ADVERTISEMENT

Bucky McMillan

My son played against Mtn. Brook in High School and his team at Samford is exactly the team he had at Mtn. Brook.

Reactions: SparksCat
I went to Samford and live in Birmingham

Bucky McMillan should be looked at before Pearl, Beard, Pope etc
Like how you are thinking SparksCat! It's at least with basketball in mind and evaluating something that is going to be a success before it happens.

Not hating the idea at all.

Reactions: SparksCat
LOL He'd be completely overwhelmed here. Needs lots more seasoning.

I just don't think you go from Samford to Kentucky. He has 1 NCAA tournament appearance. He's 40. He's got time to go somewhere else and grow his resume.

I don't want Pope. Pope isn't in my top 15. Maybe not in my top 20. I'd probably say give Pope a shot before Bucky.

I think Pearl and Beard are tier 2. I assume they won't want Beard because of the wife-choking.

High powered offense and also carries himself with a confidence you only see in the most upper echelon coaches.
The Bulldogs ranked 28th in the nation in scoring offense (78.7 PPG) while ranking 20th in the country in bench points per game (26.53).”.

This guy? Doesn’t seem high powered at all and with only 4 years at Sad under his belt is like to see more experience and success to even draw a sniff from UK.

His team was fun to watch. Only lost by 4 to Kansas. I know Kansas was down a player or 2 but still not bad

Live in Hoover.

He’s going to be good. If we are going to be rebuilding anyway, might as well go after him. He’s smart and knows basketball and hungry

If I could do it over again, I would have gone into coaching. Love every minute of it.

Saw Samford plow through the Southern Conference tournament in Asheville, NC last month. I thought then that Bucky was the kind of guy who might set the world on fire if he could get his foot in the door at a big-time basketball school.

BUT his entire life revolves around Birmingham. Might have sucked if UK offered him the job and got turned down.

Lexington doesn't have Johny Ray's BBQ or Chocolate pies . They are deal breakers , lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT