ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Damn. Bubba has had absolute shit luck this year
If only he was as good of a driver as NASCAR makes him out to be. All of their promo photos and things have Larson, Chase, Hamlin, Truex and Bubba. When they are showing 3 champs, a 54 win driver and a guy with 2 wins it would seem the guy with 2 wins, and one of those being a rain shortened race, doesn't fit in as the elite of the sport.

I used to pull for Bubba to succeed but after the whole "noose" on the garage door that Bubba and NASCAR tried to make into a racial issue when it turned out that the rope was used to close the door and that it was tied that way a year earlier, I have just soured on him. He and NASCAR should have came out and apologized to the rest people in the garage that they accused of being racist and instead one of the announcers, I believe it was Rick Allen, doubled down on more than 1 occasion and called it a noose for several months afterward talking about what Bubba had to endure and the noose. I'm sure Bubba has dealt with some stuff from fans in person and on social media but I highly doubt the ones in the garage have ever treated him differently and NASCAR threw them under the bus to prove a point of how diverse they are.

Last edited:
Of course, a caution with 10 to go killing the momentum of what was shaping up to be a great finish. Bet they wind the laps all the way down to a GWC finish. Regardless of how many at the restart, really hate they couldn't finish under a green flag run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT