ADVERTISEMENT

My 1st and probably last plea to the staff to here out a 14 yr poster about a recruit, Damion Pierce

EclipsingYou

Junior
Sep 23, 2003
I posted this elsehwere, but wanted to give it its own thread with the hope that someone important may happen to see it and agree with my overall point I am trying to make...

After realizing that he would probably never see the field at Alabama, I have been hoping that UK puts the full court press on Dameon Pierce to follow up the great RBs we have shown lately in Locke, later landing Boom, followed by the steal of the class in Benny Snell Jr..

Alabama now looks likely to land either Asa Martin (5* from Alabama) or Zamir White from NC (#5 Overall RB) within the next few weeks. They have also stated that they are only looking to take one RB in this class.

With him dropping Alabama, it looked like Georgia was his second favorite. Georgia has already had the #1 overall RB commit and is a big favorite to land the #3 RB, James Cook, as well..

The other competition appears to be Florida and Auburn. While FL has yet to find a RB, they signed 2 top 25ish RB last season that they were able to redshirt that puts them on an even grade as Pierce while enjoying a year's advantage in practice. FL will have a JR, 2 SO, and 2 RS-FR on their roster next year. Auburn already has Shaun Shivers committed and he has appeared to shut down his recruitment. Auburn will have 1 SR, 3 JR's, 3 SO's and Shivers next season for Pierce to contend with. A few of those players were ranked just a bit higher and have had 2-3 years experience in the offense already. So, he will probably have to take a RS, bust his butt for 4 years, and pray that he gets the nod in his 5th year season to be one of these 4 teams #1 player at RB.

Despite this information, the Crystal Ball, which is always right, obviously, still has Pierce as 100% to Georgia as his instate "dream" school. The likely destination of the #1 and #3 RB's NATIONALLY in this class. How is the world would he make his mark there after walking into the worst scenario imagineable?

I wish each of us season ticket holders could get an opportunity once a year to write a short email to the head of Recruiting on staff to point out such things on a player that has seen Georgia and Auburn go other ways and that FL and Auburn have stables of RBs that exceeds the amount of WR most teams have, just about. That will all be impossible to pass up over the next 3 years. Maybe even 5.

Looks like one of the best scenarios possible for UK to step in for a highly ranked RB looking to make his mark early and play early and often. After backing Benny in the first healf of his FR season, he'd be quite the 1-2 punch after he gets the playbook down, like we saw with Benny and Boom, after Benny departs after his JR season (Seems very likely), he will have 2 years to start at UK and take advantage of a constantly improving OL that is one of the top 5 in all of the SEC this season between depth and talent, if you ask me, to put up massive numbers and increase his next level chances more so than risking everything by sitting for 4 years only to hope that he will be able to be the starter in his 5th season at Alabama, FL, Georgia, or Auburn.

Our staff has had some good luck in Georgia.

Instead of settling in on a bad situation just to have a year to shine if lucky, which seems crazy when we are talking about the 14th best RB in the nation according to Rivals, 14th Overall on 247 and #305th Overall, 9th overall in 247's cumulative ratings and #183rd Overall, #9 RB on Scout and #158st nationally, and at ESPN he is the #7 overall RB and the #101st player nationally, come be a star at an up and coming SEC school that is improving each season and has recruited better than ever for the years since CMS was hired.

I see Michigan St and FSU rumblings over him on Forums making similar points I am, but not even close to as in depth as I have gone. Even Georgia players think they have the upper hand in getting him, along with the #1 and #3 RB's looking like locks to commit right now. I hope #3, James Cook commits to Georgia this weekend to further push the point home.

THIS IS THE PERFECT PLAYER TO PUT THE FULL COURT PRESS ON BY ALL OF KENTUCKY'S STAFF.

Fight for the #14th Overall 4* RB instead of settling for the player with massive IU ties who decided to renig on his commitment to them. The talent difference is massive between the 14th and 35th RB's in a class. One can turn into the #1 overall RB in the SEC with time at #14 Overall. The other may provide some depth before contributing more as a Jr/SR. Pierce is playing top notch teams in Georgia in the nation where their top 6-7 teams could beat any HS team from Indiana this season and most every other season too.

For once, I hope someone is out there to read this post! I have NEVER even thought of contacting the staff about a recruit, but Damion Pierce is making me strongly consider doing just that.

Before locking down Kristian Pechac, I think that it is the perfect time for a school such as UK to swoop in and put the full court press on the RB that everybody moved on from after he made a poor choice to commit to Alabama. At least, make the phone call to see if there is any interest whatsoever at Pierce coming to UK and having all the opportunities he wants after backing up Snell for 0.5 a year behind an extremely talented OL that continues to drastically improve each season before being part of the Pierce/Benny 1-2 punch, and than the undisputed starter and best RB we have landed from GA since Boom Williams, who showed what a top GA RB could accomplish at UK.

I just hope he would not do something drastic like leave early despite everyone telling you that it is a bad decision like what happened involving Boom with a year left that was REALLY needed to have any chance at latching on in the NFL. HA HA HA!

Does anyone have the email address to the Director of Recruiting for Kentucky this season?

I'd love to drop them a line and take some credit if this were to amount to something that could be another step towards the improvement that we all crave to happen at Kentucky.

I doubt Pechac has a ton of offers better than Kentucky that'd put him in great position anywhere close to UK's, playing time-wise and OL talent-wise, that this current roster would. Don't tell him no or anything. Just have CMS call up Dameon Pierce and see if there's ANY chance at all of him wanting to show the teams that have spurned him after he decided to go to Alabama, despite not being a top 3 RB (ALWAYS a bad move), which seems like career suicide, exactly what they missed out on. In FL and GA's case, he would get that chance every year! He will also see Bama and Auburn in the next 4 years as the cycle between teams continue, I do believe. Revenge can be a STRONG motivator....

Nothing would be better to see Pierce as a SR sharing the backfield with Jarren Williams as we finally break through, with he SEC East, and defeat Alabama for a trip to the playoffs for the first time in history. Almost sounds like a movie script. Ha ha!

This is the type of player that UK usually identifies and pulls out of nowhere. Maybe someone on UK's staff is laughing right now reading my post after CMS had already reached out to Pierce last week. I'd love that!

Last edited:
Reactions: LeWiz
I love your passion, Eclipse. And you laid out your case logically and persuasively.

However, I doubt that any of the football staff is reading our site. Maybe I am wrong -- after all, it's free.

He only lives an hour from Tallahassee in southern GA. I'm surprised FSU hasnt come at him with a full court press right in their back yard.

I posted this elsehwere, but wanted tgo give it its own thread with the hope that someone important may happen to see it and agree with my overall point I am trying to make...

After realizing that he would probably never see the field at Alabama, I have been hoping that UK puts the full court press on Dameon Pierce to follow up the great RB we have shown lately in Locke, later landing Boom, followed by the steal of the class in Benny Snell Jr..

Alabama now looks likely to land either Asa Martin (5* from Alabama) or Zamir White from NC (#5 Overall RB) within the next few weeks. They have also stated that they are only looking to take one RB in this class.

With him dropping Alabama, it looked like Georgia was his second favorite. Georgia has already had the #1 overall RB commit and is a big favorite to land the #3 RB, James Cook, as well..

The other competition appears to be Florida and Auburn. While FL has yet to find a RB, they signed 2 top 25ish RB last season that they were able to redshirt that puts them on an even grade as Pierce while enjoying a year's advantage in practice. FL will have a JR, 2 SO, and 2 RS-FR on their roster next year. Auburn already has Shaun Shivers committed and he has appeared to shut down his recruitment. Auburn will have 1 SR, 3 JR's, 3 SO's and Shivers next season for Pierce to contend with. A few of those players were ranked just a bit higher and have had 2-3 years experience in the offense already. So, he will probably have to take a RS, but his butt for 4 years, and pray that he gets the nod in his 5th year season to be one of these 4 teams #1 player at RB.

Despite this information, the Crystal Ball, which is always right, still has Pearce as 100% to Georgia as his instate "dream" school. The likely destination of the #1 and #3 RB's NATIONALLY in this class. How is the world would he make his mark there after walking into the worst scenario imagineable?

I wish each of us season ticket holders could get an opportunity once a year to right a short email to the head of Recruiting on staff to point out such things and a player that has seen Georgia and Auburn go other ways and that FL and Auburn have stables of RBs that exceeds the amount of WR most teams have, just about. That will all be impossible to pass up over the next 3 years. Maybe even 5.

Looks like one of the best scenarios possible for UK to step in for a highly ranked RB looking to make his mark early and play early and often. After backing Benny in the first healf of his FR season, he'd be quite the 1-2 punch after he gets the playbook down, like we saw with Benny and Boom, after Benny departs after his JR season (Seems very likely), he will have 2 years to start at UK and take advantage of a constantly improving OL that is one of the top 5 in all of the SEC this season between depth and talent, if you ask me, to put up massive numbers and increase his next level chances more so than risking everything by sitting for 4 years only to hope that he will be able to be the starter in his 5th season at Alabama, FL, Georgia, or Auburn.

Instead of settling in on a bad situation just to have a year to shine if lucky, which seems crazy when we are talking about the 14th best RB in the nation according to Rivals, 14th Overall on 247 and #305th Overall, 9th overall in 247's cumulative ratings and #183rd Overall, #9 RB on Scout and #158st nationally, and at ESPN he is the #7 overall RB and the #101st player nationally.

I see Michigan St and FSU rumblings over him on Forums making similar points I am, but not even close to as in depth as I have gone. Even Georgia players think they have the upper hand in getting him, along with the #1 and #3 RB's looking like locks to commit right now. I hope #3, James Cook commits to Georgia this weekend to further push the point home.

THIS IS THE PERFECT PLAYER TO PUT THE FULL COURT PRESS ON BY ALL OF KENTUCKY'S STAFF.

Fight for the #14th Overall 4* RB instead of settling for the player with massive IU ties who decided to renig on his commitment to them. The talent difference is massive between the 14th and 35th RB's in a class. One can turn into the #1 overall RB in the SEC with time. The other may provide depth before contributing more as a Jr/SR. Pierce is playing top notch teams in Georgia in the nation where their top 6-7 teams could beat any HS team from Indiana this season and most every other season too.

For once, I hope someone is out there to read this post! I have NEVER even thought of contacting the staff about a recruit, but Damion Pierce is making me strongly consider doing just that.

Before locking down Kristian Pechac, I think that it is the perfect time for a school such as UK to swoop in and put the full court press on the RB that everybody moved on from after he made a poor choice to commit to Alabama. At least, make the phone call to see if there is any interest whatsoever at Pierce coming to UK and having all the opportunities he wants after backing up Snell for 0.5 a year behind an extremely talented OL that continues to drastically improve each season before being part of the Pierce/Benny 1-2 punch, and than the undisputed starter and best RB we have landed from GA since Boom Williams, who showed what a top GA RB could accomplish at UK.

I just hope he would not do something drastic like leave early despite everyone telling you that it is a bad decision like what happened involving Boom with a year left that was REALLY needed to have any chance at latching on in the NFL.

Does anyone have the email address to the Director of Recruiting for Kentucky this season?

I'd love to drop them a line and take all of the credit in this were to amount to something that could be another step towards the improvement that we all crave to happen at Kentucky.

I doubt Pechac has a ton of offers better than Kentucky that'd put him in great position anywhere close to UK's playing time-wise and OL talent-wise that this current roster would. Don't tell him no or anything. Just have CMS call up Dameon Pierce and see if there's ANY chance at all of him wanting to show the teams that have spurned him after he decided to go to Alabama, despite not being a top 3 RB (ALWAYS a bad move), which seems like career suicide, exactly what they missed out on. In FL and GA's case, he would get that chance every year! He will also see Bama and Auburn in the next 4 years as the cycle between teams continue, I do believe. Revenge can be a STRONG motivator....

Nothing would be better to see Pierce as a SR sharing the backfield with Jarren Williams as we finally break through, with he SEC East, and defeat Alabama for a trip to the playoffs for the first time in history. Almost sounds like a movie script. Ha ha!

This is the type of player that UK usually identifies and pulls out of nowhere. Maybe someone on UK's staff is laughing right now reading my post after CMS had already reached out to Pierce last week. I'd love that!

He was never coming to UGA, likely landing place is AU. But a good back, don't know how he stacks up with you other younger backs. He isn't a game changing type back, but a dependable solid RB.

I posted this elsehwere, but wanted tgo give it its own thread with the hope that someone important may happen to see it and agree with my overall point I am trying to make...

After realizing that he would probably never see the field at Alabama, I have been hoping that UK puts the full court press on Dameon Pierce to follow up the great RB we have shown lately in Locke, later landing Boom, followed by the steal of the class in Benny Snell Jr..

The other competition appears to be Florida and Auburn. While FL has yet to find a RB, they signed 2 top 25ish RB last season that they were able to redshirt that puts them on an even grade as Pierce while enjoying a year's advantage in practice. FL will have a JR, 2 SO, and 2 RS-FR on their roster next year. Auburn already has Shaun Shivers committed and he has appeared to shut down his recruitment. Auburn will have 1 SR, 3 JR's, 3 SO's and Shivers next season for Pierce to contend with. A few of those players were ranked just a bit higher and have had 2-3 years experience in the offense already. So, he will probably have to take a RS, but his butt for 4 years, and pray that he gets the nod in his 5th year season to be one of these 4 teams #1 player at RB.

Despite this information, the Crystal Ball, which is always right, still has Pearce as 100% to Georgia as his instate "dream" school. The likely destination of the #1 and #3 RB's NATIONALLY in this class. How is the world would he make his mark there after walking into the worst scenario imagineable?

I wish each of us season ticket holders could get an opportunity once a year to right a short email to the head of Recruiting on staff to point out such things and a player that has seen Georgia and Auburn go other ways and that FL and Auburn have stables of RBs that exceeds the amount of WR most teams have, just about. That will all be impossible to pass up over the next 3 years. Maybe even 5.

Instead of settling in on a bad situation just to have a year to shine if lucky, which seems crazy when we are talking about the 14th best RB in the nation according to Rivals, 14th Overall on 247 and #305th Overall, 9th overall in 247's cumulative ratings and #183rd Overall, #9 RB on Scout and #158st nationally, and at ESPN he is the #7 overall RB and the #101st player nationally.

Fight for the #14th Overall 4* RB instead of settling for the player with massive IU ties who decided to renig on his commitment to them. The talent difference is massive between the 14th and 35th RB's in a class. One can turn into the #1 overall RB in the SEC with time. The other may provide depth before contributing more as a Jr/SR. Pierce is playing top notch teams in Georgia in the nation where their top 6-7 teams could beat any HS team from Indiana this season and most every other season too.

I just hope he would not do something drastic like leave early despite everyone telling you that it is a bad decision like what happened involving Boom with a year left that was REALLY needed to have any chance at latching on in the NFL.

I'd love to drop them a line and take all of the credit in this were to amount to something that could be another step towards the improvement that we all crave to happen at Kentucky.

I doubt Pechac has a ton of offers better than Kentucky that'd put him in great position anywhere close to UK's playing time-wise and OL talent-wise that this current roster would. Don't tell him no or anything. Just have CMS call up Dameon Pierce and see if there's ANY chance at all of him wanting to show the teams that have spurned him after he decided to go to Alabama, despite not being a top 3 RB (ALWAYS a bad move), which seems like career suicide, exactly what they missed out on. In FL and GA's case, he would get that chance every year! He will also see Bama and Auburn in the next 4 years as the cycle between teams continue, I do believe. Revenge can be a STRONG motivator....

He said recently that LSU, Florida and Auburn are the three schools who he talks with almost every day.

He only lives an hour from Tallahassee in southern GA. I'm surprised FSU hasnt come at him with a full court press right in their back yard.
FSU probably signed the best RB in the nation last year from Miss. Know the kid from Calif. that signed with Bama was higher rated but many experts think FSU got the best one.

However, I doubt that any of the football staff is reading our site. Maybe I am wrong.

They actually do sometimes check out this site to have a good laugh at the "insiders" and arm chair experts like the OP. If we have ANY chance with this kid....trust me we have already called him.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Someone in UK's football offices reads these sites everyday. They pay someone to follow all social media.

A few years ago, I posted on here about my nephew being a manager on the team. I posted I told him to get me some free gear. It was a joke. He goes to his first meeting and his boss comes in and says "I don't know who has an Uncle Ollie on on the message boards, but he's not getting any free gear." My nephew said he just put his head down and hoped he didn't get called out! LMAO!

Ollie and Rudd are correct the staff does have people to monitor the sites and anything of note get's brought to the attention of the appropriate staff member or administrator. While we are on that topic, players, recruits, their coaches, teachers, families and friends frequent the boards. Also members of the media including national media at times (usually the week before games) which is why we all need to be judicious about what we say.

Ollie and Rudd are correct the staff does have people to monitor the sites and anything of note get's brought to the attention of the appropriate staff member or administrator. While we are on that topic, players, recruits, their coaches, teachers, families and friends frequent the boards. Also members of the media including national media at times (usually the week before games) which is why we all need to be judicious about what we say.

Last year I told a poster to EABOD. Can you assure me that made it into the right hands? Seems like the kinda thing Lamar Thomas coulda got a good laugh out of.

Directly contact the staff. Just call UK and work your way to the Football offices.

I've dropped by a few times, myself. Pretty casual atmosphere, and you can drop your note off for the staff. They will get it.

Re-reading this thread, I'm glad they monitor the site.

Now, if I only knew how to draw lines in a post, I would give them a diagram of my double flea-flickin', hook-and-lateral, Statue of Liberty play! It requires 14 offensive players to run, but it might work, late in a game when they aren't counting.

Fairly impressed nobody has called out the OP for the obvious yet. Hell must be freezing over.

I must have read wrong, from what you guys have said, GA has the #3 RB looking like a lock according to 247. FSU has the #1 RB.

Any way you slice it, with Pierce committing to Alabama, it appears all of of FSU, UF, GA, AU, and Bama would be worst case locations for the #14 FR RB with their current commits and returning talent and depth at RB.

It was just a thought I had while attempting to find a top notch RB at a time when signing a top notch RB could be critical and exactly what the Kentucky program needs to continue moving forward.

Maybe Rose, King, and the currently injured Koback are enough to fill in for Benny as a backup for 2 years before showing how much I have underestimated those 3 when Benny moves on.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

Anyway, I apologize for offending so many posters by being observant and pointing out a player of need that would be in a much better situation at UK then playing backup for years after a RS season and playing with 6-8 other top 4* and 5* recruits each year he is in college.

In comparison to UK where you'll find a star SO, an injured player that may fully recover, and 2 other 3* RBs that have yet to prove much at all on the field this season.

Is a perfect place for a top RB to look at instead of battling a group of stars at the position for carries every year.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

At a total of 4, UK has the lowest amount of RB in the country. One of which broke his Tibia and Fibia about 9 months ago. Yet, I receive so much vitriol for suggesting a TOP RB nationally be looked at due to his original favorites being stocked with 4* & 5* RB unlike we have ever seen?

Thanks for the contact info! I'll drop a short note to the addresses listed in the hopes of bringing what would be the 2nd highest rated RB UK has signed since Rivals started ranking recruits. The 1st best RB if you see that Boom was listed as a APB and not a RB.

I see no need to post about this again. Thanks to those few that were an actual help!

Yet, I receive so much vitriol for suggesting a TOP RB nationally be looked at due to his original favorites being stocked with 4* & 5* RB unlike we have ever seen?

EclipsingYou, I re-read the whole thread, and the only thing I saw approaching "vitriol" was the following from EastLansingCat:

They actually do sometimes check out this site to have a good laugh at the "insiders" and arm chair experts like the OP.

We gotta' make exception for EastLansingCat, given his/her obvious latitudinal dislocation!

At a total of 4, UK has the lowest amount of RB in the country. One of which broke his Tibia and Fibia about 9 months ago. Yet, I receive so much vitriol for suggesting a TOP RB nationally be looked at due to his original favorites being stocked with 4* & 5* RB unlike we have ever seen?

Thanks for the contact info! I'll drop a short note to the addresses listed in the hopes of bringing what would be the 2nd highest rated RB UK has signed since Rivals started ranking recruits. The 1st best RB if you see that Boom was listed as a APB and not a RB.

I see no need to post about this again. Thanks to those few that were an actual help!

Make sure to let them now about Patrick Surtain Jr. too while you've got em on the horn.

During Richt's time at UGA it was said half their recruiting time was spent trying to smooth over the critiquing of prospects done by posters on UGA's site. The most fun was a Bama commit's dad was a member and he would come on and talk about how great his son was doing there and he left before his first spring practice.

Make sure to let them now about Patrick Surtain Jr. too while you've got em on the horn.
Surtain is likely LSU-bound. LSU could sign 3 5-star corners this year. They "recruit-over" in the secondary like no one else and kids want to head to BR because they're DBU.

Re-reading this thread, I'm glad they monitor the site.

Now, if I only knew how to draw lines in a post, I would give them a diagram of my double flea-flickin', hook-and-lateral, Statue of Liberty play! It requires 14 offensive players to run, but it might work, late in a game when they aren't counting.

I can see the staff dropping everything at this moment!!!

Reactions: EastLansingCat
During Richt's time at UGA it was said half their recruiting time was spent trying to smooth over the critiquing of prospects done by posters on UGA's site. The most fun was a Bama commit's dad was a member and he would come on and talk about how great his son was doing there and he left before his first spring practice.

We have already had our "Gumminator" a few years ago. Probably a very good player that got a college education from football, but I felt sorry for him the way his dad (or step dad?) promoted him. It caused a lot of posters to ridicule him on here and he had never said a word promoting himself that I know of.

Surtain is likely LSU-bound. LSU could sign 3 5-star corners this year. They "recruit-over" in the secondary like no one else and kids want to head to BR because they're DBU.

Which is kinda the point. If we're not recruiting him, it's not because the coaches never heard of him. A forum posts isn't gonna suddenly make the staff say, "oh, the 2nd best player in the country and son of a former NFL player? Never heard of him, thanks for the tip, we'll recruit him now."

If a kid plays a position of need, is talented and has a boatload of offers, either he doesn't fit your style, there's someone better on board, or he isn't interested. The "staff should be recruiting player X" posts are EA sports mentality, not real life.

If we're not recruiting a 4* it's either cause we don't want them or they don't want us.

Man OP. you sure got some thin skin to be offended when literally no one even said anything hateful.

Dear UK coaches, in case you are unaware of top players that decommit because you don't observe any social media, please be sure to stayed tuned to the lair for guidance. I know you guys have done a good job of recruiting but it sounds like you may need a little extra help. Feel free to drop me a PM if needed.

Reactions: Kentucky31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT