ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Did you see where Brian France is suing the guy who has the Twitter account DrunkBrianFrance? The suit says people have confused the parody account with him. If he wins a bunch of people will be crapping themselves.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Tony Stewart to race Xfinity Series inaugural event on the Indy Road Course this year.

NASCAR to keep all Speedweeks events in a week time frame 'Speedweek'. Changing the Busch Clash to the road course on the Daytona track used for the Rolex 24. Last race for the Gen 6 car before converting to the new one. To be ran mid-week on a Tuesday night under the lights and the Daytona 500 on Feb 14th. Super Bowl is on February 7th so you know the Clash wouldn't have been ran then.

NASCAR switching to a single lug nut design in 2021.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd Daytona race be on the road course.

Did you see where Brian France is suing the guy who has the Twitter account DrunkBrianFrance? The suit says people have confused the parody account with him. If he wins a bunch of people will be crapping themselves.
If anybody thinks that account is the real Brian France, they're an idiot.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
So if NASCAR cancels races at tracks and goes to IRacing due to the Coronavirus it is time to be scared because their fans have so much alcohol in their systems on race day that no virus could infiltrate them.

Sensible decision, surprisingly. One of the few sports in which the competitors/crew are not in close proximity and can keep distance from each other.

Hopefully the Wuhan will hit Logano since every other driver is scared shitless of hitting him.

Done with this sport. Logano runs over anyone he wants and everyone's too chickenshit to go back at him

According to Bob Pockrass they will get the season in one way or another. He says they are considering mid week races, doubling up at some tracks like they intended to do at Pocono and going past the scheduled end. He said that NASCAR doesn't say that the final 10 tracks are the Chase just the final 10 races so that could be shaken up as well.

Ha. Robby Gordon sucked* so bad.

*disclaimer: I fully realize that Robby Gordon or most any NASCAR driver is better at their job that I will ever be at anything, but this is the Paddock and we deal with relative hyperbole all the time.

I would be OK canceling some races (even Kentucky) but since NASCAR owns some of the tracks (or am I making that up?) I could see how that would be a conflict of interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: kybloo92
Well, there are only two sports now. NASCAR and EPL (for now). I’ll be watching.

You can quote me on this if you'd like, but I think there are three sports. Mountain climbing, bull fighting, and auto racing. All the rest are just games.

NASCAR could still run if they got creative with social distancing.

* One hauler driver. The car driver will follow along in another vehicle.

* No fans allowed.

* No pit crew, no spotters.

* Drivers will be responsible for tire changes, fueling, and car adjustments on pit stops.

It might be the ultimate test in terms of endurance and will power.

[laughing]

So I have been looking on Google Maps at different tracks and their layout which got me to thinking. Which tracks do you think could pull off a roval race besides Charlotte? I think Miami Homestead, Pocono, Indy and Daytona would be interesting races.

That was actually pretty entertaining and a great finish. I’d be in favor of more of these.

Got equipment in the mail today, Logitech Pedal and wheels. Shifter on the way to try my hand at this iRacing thing. iRacing is used as a simulator for a lot of the testing that is done away from the tracks NASCAR allows teams to go to, especially when they started putting restrictions and limitations in real world testing.
Good luck. It's tricky. My son has a chance to move up into the top series with a top 20 finish next season.

The iRacing deal was one of the best nascar broadcasts ever lol. Everything about it was entertaining. We didn’t even mind the cautions, because they were quick and barely noticeable with the driver interviews. We will definitely watch these every week.

Last edited:
That's impressive! Good luck to him. I saw a previous post in here where you mentioned he's raced against Dale Jr! Awesome! I expect to be terrible at this. No good at the online racing through NASCAR Heat on PS4 but like how much more iRacing is expanded with more to offer than NASCAR Heat games.
Yeah, I've always been able to sit down at any kind of racing video game and do pretty well. This is a whole different animal. There is no "just hit the gas and go". You have to drive it like a real car.

Reactions: kybloo92
I think nascar could have a chance here they haven’t had in a while. Keep building on this iRacing, and get back to racing with no crowds before everyone else is back to playing.

Could be an opportunity to snag a fan base for them.

I’d also love to see them run iRacing at a Daytona or Talladega with no plates.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Would rather watch older races like this vs replays of newer ones.
They've been on a roll since midway point of last season on quality of races. There have been a couple of snoozers, but other than that the races have been entertaining and eventful. The stage racing really has made the races quality, and factor in the young talent mixed with the wily veterans its hard not to have a good race nowadays.

The only thing missing is the household name (Earnhardt, Gordon, et al). Kyle Busch is the closest thing to the a household name and he's not near the mainstream as some of the 90s/00s guys. However, Chase Elliott is the next big thing if he continues to progress and could end up as a big star like some that came before him.

the virtual race today was great in my opinion.

no need to wait for track cleanup after wrecks and commentary was awesome!

anyone else watch it???

Reactions: KRJ1975
So a couple weeks ago I listened to MRN's good Jeff Gordon Podcast Series.

Hearing the old calls from races in the mid to late 90's was just great nostalgia for me. As I remember a lot of those instances very vividly, mostly the battle with Burton at Darlington for the Winston Million.

Good Podcast listen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT