ADVERTISEMENT

Saddest movie ever

Happy Gilmore.

If you can hold back the tears when Happy surprises Chubbs with that Gator head and Chubbs falls out the window to his death, then life has turned your heart to granite, my friend.

Last edited:
Shoah. Yeah, cheating a bit because it's not fiction.

If you were a kid in the 50s, Old Yeller was unendurable.

The Charlie Chaplin movie City Lights is another one the tears people up. If you've never seen it, I won't spoil it for you.

Transformers the movie 1986.

I was like 8 or 9 and they killed Optimus in the opening act. I was devastated. That whole movie was some serious violence and death. Some pretty dramatic crap for young me. But it was the 80s. They had balls back then. We all did. It was rated PG or R. no in-between. R usually meant you were going to see a boob.

They are going to drain my knees again tomorrow so hopefully that will give me relief. Quadruple bypass 16 days ago and what is the problem? My knees which is holding me up from doing the walking I need to be doing. It's getting aggravating.

Don't know you well, but you have been around the paddock whole time I have been here. Hope things improve for you and soon.

Last edited:
Transformers the movie 1986.

I was like 8 or 9 and they killed Optimus in the opening act. I was devastated. That whole movie was some serious violence and death. Some pretty dramatic crap for young me. But it was the 80s. They had balls back then. We all did. It was rated PG or R. no in-between. R usually meant you were going to see a boob.

That and the neverending story both had scenes that devastated young bbi

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
When I was a kid I was certain I’d die either in quicksand or the Bermuda Triangle. Neither turned out to be much of an issue.

I totally forgot the Bermuda triangle. Good call. Did they actually figure that thing out? Or was it like most of these things and just easy content to scare kids?

xEE91LvXiqgs7Hmdl44LCzHtFf6.jpg

A movie about a man willing to kill himself so his son, who needs a heart transplant, can have his heart is the correct answer. I don't show a lot of emotion but as a father I cry like a baby anytime I watch this film.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
The Champ starring Jon Voight. Cried my eyes out. Watched in hotel room. Got up next day and told the guy I was with & he'd watched it too & said the same thing.

I totally forgot the Bermuda triangle. Good call. Did they actually figure that thing out? Or was it like most of these things and just easy content to scare kids?

The Bermuda Triangle doesn’t have any more missing planes or other weirdness than anywhere else. Easy content

When I was a kid ‘stop, drop, and roll’ was beat into our heads so much I thought people were just randomly bursting into flames. A love of ‘unsolved mysteries’ didn’t help

The original Hoosiers.

Most people never saw the version initially released. It told the story of a group of poor, ghetto black kids in South Bend, enduring years of racism, terrible schools and broken families, who come together over the one thing that gives them hope -- basketball.

Overcoming systemic racism, they make the Indiana State Finals, against a team of privileged white kids from an excellent school, nice homes and stable families. Their talent should have made the game a blow out, but racist refs keep the game close. In the last sequence, the refs ignore a mugging - obvious foul - and let the white team steal the ball. In a final heartbreak, some preppy kid who had only played part of the year after ditching his teammates, hits a lucky shot, and once again the dreams of kids who had faced a struggle all their lives are shattered.

When the movie was released, audiences found it too depressing. So the producers pulled it, did a hasty re-edit around a storyline of the privileged kids once again getting things to go their way, and it became a typical Hollywood fairy tale instead of a gritty, heartbreaking look at another lost American dream.

The Bermuda Triangle doesn’t have any more missing planes or other weirdness than anywhere else. Easy content

When I was a kid ‘stop, drop, and roll’ was beat into our heads so much I thought people were just randomly bursting into flames. A love of ‘unsolved mysteries’ didn’t help

Talking about emotion....unsolved mysteries was definitely up there too. The music, imagery, and robert stack's delivery had me scared of aliens, bermuda triangle, and random serial killers looking in my window.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT