ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA ps5

Just announced earlier this week that EA would be releasing NCAA football sometime late this spring/early summer.

I'm not sure about college basketball. It's one thing to keep a niche game going like that, year after year where you have the building blocks to use. Its another thing to have to start this from scratch. NCAAB is going to sell at fractions of what the football game would sell. I wouldn't be shocked if we never see this come back.

The basketball games stopped being made due to poor sales. Doubt we ever see another unless the amazing 2k basketball team helps create one as a mega dlc for nba2k every year.

Speculation that NCAA football may not happen now or be held up longer. NIL is complicating things I suppose. EA has been very quiet on the subject. Youd think there’d be teasers, ads, a bit of hype etc.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
What they should realize, and the disconnect between game studios and gamers.. is that the gamer doesn't NEED next-gen graphics, especially if it means never getting the game otherwise.

For NCAA Basketball, just re-skin NBA2k18 or something. Keep the same gameplay mechanics for all I care.. just spend some time creating home arenas, fight songs, atmosphere, etc.. and create a good GM mode where you build up a program like Kentucky, with recruiting, playing the games, managing the roster and ultimately trying to win the title.

College ball fans know we aren't getting an AAA type of release.. especially not as the first one in 15 years.. but give us something to work with. And then they can see if it's worth improving.

It's about content and substance, not looks.

The basketball games stopped being made due to poor sales. Doubt we ever see another unless the amazing 2k basketball team helps create one as a mega dlc for nba2k every year.
No kidding there. I remember how crappy both 2K and EA were at times. Clowns and their buyers remorse and trying to convince everyone on Operation Sports that "after much testing I'll be putting version 2.1.67 out soon". What a joke. 2K was better.

Just announced earlier this week that EA would be releasing NCAA football sometime late this spring/early summer.

I'm not sure about college basketball. It's one thing to keep a niche game going like that, year after year where you have the building blocks to use. Its another thing to have to start this from scratch. NCAAB is going to sell at fractions of what the football game would sell. I wouldn't be shocked if we never see this come back.
Man, I spent hours playing ESPN College Hoops 2K5 on my PS2 back in the day. Loved that game and the recruiting.

Lol NCAA how wouldn’t they be involved given the current state of NIL and the student athlete?
Because it’s not their game. No one has ever sued the NCAA for their name image and likeness being used in a video game. EA has been sued multiple times since they make the game.

Specifically what do you think the NCAA would be sued for.

Ncaa 2k8 on my ps2 every march. If they make a new one I'll buy it but I'm too old to give a damn about a new one. It's the only reason that ps2 even exists anymore to me

Reactions: STL_Cat
Am I the only one who has ESPN college Hoops 2K5? Jay Bilas on the color commentary. It was awesome.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Well yeah from graphics and stuff I'm sure. But K game was incredible for the time. Had real player numbers and attributes too.
Nah not the graphics. It has a deeper legacy mode than most modern day sports titles. You can recruit freshman, watch AAU games, play in the mcdonald’s all american game, etc etc.

Because it’s not their game. No one has ever sued the NCAA for their name image and likeness being used in a video game. EA has been sued multiple times since they make the game.

Specifically what do you think the NCAA would be sued for.
Ed O’Bannon sued the NCAA over the use of his likeness in a video game.

Hot take. The Maddens of the mid 2000s (2004-2006) are significantly better in terms of actual gameplay than the Madden games of today, in spite of the much higher level advanced graphics.

"involved" is a vague term. How many car dealers get sued by the person who gets hit in an accident.

Specifically what do you think the NCAA would be
Licensing rights to every player and the money differential it would be now. I think you are just trying to look smart when I was trying to throw jabs at NCAA. Do they give you bonuses for this?

That's a very popular take. ESPN NFL 2k5 is better than any modern madden title.
Sports games now are a joke. They are all geared toward micro transactions in online modes like Ultimate Team. Developers don't care about franchise modes because it makes them no money.

I dont have high hopes for the ncaa game. I'll read reviews before purchasing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT