ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA: "UNC No Academic Violations"

Where you miss the obvious is that this is more about our multi cultural snowflake society on campus and less about ATHLETICS. If the racial mix of the football and basketball programs had somehow looked more like the 1960s...this would STILL be going on. That is what you dont understand. This would not be happening in science, engineering, business, math, english etc.... AFAM programs, the belief that they are even needed are the issue not athletics. Athletics are merit based. Educators who believe AFAM programs are necessary do not believe the communities that they serve can thrive under a merit based system. That is why this crap happens.
You understand.

Where you miss the obvious is that this is more about our multi cultural snowflake society on campus and less about ATHLETICS. If the racial mix of the football and basketball programs had somehow looked more like the 1960s...this would STILL be going on. That is what you dont understand. This would not be happening in science, engineering, business, math, english etc.... AFAM programs, the belief that they are even needed are the issue not athletics. Athletics are merit based. Educators who believe AFAM programs are necessary do not believe the communities that they serve can thrive under a merit based system. That is why this crap happens.
And what I am saying to you is that this sham AFAM program was entirely for the benefit of athletes. AFAM was chosen because it offered some level of protection for the scam. "How dare you question the legitimacy of a program designed to study African-American culture and interests!! You must be a racist!!!"
Making the classes available to non-athlete students only furthered the deception. The only people fooled by the existence of these classes were the NCAA and those who thought they had any level of legitimacy. The latter may be those you are referring to.
It was a well constructed and disguised scheme. Heck, it went on for decades before people started saying "hey, wait a minute!" It worked so well that the programs it directly benefited are getting away with it. And to be honest, if I were UNCheat, I'd put the whole thing back into operation ASAP. The NCAA has basically said 'we don't think any wrong was done...fake classes, grades being changed or altered is perfectly OK by us! 'Nothing to see here so, yeah...why not keep it going?

I'll always watch UK games, but I'm done with the NCAA otherwise. What integrity college athletics had left had been compromised and I'm not interested in enabling a phony organization.

And to be honest, I don't really care anymore.

Reactions: rupp876
Its not just whats happened this season at UK. Many people are just tired of this kind of stuff and have been. People have been complaining for years now about CBB. We know what OUR complaints are, its this outside stuff that has exacerbated it. CBB needs an overhaul. This was 3-4 years ago. Will Wade on tape. Zion. The list goes on. That stuff combined with roster turnover and OAD, its no wonder interest is st an all time low. Not to mention the terrible product on the court.

Its not just whats happened this season at UK. Many people are just tired of this kind of stuff and have been. People have been complaining for years now about CBB. We know what OUR complaints are, its this outside stuff that has exacerbated it. CBB needs an overhaul. This was 3-4 years ago. Will Wade on tape. Zion. The list goes on. That stuff combined with roster turnover and OAD, its no wonder interest is st an all time low. Not to mention the terrible product on the court.
The part I can no longer stomach is the damn officiating..........even when the Cats are playing..........too damn many refs taking care of Las Vegas.......

The part I can no longer stomach is the damn officiating..........even when the Cats are playing..........too damn many refs taking care of Las Vegas.......
Officiating has gotten a lot worse too, you're right. Totally ruins the flow of a game.

Reactions: awf
You dam right it does me too !!

Not me anymore. I celebrate the fact that Dean Smith and Roy Williams were exposed. Those sanctimonious UNCheat fans know they cheated their arses off and I laugh at them every time I run into one. I just start telling them about how Dean cheated and that I have no respect for their cheating program. Then, I walk away grinning. The gift that keeps on giving.

I really believe Vegas has a lot to do with it. They have enough money to fix any game they want. Officials are unquestionable. How else can you explain them going to a replay and still getting a call wrong that is obvious to nearly everyone else watching and it happens all the time.

Then you have the block charge nonsense. There are violations in both football and basketball that are judgement calls that can basically be called at any point in a game.

Baseball is the one major American spectator sport that seems like it would be really hard to fix. The strike zone I guess. But I can’t remember seeing one thrown in the dirt or just wayyyyy outside the box called a strike. And guys can still swing at and hammer pitches that are pretty far outside the zone. Cant think of a lot of if any controversial calls deciding a playoff baseball game now that I think of it.

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT