ADVERTISEMENT

New scrimmage highlights. *Video from Rupp*

Not to sound racist, but from my phone, I can't tell 11 from 77?
So your poor eyesight or an inadequate hand computer constitutes racism now?
Do you mean you can't differentiate between similar sized whiteys playin the same position. Still not racism. You have not assumed something negative about them just because they are crackers.
You might want to review the actual definition. Then give yourself a break.

So your poor eyesight or an inadequate hand computer constitutes racism now?
Do you mean you can't differentiate between similar sized whiteys playin the same position. Still not racism. You have not assumed something negative about them just because they are crackers.
You might want to review the actual definition. Then give yourself a break.
Humor, dude, humor. But I couldn't tell the difference.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Might see more passes out from the post in the blue white game than we did all last year.

Edit to add glad we got garrison for 3 seasons and Williams will be a lot fun.

Last edited:
Pretty irresponsible to report this a few weeks into practice, regarding the defense of a player
Every player has a skill set that is their best attribute. Not many excel in every facet. Blending those skill sets to compliment each other is what makes a great team.
Accept that they may be very good in some areas and adequate in others. Where they lack a teammate can pick them up

Current team won 96 to 79. Butler and Brea DNP. Robinson scored the most points, hitting a few 3's and slashing in the paint. Kerr hit several 3's. Oweh did well slashing. Carr did a little of everything. Everybody looked decent but according to the person who told me this the teams only went about 80% speed or so. I'm sure they don't want any injuries this early. Aaron Harrison and Sestina lead Lafamilia scoring wise. Current team also lead from start to finish establishing a early double digit lead.

Sorry. Issue for us, as in his D didn’t look great.

I think with the defensive prowess this team will have, Krissa (if there even is an issue) will be fine.
You'd think a guy like who him who loves to harass the opponent, get under their skin, would excel at defense.

Reactions: chroix
Also watched a podcast about the "practice" with Lafamilia and apparently Robinson hit around 10 3's and had over 30 points. Krissa had around 20 points and some great passes but also had more turnover's than anybody. Another point the guy said was Amari is a great passer in the paint who set up a lot of open shots and stuffed the stats with his scoring, rebounding, assists and blocks. Oweh and Chandler were double figures scorers.

Lafamilia raved about our shooting and passing. We were w/o a starter in Butler and probably our 6th man in Brea and also no time were we close to not leading in the "game". I know it's only a practice game but I think Robinson is gonna have a Reeves type year for us. If he can drop 30 on a team full of NBA guys I don't know why he couldn't drop 20 consistently in college.

Current team won 96 to 79. Butler and Brea DNP. Robinson scored the most points, hitting a few 3's and slashing in the paint. Kerr hit several 3's. Oweh did well slashing. Carr did a little of everything. Everybody looked decent but according to the person who told me this the teams only went about 80% speed or so. I'm sure they don't want any injuries this early. Aaron Harrison and Sestina lead Lafamilia scoring wise. Current team also lead from start to finish establishing a early double digit lead.
80% means they were going 100% on offense and 60% on defense.

I wouldn't say they are the two best guards. I believe Kriisa and Oweh will have something to say about that. By the way, Brea is more of a wing than guard. He and Robinson will play the 3. Brea is a catch and shoot 3 player, hardly qualifies as a "best guard" label, he does nothing else other than shoot 3's. Now he may be the "best shooter" on the team, but that is % based from last year. I think Oweh is going to get some serious run. Oweh ,Kriisa, and Butler will fill most of the minutes at guard, with maybe Chandler hopefully contributing also. Robinson / Brea at the 3. Carr and Almonor at the 4, and Williams / Garrison the 5. There will be small ball and "shooter" lineups depending on the opponent.

IMO, the starting 5 :
Butler
Kriisa
Robinson
Carr
Williams

Kriisa will play the PG/2G, Butler the same. Oweh 2G, Chandler 2G. I say 2G instead of shooting guard because Butler is not really a shooter / scorer, same with Oweh to an extent. His % was on low volume shooting from 3.
I believe Oweh will start and be an All-conference type player. We have several sharp shooters off the bench and should wear teams out trying to defend so far away from the basket

Reactions: dl51344
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT