ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft rounds 8+

Im going to go Tim Hardaway Jr. In his 4th year, put up 14.5ppg and 2.8 rpg and 2.3 apg in 27 minutes of action. A very good back up to Westbrook, Derozan, Holiday and Fournier.

For my final pick I needed to get in the right frame of mind. So I popped in my favorite R&B mix and just allowed it to take over. The first track "Get It" dropped and I knew I needed to get a great player. Next "Money" started and I looked over my roster and was glad I didn't have to factor in contracts. When "N-timate" and "N-time" and "N-Vasion" played back to back I marveled at just why on earth it's so hard to spell out those words correctly... it's N-furiating. I was veering off the path, my draft pick was becoming less clear I needed to refocus. That's when "War-the-City" played and I knew I needed to atone for picking a dirty bird, by selecting one of our own someone who had never lost to the city school. "The Pain of Losing You" reminded me of how hard it is to watch all of our favorites players leave after one year so I need to do what I can to bring them back.

That Tom Lyles really gave us some great hits, none bigger than his son Trey Anthony Lyles. I can still see him dropping that super smooth turn around 15' jumper along the baseline. Trey has had a rough two years to start his career. First he had the indignity of being drafted by the wrong team (Seriously why didn't the Jazz take Booker.... they needed shooters not bigs). Next he played in spurts and ended up being really productive when the starting PF went out... like crazy effective, and then he was in the doghouse for no apparent reason and couldn't get off the bench. He's got a new start at Denver, he's only 21 and has plenty of time to develop and grow into the versatile PF we know he can be. Plus we already know he's got a good rapport with KAT. We're getting the gang back together.

dzxg7.gif

I'll take Jordan Clarkson with my last pick. Solid combo guard that can come in and play the 1 or the 2 depending on what we need at the time.

Reactions: gossie21
Hopefully we can start the playoffs this weekend. Lets all try and make a push this is the last round.

Sorry guys i got called into work. I cant even think of another name. Is larry nance jr still available? Im on mobile so its hard to check

My team would love to announce a PG that's 6'6 has a 7'0 wingspand and is 190 lbs from France Frank Ntilikina. Only 19 years old plenty of time to grow into the PG position behind IT and EP. Already a great athletic defender that can guard 3 positions and plays above the rim, he will be a great addition to the team.

Looks like his times up so I'll go the guy who has been the best rookie so far, Donovan Mitchell. @UKNorse

Last edited:
Looks like his times up so I'll go the guy who has been the best rookie so far, Donovan Mitchell. @UKNorse
I don't know how you quantify the "best rookie so far." I will say this though, I went to SLC summer league and he was more impressive than Fultz, Tatum or anyone else there. I wanted to pick him, but decided against adding rookies. There's another sleeper from that league I wanted to add, but I doubt he would have even registered with anyone.

As for Mitchell. He looked far better in an NBA setting than he ever looked in college. It's almost as if Pitino was holding him back. Mitchell is incredibly athletic and looks like he has a good shot. With a +6 wingspan he should also be able be a good rebounding guard and defender. I like the pick.

His first season was limited with playing time and an ankle injury. But I pick Dragan Bender is a 7'1 modern day stretch power forward. Has drew comparison to Porzingod. With more playing time an off season under his belt I think a breakout season for this 19 year old is underway.

This is the final pick of the draft pending Gonzo getting back. I personally think we should start the playoffs on Monday but I'm for whatever the community wants.

His first season was limited with playing time and an ankle injury. But I pick Dragan Bender is a 7'1 modern day stretch power forward. Has drew comparison to Porzingod. With more playing time an off season under his belt I think a breakout season for this 19 year old is underway.

This is the final pick of the draft pending Gonzo getting back. I personally think we should start the playoffs on Monday but I'm for whatever the community wants.

I was down to him or Sabonis. Went for durability. Sabonis has also shown a little more at this point.

I was down to him or Sabonis. Went for durability. Sabonis has also shown a little more at this point.

Thats fair I needed a power forward anyways so this was the best one IMO left in the draft over a 7 year period.

@gossie21 correct, probably should have said one of the best, but he's been looking like a top 5 pick so far. He seems like a different player than college, and has the tools to be a great two way shooting guard

Reactions: gossie21
@gossie21 correct, probably should have said one of the best, but he's been looking like a top 5 pick so far. He seems like a different player than college, and has the tools to be a great two way shooting guard

He looked good, but so did Ball, Fox, and a few other guys (not sure they've all been drafted).

Fultz was hurt early, Monk was out.

I would say it's way too soon to even put him top 5.

He looked good, but so did Ball, Fox, and a few other guys (not sure they've all been drafted).

Fultz was hurt early, Monk was out.

I would say it's way too soon to even put him top 5.
Watching him in warmups and it was clear he was on a different planet than everyone else athletically and talent wise.

But that's compared to summer league talent. Will he stand out as much once games in the big boy league starts? I suppose we will see.

Reactions: quest4#9
Watching him in warmups and it was clear he was on a different planet than everyone else athletically and talent wise.

But that's compared to summer league talent. Will he stand out as much once games in the big boy league starts? I suppose we will see.

He looked good, but this was such a deep guard draft. I wouldn't be throwing around top 5 labels quite yet.

He looked good, but this was such a deep guard draft. I wouldn't be throwing around top 5 labels quite yet.
I just want to be a hipster about it when he blows up over the next 3 years.

I thought about taking him from round 8 on but couldn't ever pull the trigger.

Reactions: Aike and quest4#9
It's a lot harder to take a card But he seems like a good kid who could be great. They're bound to have a good pro at some point

Sorry about holding things up, checked in yesterday early afternoon and figured I'd be safe to check out for the night.

Give me 14 points per game with 1.5 made threes, another versatile forward with the athleticism and toughness to play up or down a spot.

I'll take Marcus Morris.

Okay so I assume the best way to make playoffs is making the matchups random? I believe traditionally we had a 48 hour round voting period

Also if @gossie21 could update the final picks I'll be good or if he wants to do it make the random playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT