ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA: "UNC No Academic Violations"

@jarms24....Not sure how you take the BS on the main board from those POS UNC fools. Even with most of them on ignore, the threads sorta read like a children's book.

Reactions: jarms24
ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?

DMBfXUFXcAIenRw.jpg:large
Drinks are on espn.

@jarms24....Not sure how you take the BS on the main board from those POS UNC fools. Even with most of them on ignore, the threads sorta read like a children's book.
lol, I brought it on myself. I can handle it. Unfortunately I lost a ban bet because of this, so I'll have to retire this moniker and create a new one.

Really sucks that the NCAA is so corrupt. Kind of my own fault for banking on them doing the right thing.

The only good thing about this is the NCAA now has to show how tough they are in enforcing their rules. And with UL they will.

@FrankUnderwood

Starting to believe UL not going to get near the punishment we all thought. NCAA going to feel the pressure with letting UNC off the hook.

The banners are safe for sure now, in my humble opinion.

They let Carolina decide if it broke the rules.

I'm aghast at the boldness of it all. I at least expected some pretend punishment--maybe a scholarship or two, recruiting restrictions, probation, a fine. But to just come out and say that nothing happened after asserting that they had a lack of institutional control is mindblowing.

It's like finding someone guilty of murder and then just asking them if they did it and sentencing them to a lifetime of freedom.

It's like asking them if they think they should have to go to jail for murder.

"Well, maybe some people should...but not us."

lol, I brought it on myself. I can handle it. Unfortunately I lost a ban bet because of this, so I'll have to retire this moniker and create a new one.

Really sucks that the NCAA is so corrupt. Kind of my own fault for banking on them doing the right thing.
You fought a valiant fight. I will kneel for you at my next BBQ.

Will someone let cal know that I volunteer to attend U.K. And sit in on bracketology 101 so our players can have an easy a? I'll even write their papers for them!

Make sure you write a few papers for general non-athlete students as well.

Reactions: sambowieshin
My point was they said this same thing years ago when they first investigated it so why waste all this time to come up with the same BS answer? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why those classes were created. But apparently, if non-athletes get the same treatment when cheating, then it's not cheating. That's the precedent that the NCAA just now confirmed. They just gave the OK for the blueprint to cheating without it being cheating.
Basically, the NCAA is saying that if everybody's cheating (athletes and non athletes) then nobody is cheating. It's the Carolina Way. I have absolutely ZERO faith in the NCAA to do the correct thing any more. Hell, UofL is cheating but I guess they aren't really cheating either if some non athletes were at the Minardi Strip Shows. What a crock of crap.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
So, what did they find out since filing the allegations?

The NCAA found a duffle bag full of cash and a note from Ol’ Roy asking them to remove any punishments. So they obliged. Then they all shared a co’coler and had a laugh about what a journey it’s been.

I've been the rogue fan from BBN who pretty much predicted this would be the response...and frankly.......although I'd have loved to see them blown up, this is and always has been a symptom of the PC need for bogus African American studies programs that were created to hand out worthless degrees. Did the black athletes at UNC and probably most other universities around the land take these as bunny courses? Certainly.

I've used UK's own floral design class as a similar example. Lets just admit this is what happens when people who should not be in college are pushed through the system in order to line the pockets of Universities. Keep them eligible and enrolled. STUDENT LOAN DEBT..... this is a symptom of that issue. But in the end, that is not an NCAA issue but an issue with way too many people going to college and ending up in debt with meaningless degrees.

And the NCAA enforces crap like this. -During the end of his junior year, Jarmon tested positive for a banned supplement. The supplement had been purchased over-the-counter at a nutrition store as a dietary aid while he was recuperating from an injury. Despite self-reporting and that the substance was not an enhancer, the NCAA suspended Jarmon for his senior year.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch

How about we offer Barrett 100,000 and then turn around an give a high school
senior 100,000 to enroll at Kentucky. This will take care of the NCAA requirements that not just a Student -Athlete was offered this money but a
regular student was also offered thus according to the NCAA no rules were broken. JUST SAYING

So what I'm hearing is no collegiate athlete should have to go to class or take real classes, keep their g.p.a. high enough to stay eligible, or even achieve the minimum a.c.t. scores to be eligible.
After all, academics are not their jurisdiction. Everyone should take the NCAA at their word. [eyeroll]

How in the world is giving unearned grades for athletic eligibility purposes, not an impermissible benefit? Seriously? If the NCAA means anything, how do they come to this rationale? If I'm UL, i give the bird to the NCAA and I refuse to take the banner down.

Haven't you saw enough hypocrisy from the NCAA with Duke and UNC to know they will not do the right thing.

I'm sure there are schools in the ACC that have had enough of UNC calling the shots in that league.

OP. I think the title to this thread that you made is unintentionally factually correct. The NCAA is not in the position of judging academic matters. That would become a very slippery slope. They do a horrible job already with ATHLETICS. They may have liked to do something about this but in the end it is clearly a problem with UNC ACADEMICS and less so the athletics dept. JMHO

Ready for the Sports Illustrated "Shame" cover featuring the NCAA.
Don't hold your breath. That story was written by Curry Kirkpatrick, a UNC fan and grad and Dick Vitale's buddy.

Absolute sham.

The NCAA as a credible and legit institution is done. They've probably been done for a while but this is an exclamation point on it.

An academic issue and not with in the NCAA's jurisdiction. That reasoning opens up an entire pandora's box for programs to basically do what they want, and it calls in to question whether some judgments the NCAA has delivered in the past will hold up.

Are pedophilia and prostitution within the jurisdiction of the NCAA? What about the exchange of money from people outside of the program and athletes. Does the NCAA really have authority to regulate and prosecute that?

I mean the NCAA basically just said "it didn't happen on athletic grounds, it happened in the classroom, some other non-athlete students were involved, so there's nothing to see or anything we can do."

If an athlete's parents get a new home, well that didn't really happen on athletic grounds or even on campus...shoe company buys some kid a car before he even sets foot on campus, guess what, that isn't necessarily the school's doing. Some booster hosts a yacht party and athletes are there, so long as some regular students are invited and benefit I suppose it will fly...

I'm sure Katina Powell and her crew serviced other people besides basketball players, so since athletes are not the only people who have benefited from her then UL can tell the NCAA to fly a kite...

From this point forward, If I were a program being investigated by the NCAA for anything I would simply poo poo them away and not recognize their authority.

“...However, NCAA policy is clear. The NCAA defers to its member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred and, ultimately, the panel is bound to making decisions within the rules set by the membership...”
The NCAA is Ned Beatty in Back To School.

NCAA: “Did UNC commit academic fraud?”
UNC: “We’re not gonna lie to you...No.”
NCAA: “I’m satisfied.”

And the NCAA enforces crap like this. -During the end of his junior year, Jarmon tested positive for a banned supplement. The supplement had been purchased over-the-counter at a nutrition store as a dietary aid while he was recuperating from an injury. Despite self-reporting and that the substance was not an enhancer, the NCAA suspended Jarmon for his senior year.

That is the precise example I thought of immediately. Jarmon took that by accident, UK even asked for the NCAA to test him again in two weeks to "prove" it's no longer in his system, and they denied that request. So jarmon lost his ENTIRE senior year over taking something from GNC.

And, of course, they vacated Memphis' entire season over the Rose test score... but didn't have "concrete proof" that he even cheated on it..... deemed him eligible, he plays, then decide he shouldn't be eligible, then penalizes Memphis for doing what the NCAA said they could do in the first place......

How in the world is giving unearned grades for athletic eligibility purposes, not an impermissible benefit? Seriously? If the NCAA means anything, how do they come to this rationale? If I'm UL, i give the bird to the NCAA and I refuse to take the banner down.

UL about to get off as well. No trust in the NCAA

That’s fine. Literally any other school can now CHEAT and there is NOTHING the NCAA can do.

So, I mean what’s to keep so and so school from offering fake (not easy) but fake classes ... and wh they get caught just say “oh just give us the UNC punishment “ and if the NCAA tries to be slick and punish more severely they will just sue .

I’m not surprised but I’m still disgusted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT