ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Thread

Great way to look at it. I actually love using this in a sports debate. You're a GM/coach trying to earn his million dollar salary.. Who do you take? I still might pick Jordan for his clutch factor.. But Lebron is DAMN close.. and I wouldn't fault someone for picking him.
Jordan's ability to turn it up in the clutch was amazing, but to me it's about LeBron's mind and his passing, on top of physical dominance. There's so much there, that if one part of his game is off, he'll still give you so much.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Kobe!!Kobe!!
Man remember that day li
I think Kareem has the greatest career/most achievements.

I think LeBron is the best basketball player of all time.

I think Jordan is considered the GOAT for being second in both of those categories and being the perfect figure at the perfect time. If Michael Jordan has the exact same career starting in 1974 instead of 84, I don't think we view him the same way. Cable, Sportscenter, Nike, Gatorade, and the NBA that Magic and Bird helped build first gave him the chance to build the status he has.

Not to mention, the sports conversation is/has been dominated by the age group who worship him and somehow consider his superiority emblematic of the legitimacy of their entire era. I think as time passes and those folks are replaced by people who grew up with LeBron, you'll see a shift.
Jordan had a nice NBA platform to rise to the top,Team USA also Wheaties everyone wanted a star and he was chosen. People act like Jordan won right of the get go, it took a little while but the platform was ready for him early.
LeBron took the same ready made platform of NBA and built what he thinks is whats best for his time in it.I for one appreciate what all of MJ,Kobe, and LeBron has done with NBA it been awesome to watch from Late night with Kobe and Shaq during shit part of my life were NBA was the fun I needed to have something in that time put a smile and cheer to life.
LeBrons career is something special also and Jordan ending wasn't a fairy tale, LeBron is on top for now and maybe a after next season the comparisons stop and everyone just says WOW both was fuking awesome and glad I stayed up to watch.

Look at the list of guys who have won rings alongside LeBron that you can't believe have a title. It might be as impressive as his own individual accomplishments and statistics.
Is any more jaw dropping than Dwight Howard, dude was a locker room cancer that got waived twice, yet here he is.

Jordan's ability to turn it up in the clutch was amazing, but to me it's about LeBron's mind and his passing, on top of physical dominance. There's so much there, that if one part of his game is off, he'll still give you so much.
LeBron’s versatility is what would get him #1 in a fantasy style draft for an NBA franchise. Most versatile player the sport has ever seen. He literally could play every position on both ends of the court, at worst he could play 1-4 in any era of the game. With peak LeBron you get it all, he’s a plus in everything and is elite at mostly everything.

LeBron’s versatility is what would get him #1 in a fantasy style draft for an NBA franchise. Most versatile player the sport has ever seen. He literally could play every position on both ends of the court, at worst he could play 1-4 in any era of the game. With peak LeBron you get it all, he’s a plus in everything and is elite at mostly everything.

Lebron is like Magic Johnson if he had the body of Karl Malone

Is any more jaw dropping than Dwight Howard, dude was a locker room cancer that got waived twice, yet here he is.
He's another on the list. I mean, even Rondo was viewed as toxic at his last several stops. This Lakers team is Bron, AD, a disgustingly overpaid Danny Green, and the island of misfit toys. Rondo, JR Smith, JaVale, Waiters, Dwight, even Jason Kidd as a coach.

The whole thing should have been a disaster, especially with a pandemic interrupting the season. Instead, LeBron was as good as he's ever been and the Lakers are champs. It's not more impressive than the Warriors comeback, because that was such an all-time great opponent, but the totality of the accomplishment this year is his best yet.

Yep, for 17 years I've been saying that he should be playing PG full-time. That's his natural position.

I get that, and I see now how great he is running the offense as a distributor, but in his younger days I wanted badly to see him play OFF the ball some of the time, working in the high post or cutting more instead of always driving after being defended from 30 ft. He has a more complete game now for sure. But he's a guy who can play pretty much anywhere and be great at it.

The pro game is so complicated OFF THE COURT that rookie coaches are risky. Nobody comes to the game to watch the Coach.

Yep, for 17 years I've been saying that he should be playing PG full-time. That's his natural position.
In reality he has been playing PG. He has almost always been the primary offensive facilitator on his teams and led them in assists. And PG is the most talent rich position in the league, you slot him in the starting lineup at the position that’s the least talent rich throughout the league, which for the most part has been either C then SF for most of his career. And obviously you don’t want him playing center.

Draft classes I really liked: Pistons & Mavericks

Really excited to see Maxey in Philly.

The NBA season starts back in a little over a month. Here's the expected schedule:

The teams with the seventh-highest and eighth-highest winning percentages in each conference will each have two opportunities to win one game to earn a playoff spot. The teams with the ninth-highest and tenth-highest winning percentages in each conference will each have to win two consecutive games to earn a playoff spot.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the team with the seventh-highest winning percentage in each conference will host the team with the eighth-highest winning percentage in its conference in a Play-In Game (the “Seven-Eight Game”). The winner of the Seven-Eight Game in each conference will be the seventh seed in the playoffs for its conference.

The team with the ninth-highest winning percentage in each conference will host the team with the tenth-highest winning percentage in its conference in a Play-In Game (the “Nine-Ten Game”). The loser of the Seven-Eight Game will host the winner of the Nine-Ten Game in a Play-In Game, and the winner of that game will be the eighth seed in the playoffs for its conference.

• Dec. 11-19, 2020: Preseason games

• Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021: First Half of regular season

• March 5-10, 2021: All-Star break

• March 11 – May 16, 2021: Second Half of regular season

• May 18-21, 2021: Play-In Tournament

• May 22 – July 22, 2021: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Draft classes I really liked: Pistons & Mavericks

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I liked Sacramento's draft class. Haliburton at 12 was an unexpected surprise and I liked Woodard and Ramsey in the 2nd. Maybe it won't matter because they're still the Kings, but it'd be cool to see De'Aaron Fox get to play some meaningful basketball.

Anyone catch the games last night? KD looked awesome. Warriors did not. Lakers for whatever reason do not care about playing the clippers in the regular season. AD didn't play well. Kawhi and PG looked better.

Excited to watch the Sixers tonight. Anyone else have a team playing?

Reactions: wentzel25
Anyone catch the games last night? KD looked awesome. Warriors did not. Lakers for whatever reason do not care about playing the clippers in the regular season. AD didn't play well. Kawhi and PG looked better.

Excited to watch the Sixers tonight. Anyone else have a team playing?
Lifelong Nets fan. Was fun watching last night

Reactions: ryanbruner
Lifelong Nets fan. Was fun watching last night
Nets look awesome! Kyrie is a nut but hes a hooper. Anyone whos ever played pick up at a park knows what I'm talking about. That dude is what we all thought we'd be as a playground legend.

KD is awesome and lethal from anywhere. He isnt fair. Watching him pull up like no one is in front of him is so fun. Also Levert is a spark off the bench! Gotta love it!

The NBA game is a drag now. It’s all about driving to the basket and kicking it out for a three, with no emphasis on passing, cutting, or post play.

I understand that this brand of ball is appealing to many, but miss the days of Kareem, Hakeem, Ewing, or even Rik Smits.

The NBA game is a drag now. It’s all about driving to the basket and kicking it out for a three, with no emphasis on passing, cutting, or post play.

I understand that this brand of ball is appealing to many, but miss the days of Kareem, Hakeem, Ewing, or even Rik Smits.
You still have dominate back to the basket guys now.....problem is its not winning basketball to play that way anymore.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984

The below was just said in the same sentence

The game is all about driving then passing it out for a three
AND
There is no emphasis on passing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT