ADVERTISEMENT

Need help w/ list of firsts/worsts

The "good" firsts all relate to his recruiting accomplishments. No other coach in the history of the sport ever had a recruiting run comparable to Cal's the first half of his time here To have NINE future NBA players on one college roster (as we did in 2015), to have a future NBA superstar never start even a single college game (ie. Devin Booker) ...these are the sort of things never seen before or since.

But, of course, the "bad" firsts relate to how poorly some of his teams underachieved with all that talent. For example, the 21 team somehow managing only a 9 win season with a roster loaded with at least a half-dozen five star recruits and four guys still in the NBA. No team ever did less with more.

Wasn’t it the first time we didn’t advance past round 2 in five consecutive tournaments or something. First time we lost 3 home games in a row. There are a bunch I just can’t recall them right now off the top. I also think 6 home losses in 2020 were the most at Rupp ever. Most seasons and first time we didn’t advance to the weekend of the SEC Tournament. 9 years since a 1 seed, 9 years since a final 4, and 12 years since a title.

Last edited:
Didnt we get passed up for "Most All Time Wins" for the first time during the Cal era?

On the good side I do remember witnessing the first bucket off an inbounds play since 2010 somewhere along there too.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Here’s a positive first: “Oscar Tshiebwe has accomplished something no other University of Kentucky basketball player has ever done. The UK forward won the John R. Wooden Award…giving him a clean sweep of all six major Player of the Year honors.…”

I mean just ask an Alabama fan or Ohio State fan if they think the football coach, after 9 straight top 3 recruiting classes, would be thought of highly if they never made the BCS playoff a single time. It’s been 9 years since final four and 9 years since a one seed - the worst in the history of the program. We’ve won ONE tournament game in 4 years. That’s all that needs said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT