ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa punished Penn St... even though no ncaa violation..they should sue ncaa for not punishing unc..

howercat

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2007
Penn State football didn't have a violation per ncaa standards but was punished...so why not unc?

Reactions: blubo
Ethics or academics, it's all about who's lubing whom...just ask Bilas.

Tarheel-of-the-year-John-Skipper.jpg

Morally bankrupt and a terrible culture and legal issues/ramifications for individuals --yes.

NCAA violations involving recruits or players--No. Thats the OPs point. Not what went on there was ok.
Apparently the powers that be thought it was ok. Defending prdopholes was defending a winning culture which is why they stomped UM

Last edited:
Morally bankrupt and a terrible culture and legal issues/ramifications for individuals --yes.

NCAA violations involving recruits or players--No. Thats the OPs point. Not what went on there was ok.

There is more to being a ncaa member than just players. There is standard like not using ncaa sanctioned events to run a child molestation ring. They also were convicted by the law giving the ncaa grounds to punish them.

unCHEATS will have a massive target on their back for decades, I think karma eventually gets them just like OJ. Nc state, duke and all other unc-hating entities will dig and dig and dig and dig.

Here's what I don't understand. Sankey said in his press conference that although they believe UNC cheated they broke no NCAA bylaws and that they knew all along that this was the case. So, why the hell did they spend so long investigating UNC then? It makes no sense to me that they would spend all that time and money if they knew UNC didn't break any bylaws. It sounds to me like Sankey and the COI were in on the take all along.

Here's what I don't understand. Sankey said in his press conference that although they believe UNC cheated they broke no NCAA bylaws and that they knew all along that this was the case. So, why the hell did they spend so long investigating UNC then? It makes no sense to me that they would spend all that time and money if they knew UNC didn't break any bylaws. It sounds to me like Sankey and the COI were in on the take all along.

That's the only logical explanation I could come up with too. I mean what was it, a 3 year + investigation over nothing. Something fishy about that.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Yeah, I thought it was obvious what the OP was going for.

Now if the NCAA wanted to just shut down the program due to disgusting behavior...I'd been for it.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don’t get how they can just use 7 years worth of resources and money and waste countless taxpayer dollars and issue an NOA and then just say there’s nothing we can do... surely someone has to answer for this or at least explain how the hell this all happened? Maybe someone will make a movie about it or maybe one day it will come out just how corrupt and screwed up everything really is

I don’t get how they can just use 7 years worth of resources and money and waste countless taxpayer dollars and issue an NOA and then just say there’s nothing we can do... surely someone has to answer for this or at least explain how the hell this all happened? Maybe someone will make a movie about it or maybe one day it will come out just how corrupt and screwed up everything really is

The UNC, Penn State was all about PR.

This has been my question since Black Friday. Something is very fishy.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a 30 for 30 special on any of this, except maybe one as a propaganda fluff piece. Cue Jordan soaring from the free throw line and cuts to athletes burning the midnight oil in study hall. And how the big bad NCAA misunderstood Ole Roy at Kansas and shucks, at UNC as well. Roy is just a simple country good ole boy that likes moon pies and co-coler. He couldn't do wrong even if he tried. /fade out to Pentecostals singing "Battle Hymn of the Republic."

Thought the same. Why the hell did it take so long to come to a conclusion that could've been found out within 15 minutes of receiving the notification of allegations???

Reactions: howercat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT