ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Reckon NBC has a clause in that big $$$ contract that says it can tell nascar to butt-out after a certain number of stupid decisions?

I missed the race Sunday. What did he do?
Threw a tantrum after the race door slamming Bowman on the cool down lap after the spin earlier. Definitely not his first time, I remember the water incident throwing it on Alex at Indy several years ago. Just like his boss having something in common showing themselves during the post-race after a Bowman win. Not sure if Hamlin addressed it on his little podcast but he better tread carefully to not look like a hypocrite criticizing Bubba for following in his own footsteps.

With 5 races remaining it looks like Kyle Busch will miss the playoffs unless he can pull off a win breaking his playoff streak. If he can't win at all it will also break his streak of at least 1 win over the last 20 seasons.

Also looking like Bubba could be out too. I don't get why NASCAR puts him in all their promotional stuff when he has 2 career wins with one being a rain shortened race.

Talk of Austin Dillon possibly being out of 3 car at the end of the year. His replacement? None other than Ty Dillon and he will be in the #33 with his crew chief Keith Rodden for the Brickyard. RCR isn't the same organization as it was with Earnhardt and Harvick overachieved in their garbage equipment. Newman nearly was 2 laps from winning them a championship at Homestead before Harvick won it in his first year with SHR. Hell, I remember 20 years ago Johnny Sauter in the Busch Series saying "I have to get out of this Childress shit equipment before I ruin my career."

Apparently the Amazon/Discovery races will be broadcast from a studio in Charlotte like FOX did during the pandemic. I hate to bitch and moan about NASCAR all of the time but this is another direction the sport is headed that I can't stand. I have criticized FOX several times here for making it seem like they did not want to be at the track with their pre-race team doing coverage from the Charlotte studio before and after the race giving off the impression that they did not care to be present at the track.

In sports, the broadcasters need to be present at the venue of a game or a race from a booth or on the sidelines for basketball. This is another one of the cost cutting measures NASCAR takes while many fans who don't have Amazon or Discovery are going have to pay more to see the races already. I like seeing the broadcast teams at the race and FOX's prime years with Joy, DW, McReynolds in the booth and the Hollywood Hotel with Hammond and DW as well as Trackside Live with Speed Channel. Those days are in the past and it is ashame.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT