ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trivia

musrat59

All-American
Feb 6, 2004
Who is the only player in NBA history with 25,000 points,10,000 rebounds, 5,000 assists,1,500 steals and 1,500 blocked shots for his career.

I'm guessing LeBron will pass it also.

Wonder where Westbrook and Harden will finish as well.

Garnett was an absolute monster. One of the better defenders of all time. Too bad he spent most of his career in Minnesota.

I'm guessing LeBron will pass it also.

Wonder where Westbrook and Harden will finish as well.
I don’t see any of them, including Lebron, hit 1500 blocks. Lebron would need to almost double his number of total blocks and he’s 33 years old.

Reactions: musrat59
Garnet is a cautionary tale if you value your career and place in history over max dollars. Our guys need to pay attention. Had Garnet gone to a better organization sooner, his name would be synonymous with the greats. He stayed with a dump franchise too long and it hurt his reputation. He’s never considered close to the types of players with those numbers.

KAT, beg them to trade you.

As good as Duncan was I would call Garnett the better player for sure and that speaks enough imo to how badly he wasted his time in Minnesota

I'd choose Garnett over Duncan 10 times out of 10. Garnett had 0 help in the prime of his career. Duncan had David Robinson, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, Robert Horry, among many others. Funny when Garnett actually got help with the Celtics he won a ring. And that was with him staring his decline as a player.

I don’t see any of them, including Lebron, hit 1500 blocks. Lebron would need to almost double his number of total blocks and he’s 33 years old.
He actually has 1,111 when you include his playoff blocks.

If he played the same % of regular season games (which has him playing 77.2 regular season games) and averaged 18.08 playoff games per years (which is what he has averaged in previous years) at his current regular season block rate (0.7769) and playoff block rate (0.9696), he would need 1.46 blocks at the end of the 2023 playoffs.

That is also making a likely false assumption that he gets zero more blocks this postseason. Of course, the math will be altered a bit if the Cavs don't go to the Finals as a seven-game eastern finals would mean he only played 18 games, so either way a series loss brings down his average # of yearly playoff games.

I also didn't include the years where he didn't make the playoffs because well it seems pretty pointless to factor that in going forward. But the % of regular season games played has been lower than last six years as he has only played more than 77 games once, but this year was also his first year playing all 82.

Last edited:

If he played the same % of regular season games (which has him playing 77.2 regular season games) and averaged 18.08 playoff games per years (which is what he has averaged in previous years) at his current regular season block rate (0.7769) and playoff block rate (0.9696), he would need 1.46 blocks at the end of the 2023 playoffs.

That is also making a likely false assumption that he gets zero more blocks this postseason. Of course, the math will be altered a bit if the Cavs don't go to the Finals as a seven-game eastern finals would mean he only played 18 games, so either way a series loss brings down his average # of yearly playoff games.

I also didn't include the years where he didn't make the playoffs because well it seems pretty pointless to factor that in going forward. But the % of regular season games played has been lower than last six years as he has only played more than 77 games once, but this year was also his first year playing all 82.
Last time I checked playoff stats don’t lump into the regular season stats like that....

I didn’t think playoff stats were included. All of the numbers provided regarding Garnett were regular season only. I’m confident there are probably others that have achieved this if you include playoff statistics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT