ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA: "UNC No Academic Violations"

NCAA is now saying that, if you create fake classes geared towards athletes, throw a couple regular students in to the class as well, you are good to go since it benefitted regular students as well. Expect every major school to create these types of fake classes and just sprinkle in a couple regular students and put all your athletes in the classes so they can focus on what they are truly there to do: wins games and make the schools millions of dollars.

"The panel is troubled by the university’s shifting positions about whether academic fraud occurred on its campus and the credibility of the Cadwalader report, which it distanced itself from after initially supporting the findings. However, NCAA policy is clear. The NCAA defers to its member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred and, ultimately, the panel is bound to making decisions within the rules set by the membership.”

- Sankey

NCAA is now saying that, if you create fake classes geared towards athletes, throw a couple regular students in to the class as well, you are good to go since it benefitted regular students as well. Expect every major school to create these types of fake classes and just sprinkle in a couple regular students and put all your athletes in the classes so they can focus on what they are truly there to do: wins games and make the schools millions of dollars.
Some form of protest/boycott is definitely in order here.

On the bright side no college will ever have an intelligible athelete ever again. As long as we allow a couple of non athletes phony classes we are good!

Hell, let's start renting cars to all our athletes. Just give a few non athletes cars too.

If we implement this system, I can't wait to start landing 5* football players because they don't have to go to class like other non athletes.

NCAA pokes their heads in, we slam the door on their head. No wrong doing here. We have a nice mixture of athletes and non athletes getting benefits. Go away.

Reactions: TM2013
Friends of UNC: Emmert and Higgins

Should anyone be shocked? So why did UNC defend this if they weren't guilty?

McCants will be brought back out for more details.

Roy is a joke.

As in absolutely freaking nothing! What was the third NOA for? Weren't the violations already established? [sick] They should have just called it off before today. Whatever. All we gotta do now is win as shove up their a**es!!!! :boxing:

Reactions: TM2013
"The panel is troubled by the university’s shifting positions about whether academic fraud occurred on its campus and the credibility of the Cadwalader report, which it distanced itself from after initially supporting the findings. However, NCAA policy is clear. The NCAA defers to its member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred and, ultimately, the panel is bound to making decisions within the rules set by the membership.”

- Sankey
What a load of crap... Sankey talked tough but he's just another CUCK.

- Sankey

They let Carolina decide if it broke the rules.

I'm aghast at the boldness of it all. I at least expected some pretend punishment--maybe a scholarship or two, recruiting restrictions, probation, a fine. But to just come out and say that nothing happened after asserting that they had a lack of institutional control is mindblowing.

It's like finding someone guilty of murder and then just asking them if they did it and sentencing them to a lifetime of freedom.

Basketball is where the NCAA gets its funding . They simply weren't going to make a few million less to do the right thing .
UNC being out of tourney and off TV would have hurt revenue too bad . Time to disband NCAA.

If I were any other member school right now, I would be creating an entire degree program just like UNCheat. Maybe Basketballogy or Footballogy? Every player that comes in as well as a few of their mentally deficient buddies can major in those.
Thanks NCAA for looking the other way and condoning the continued dumbing down of America.
giphy.gif

So if you look at this ruling.

If you pay a student athlete 200k to go there, but you also pay a regular student 200k to go there, you can’t conclude it was done just to benefit athletics, right? So no NCAA violation?

Just curious as to how you can say something isn’t a violation just because it wasn’t done solely for athletics.

This is basically what they're saying.

Accused of 5 level 1 violations. Years of investigating. Wainstein report that details the cheating. Not one punishment? Not a single punishment? Are you ****ing kidding me?

If I were any other member school right now, I would be creating an entire degree program just like UNCheat. Maybe Basketballogy or Footballogy? Every player that comes in as well as a few of their mentally deficient buddies can major in those.
Thanks NCAA for looking the other way and condoning the continued dumbing down of America.
giphy.gif
John Skipper and ESPN played a huge role in this. Be sure of that and respond accordingly. I for one refuse to watch UNCheat even it is just to see the final touches of them getting beat.

Reactions: catben
Good. Hand Zion Williamson a half million dollars tonight, give a random freshman a hundred bucks, and let's go play.

Should. If it's a service available to other students, then we can't be punished for it, right?

Wait a second. If those AFAM classes were fake but ALSO offered to non student athletes and students who paid a tuition paid for fake classes, I would be utterly out raged. How is that NOT FRAUD????????? The FBI needs to investigate UNC and NCAA. We just need a total revamp of the system.

Shockme, like I said this same thing was stated by the NCAA several months ago, that the academic issue was not within their jurisdiction since it is up to the colleges on what they certify and that it wasn't limited just to the athletic department. I kept saying this would be the out.

My point was they said this same thing years ago when they first investigated it so why waste all this time to come up with the same BS answer? It doesn't take a genius to figure out why those classes were created. But apparently, if non-athletes get the same treatment when cheating, then it's not cheating. That's the precedent that the NCAA just now confirmed. They just gave the OK for the blueprint to cheating without it being cheating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT