ADVERTISEMENT

My Mom passed away this morning

Hey Everybody We lost a big UK fan this morning, My Mom was 84 and I can remember her listening to Caywood with her score sheet in front of her, If there is a born Angel in this life, it was this woman here, not a mean bone in her..Love you Mom..Keep pulling for the CATS Upstairs
My friend I am very sorry for your loss. My mom and I used to watch the Cats on tape delay at 10:30 after the local news. Sometimes we knew the score, sometimes we didn't, but we cheered like crazy either way. Again, I am sorry for your loss!

My friend I am very sorry for your loss. My mom and I used to watch the Cats on tape delay at 10:30 after the local news. Sometimes we knew the score, sometimes we didn't, but we cheered like crazy either way. Again, I am sorry for your loss!
That’s my favorite thing to do with my Mom. She still keeps over paying for Cable or Satellite because she’s terrified of missing a UK game. I can’t wait for the season to start.

Man, I am right where you're at I think. I can't imagine life without my mom. It's literally by best friend. No matter how hot or great of female that comes into my life at any given time she's still gonna be #2 compared to my mom. My mom never has given up on me. But the part about your mom getting up there in age is often the same thoughts I have
numerous times daily and just wondering how much time you have left with her. It's hard and can be depressing watching any person age, but a min is even on a different level. Time and old age can slip up on us faster than we expect.
Yeah. Ever since she got that damn Covid shot she’s been sick non stop too. People can argue all day about it, but I don’t wanna derail this thread because it’s not the right place at all. I can only tell you that her health has been utter crap since then and it scares me to death.

Hey Everybody We lost a big UK fan this morning, My Mom was 84 and I can remember her listening to Caywood with her score sheet in front of her, If there is a born Angel in this life, it was this woman here, not a mean bone in her..Love you Mom..Keep pulling for the CATS Upstairs
Very sorry for your loss. It's wonderful she's left such a lasting affect/impression on you and your family. I lost my Mother in 2019, she lacked 41 days being 100 and was a huge UK fan and understood the integral parts of the game as much as anyone. When I played she always pointed out the things I needed to improve, that was after encouraging me, she & Dad sure kept me grounded.

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers with you and family. My parents aren't even 70 yet and have dealt with cancer, AFib, pneumonia and other debilitating issues.

As an only child the last few years have led to a lot of thinking on my part. Time flies man, I hope you are able to recover from your loss quickly and remember the good times.

Hey man I'm so sorry to read this. To send condolences doesn't even begin to cover it. I've lost two brothers and a sister. My parents are older and I'm blessed to have them. I can't imagine losing one of them. You're one of my favorites on this site. I hope the pain eases soon.

Make His hand and blessings be upon you and your family as you mourn the loss of your mother. Please remember your mother by telling great, wonderful and fun stories about your mother. It’s a great way to remember and celebrate her life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

AlohaCat

Have you in my thoughts man. My brothers wife passed away from cancer two weeks ago, and it’s been brutal for all of us. My mom hasn’t really been the same since losing her parents and her brother years ago. Stay strong.

Yeah. Ever since she got that damn Covid shot she’s been sick non stop too. People can argue all day about it, but I don’t wanna derail this thread because it’s not the right place at all. I can only tell you that her health has been utter crap since then and it scares me to death.
Hell, it don't take nothing to derail these threads on this shit. Say what you gotta say. I mean I hate everything turns to politics and stuff, but if I got something to say. Ppl can take it for what it's worth. Some ppl forget everybody not tryin to argue by just stating your opinion.

So sorry to hear about your mom. Your family is in my thoughts.

atVwYGnz_o.jpg

When I was a kid I genuinely thought UK basketball and other stuff was life or death. Then grow up and realize how GD stupid everything really is when mom is lying in a hospital ICU. The only thing really that made me wish I was never even born. My prayers are with you and your family.

I lost my mother in April.. continues to be the hardest thing that I have ever been through. I had a friend send me this to me that day. It brought me comfort. Hoping it does the same for you or someone else.

I am reminded of the celebration awaiting her as she walks the road towards her King. Banners are blowing in the breeze and the multitude of heavenly hosts line the street in anticipation. The sky is deep blue as soft clouds float along, bearing witness to the scene below.

Some old friends appear out of the masses, joining her in her walk. As your mom reaches the throne, Jesus is there waiting for her. She smiles and with open arms says - “Well done, my good and faithful servant, well done! Welcome Home!”

As Jesus embraces her, the crowd erupts in cheers. The trumpets sound, the drums roll and the music of laughter fills the air. The party has begun and will go on late into the night. Stories are told and relationships restored. Those who have passed, stop by and offer their words of welcome and congratulations.

The party is attended by the angels, the saints and wild animals, as the fullness of The Heavens surrounds her. There are no more tears, for the old order of things is gone. Jesus smiles, turns to her and says - “See, I make all things new!”

Prayers sent. Moms are special. Lost mine in August. Sounds like your Mom was a very special blessing.

Sorry, brother. Just lost my dad. He too loved the cats. Heaven is filled with BBN.

Very sorry for your loss .

Reactions: dcw62
I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm sorry about your loss @dcw62.

Moms are special. And regardless of gender, a lot of people feel a special connection to their moms. I loved both of my parents, but Mom and I were close, like two old souls that found each other once again. She passed 4 years ago, and never ever missed a UK game, football or basketball, until the day she slipped into a coma. I watched a lot of games with her as I took care of her over 13 years, and even more before that when I was growing up. Even when I was at college, we'd call and talk about the game. That first game without her was unbearable. But, I know she's not in pain anymore, and was no longer bound by that damned wheelchair.

All that to say, hugs to you. And iwhile the pain will never truly go away, you learn how to live with it and the "box around the ball (grief)" will get larger and less overwhelming. There will always be bad days and days it hurts like it was yesterday. But the love remains.

Hugs to you.

Reactions: dcw62
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT