ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts. Move over UMM

morgousky

All-American
Sep 5, 2009
first of all, I'm not supposed to drink but I am. So whatever. But I got sht to say.

Watching this tournament live and surrounded by Memphis fans is a dream for me. So thank you to the state of Kentucky first and foremost. You guys make this happen. And I don't think Cal's teams do a good enough job of shouting out to the fans when a microphone is in their face. We take a beating as a fanbase. I think we make UK great, all of us.

I was really low on this team most of the year. In my defense, I wasn't going to jinx it late. I worried about who could guard the perimeter, matchup problems, Briscoe, lack of depth inside, and our inability to defend home court which I've never seen out of a Calipari team. I also think I bought into the mantra that the "sec sucks" and discounted some quality wins. I usually don't buy that either.

I hated Briscoe being tagged team leader. I always felt Fox had to be the one. So it appears Cal allowed the team to figure that out and Briscoe became a favorite of mine tonight. The guy handed the keys over and played to our strengths. Super proud of Briscoe.

If we lose to UNC, so be it. But this team represented UK excellent this year.

Coach Cal might not catch UCLA or coach K. He might not catch Bob Knight. He might not win multiple titles. But he's a champ and has restored UK for the next generation. He also can say at the end of the day, he put his kids first and probably hurt his legacy somewhat in the process. He's a top 5 all time coach in my book. (Albeit a small, 31 page book).

Here's to us, F the world, go get'm Cats!!!!

Last edited:
first of all, I'm not supposed to drink but I am. So whatever. But I got sht to say.

Watching this tournament live and surrounded by Memphis fans is a dream for me. So thank you to the state of Kentucky first and foremost. You guys make this happen. And I don't think Cal's teams do a good enough job of shouting out to the fans when a microphone is in their face. We take a beating as a fanbase. I think we make UK great, all of us.

I was really low on this team most of the year. In my defense, I wasn't going to jinx it late. I worried about who could guard the perimeter, matchup problems, Briscoe, lack of depth inside, and our inability to defend home court which I've never seen out of a Calipari team. I also think I bought into the mantra that the "sec sucks" and discounted some quality wins. I usually don't buy that either.

I hated Briscoe being tagged team leader. I always felt Fox had to be the one. So it appears Cal allowed the team to figure that out and Briscoe became a favorite of mine tonight. The guy handed the keys over and played to our strengths. Super proud of Briscoe.

If we lose to UNC, so be it. But this team represented UK excellent this year.

Coach Cal might not catch UCLA or coach K. He might not catch Bob Knight. He might not win multiple titles. But he's a champ and has restored UK for the next generation. He also can say at the end of the day, he put his kids first and probably hurt his legacy somewhat in the process. He's a top 5 all time coach in my book. (Albeit a small, 31 page book).

Here's to us, F the world, go get' Cats!!!!
Lol umm will appreciate this

ADVERTISEMENT