ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Speaking of AEW, is Dallas replacing London? Sure, Jerry World is shown below but I can't imagine AEW trying to do All In there. I like the confidence and many AEW fans will flock to wherever their version of WrestleMania is held, but that seems mighty ambitious when their weekly shows here in the states are drawing 2,000 - 5,000. Of course there's other places around Dallas which are smaller that might have Khan's attention.

At one point I had read they were potentially looking to move Double Or Nothing out of Las Vegas next year.
Maybe a "Texas Hold 'Em" kind of thing.
Of course I could be wrong.

Anyway Raw for tonight

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Damian Priest and GUNTHER face to face.
WWE Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn vs. Ilja Dragunov
Drew McIntyre returns.
Rhea Ripley to open Raw.
Sheamus vs. Bronson Reed.

Tony can’t be thinking about trying to fill JerryWorld with the current attendance woes. I’d be stunned.

Great match obviously, but:

- you can do a memorable 25-35 minute match. When you go an hour then both guys are kicking out of everything. Gets stale after a while. Just being honest. It was SuperMJF and SuperWill until a large ring was used.
- Ospreay being conflicted about the Tiger Driver would make sense if Danielson was still injured but he's not. He continues to not only wrestle but he's the number one contender. It's an in-ring story but it doesn't make sense if Danielson took it and is not only fine but succeeding now more than ever. Would be like Orton injuring KO with the RKO and he's not using the RKO anymore even though KO is now number one contender and in a different feud/story.

These two will have other matches but tonight in front of 2,000 fans in a pitch black arena with lots of picture in picture breaks probably shouldn't have happened. Do your epic hour long match at Wembley and you've still got three more hours to work with. Large crowd that's way more into it at a major event, and with an hour gone, the total number of matches would be like 7 or 8.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Great match obviously, but:

- you can do a memorable 25-35 minute match. When you go an hour then both guys are kicking out of everything. Gets stale after a while. Just being honest. It was SuperMJF and SuperWill until a large ring was used.
- Ospreay being conflicted about the Tiger Driver would make sense if Danielson was still injured but he's not. He continues to not only wrestle but he's the number one contender. It's an in-ring story but it doesn't make sense if Danielson took it and is not only fine but succeeding now more than ever. Would be like Orton injuring KO with the RKO and he's not using the RKO anymore even though KO is now number one contender and in a different feud/story.

These two will have other matches but tonight in front of 2,000 fans in a pitch black arena with lots of picture in picture breaks probably shouldn't have happened. Do your epic hour long match at Wembley and you've still got three more hours to work with. Large crowd that's way more into it at a major event, and with an hour gone, the total number of matches would be like 7 or 8.
100% agree I figured it’d be 30 minute match too - didn’t need to be a 59 minute match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT