 5-seed instead of the 6th.

I’ve seen you say this, but the Bills final piece is not the QB. They are far from a complete team. What about them makes you think they didn’t need more in a bad way.

I’d argue Cleveland is way better off.

You'd argue that a team that went 0-16 is better off than a playoff team?

Their last piece (not that they can't improve on other areas) is absolutely the QB spot. A playoff team last year has a new QB this year in AJ McCarron? Ok, he was decent replacing Dalton, but he's still very unproven and don't think he's the answer for the future. Bills other needs are wideouts which this draft lacked at the top.

Yes I would. That 0-16 just added the QB that took Buffalo to the playoffs. That’s a huge piece, not to mention they added Hyde and Landry. Landry, Coleman and Gordon are all 3 better than anything Buffalo has at WR. They also have a lot better OL, but the defense isn’t as good as buffalo but it’s more promising with the influx of young 1st and 2nd round picks they have added.

Yes I would. That 0-16 just added the QB that took Buffalo to the playoffs. That’s a huge piece, not to mention they added Hyde and Landry. Landry, Coleman and Gordon are all 3 better than anything Buffalo has at WR. They also have a lot better OL, but the defense isn’t as good as buffalo but it’s more promising with the influx of young 1st and 2nd round picks they have added.

The bills got rid of him (even though I think he's better than he was given credit for) for a reason. He's not a leader. He doesn't command a locker room. Their run game isn't better than McCoy, atleast they haven't proven it. Oline and wide outs.. That's it.

Tyrod Taylor is no where NEAR the entire difference between 9 wins and 0 wins. I don't think you'd find a single non-browns fan who thinks they are in a better position than the Bills.

Again, they aren’t the same team now. You seem to not be able to look forward.

As is where do these teams finish next year? I’d say both are around 5-7 win teams. McCoy is almost 30 with a ton of mileage, yet you think so little of Hyde at 26?

Whatever fine you are right, I don’t care enough to really go at it over these two perenial losers.

The Titans though have crushed drafts since I’ve decided to really follow and root for them after years of Lions support.

These two LBs we got were exactly what we were missing last year. Our DL is solid, and with malcolm butler our secondary is extremely potent.

If Mariota can prove durable then we have a great shot to make a leap this year.

I could see McCoy slowing down very soon and it wouldn't shock me to see Clevelands running backs do better.. But.. We don't know that yet. We don't know if Hyde will be healthy for an entire season.

Just think it's crazy to say a team that won ZERO games last year is better off than a team that made the playoffs.. Regardless of how each team changed.

Do we know the real reason why Butler was benched in the SB? I like Butler, think he's a bit overrated and is riding the superbowl int.. But man the Pats could have used him last year in the SB.

Belichik never said, but he started every game until the SB and was a major contributor. Even if he is overrated he and Adoree Jackson from last years 1st round pick is pretty strong.

I think Barkley is a future HOF'er but.........if he is surrounded by a pedestrian QB in his prime, which is the next 5-7 years, he will probably have great stats but end up like Barry Sanders - being an all timer on a team that made the playoffs once(I believe) with him. Same with AP recently. His teams were a threat very few times.

Barry and the lions made the playoffs more than once.

Man Barry was so good I rooted for the Lions years after he retired and only recently finally gave up on them for a local team so I can go to a game or 2 a year.

Barry and the lions made the playoffs more than once.
You are correct. I guess the stat I heard was making it out of the first weekend once.

Point remains though, you can have an all world RB but if you don't have a very good QB to pair with him then you will not be a perennial contender.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
You are correct. I guess the stat I heard was making it out of the first weekend once.

Point remains though, you can have an all world RB but if you don't have a very good QB to pair with him then you will not be a perennial contender.

Oh absolutely agreed. Its a travesty. Barry was/ is the best RB of all time and the lions NEVER capitalized. They had Barry, Herman Moore, Johnny Morton ... and nothing.

(I’m , unfortunately, a Lions fan lol...)

Reactions: UK_Dallas
I'm not a fan of the Mayfield pick would've took Rosen or Darnold. The Ward pick was a head scratcher, probably could've traded down and still got him, should've taken Chubb. If you wanted mayfield you probably could've gone Barkley and then still got baker at 4.
The Mayfield pick is a head scratcher to me.
A 6ft, questionable attitude, former walkon, headcase....strange to make him the number one pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT