ADVERTISEMENT

Musselman: ticket requests for UK game through the roof

They did against Auburn because it was the first time we'd ever played (and beaten) a #1 team in Bud Walton Arena. It's only been one year since we've beaten Kentucky.
Again, to use your own argument, there's obviously no reason for Arkansas to storm the court after beating UK. I guess we'll see

They did against Auburn because it was the first time we'd ever played (and beaten) a #1 team in Bud Walton Arena. It's only been one year since we've beaten Kentucky.

Arkansas historically is the 2nd or 3rd best basketball program in the SEC, not exactly traditionally middle of the pack. Haven't been great in a while until Muss but even Anderson's teams usually finished between 3rd-5th in the conference and he was considered mediocre.

I get the 90’s. Which were totally overshadowed by UK’s 90’s run I might add, but traditionally the 3-8 teams in the SEC just shuffle. Arkansas is a shuffler. I call them all middle of the pack.

This is Arkansas super bowl just like every other UK team is when we play you.

I know why they stormed the field; because we have had years of almost-wases and frustrations, to the point that it's the biggest game on the schedule, and a lot of people considered the season a complete success with that win. IOW, you kinda made my point, if Arky storms the court after a win Saturday. I could see storming the court for beating a #1, being in Arkansas' position. Not so much for 1 #6, especially since we really don't matter that much.
Oh Kentucky definitely matters, it's for current position of second place in the SEC and a boost in NCAA Seeding for either one of us. It's a huge game, but who knows what the crazy students will do?

You stopped reading because you are wrong. I am sure that you weren't aware of this because of the usual "Kentucky is Everyone's Super Bowl" talking point, but the all time attendance record was reported being broken by Auburn just two weeks ago, and Bud Walton Arena is almost 30 years old and hasn't expanded.

I’m 100% right. We are your Super Bowl and it’s utter nonsense for you to pretend otherwise. Auburn was coming in the number 1 team in the country and we’re coming off of no attendance due to covid.

Arkansas has always wanted to be a UK style basketball program and beating us (which you rarely do) is the highlight of your year.

You can deny it but it just makes you look like a fan who can’t handle the truth.

I think it is awesome too. Those games between Nolan and Rick were some of the best ever, and in my opinion, any of those teams would crush any team in college basketball today.

This will be a different game. Arkansas usually plays tremendous, physical, half court defense, but lacks consistent outside shooting and occasionally goes into horrendous scoring droughts. Much more of a slashing, cutting, driving to the rim team for easy baskets and/or free throws.

Well UK has won about 50 different ways this year so I would be worried if I were you. ;-)

Oh Kentucky definitely matters, it's for current position of second place in the SEC and a boost in NCAA Seeding for either one of us. It's a huge game, but who knows what the crazy students will do?
If the Hogs win and Auburn loses at UT then it’s a 3 way tie for first, right? And Arkansas would get the top seed in the SEC tournament by virtue of head to head wins over both Auburn and UK. But I’m sure you knew that. ;-)

UK has clinched a double bye in the SECT and I don’t think it matters much to Cal who UK plays. But it might matter more to y’all because of matchups, and your NCAA seeding might improve with a couple of wins in Tampa.

If the Hogs win and Auburn loses at UT then it’s a 3 way tie for first, right? And Arkansas would get the top seed in the SEC tournament by virtue of head to head wins over both Auburn and UK. But I’m sure you knew that. ;-)

UK has clinched a double bye in the SECT and I don’t think it matters much to Cal who UK plays. But it might matter more to y’all because of matchups, and your NCAA seeding might improve with a couple of wins in Tampa.
That is not correct because Arkansas is currently two losses behind Auburn. If Arkansas beats Kentucky and Auburn loses, we both would be still one game behind Auburn, with Arkansas holding the tiebreaker over both for SEC Tournament seeding due to head to head.

Arkansas is still one win away from clinching a double bye.

I think all of that is correct.

Again, to use your own argument, there's obviously no reason for Arkansas to storm the court after beating UK. I guess we'll see
The students had planned to rush the court against Auburn if we won and let it be known before the game so we all knew it was coming. I haven't heard anything like that before this game but I guess if we win on a last second half court shot or something crazy it could happen.

I get the 90’s. Which were totally overshadowed by UK’s 90’s run I might add, but traditionally the 3-8 teams in the SEC just shuffle. Arkansas is a shuffler. I call them all middle of the pack.

This is Arkansas super bowl just like every other UK team is when we play you.
Semantics I suppose but Arkansas was really good before the 90's under Eddie Sutton it just didn't happen in the SEC. Total body of work is much better than middle of the pack but if you narrow it down to SEC-only I guess I agree with you.

The fan support and commitment to basketball is far better than most in the SEC so I'd say the potential is much higher than an Alabama or LSU for example.

I’m 100% right. We are your Super Bowl and it’s utter nonsense for you to pretend otherwise. Auburn was coming in the number 1 team in the country and we’re coming off of no attendance due to covid.

Arkansas has always wanted to be a UK style basketball program and beating us (which you rarely do) is the highlight of your year.

You can deny it but it just makes you look like a fan who can’t handle the truth.
Arkansas will not storm the court, nor are y’all our Super Bowl. We’ve beaten you enough recently to where it’s not that big of a deal. You seem pretty insufferable, you should try getting out of your own bubble and travel a few miles outside of town.

Of course it’s a big game… Y’all are a blue blood and the most arrogant fan base in America, so it’s fun to win.

Arkansas will not storm the court, nor are y’all our Super Bowl. We’ve beaten you enough recently to where it’s not that big of a deal. You seem pretty insufferable, you should try getting out of your own bubble and travel a few miles outside of town.

Of course it’s a big game… Y’all are a blue blood and the most arrogant fan base in America, so it’s fun to win.
Beat enough recently, I guess so. Won by one last year against the worst KY team in 50 yrs. Prior to that Arkansas lost 8 in a row. In the 2000s, Arkansas has 7 wins vs 20 defeats

You seem pretty arrogant, you should get the hell off this board and back to your own board with 5 people in it.

Thats gonna take up half the ceiling.
Bro…I’m dead. 🤣
Bud Walton don’t amount to crap compared to Barnhill arena. Now when we had to go there I thought man this is a dangerous place to be playing
I’m right there with you. Barnhill was on another level. Cameron Indoor style right on top of you and hot as hell. Like really really hot in there. It was hell to watch a game in there and I can assume hell to play there. Not sure how to explain it but it had a “pressure” to it. Claustrophobic in a way. Fun and a tremendous advantage but damn. BWA still has the “on top of you” feel, but lacks that consistent atmosphere Barnhill had and not quite as much of a “you’re in hell” kind of feeling. That said, obviously Kentucky will get the full treatment because well, you’re Kentucky. I’m sorry.

One big reason the crowd was so effective against Auburn is that they are not used to being someone's superbowl. That's every away game for UK every season. Ho hum... let's see, free tickets, white out, black out, honoring former players, hanging a banner, honoring a former coach, what will it be? Yawn...

Reactions: TheDude73
One big reason the crowd was so effective against Auburn is that they are not used to being someone's superbowl. That's every away game for UK every season. Ho hum... let's see, free tickets, white out, black out, honoring former players, hanging a banner, honoring a former coach, what will it be? Yawn...
I would agree with that if Arkansas wasn't something like 2nd in all time win pct vs Top 5 teams at home. Kentucky 1st I believe which is no surprise. I have no doubt that the ”Super Bowl“ mantra is true, but that first sentence just doesn’t hold weight in Arkansas’ case against Auburn, IMO. I guess you could apply that logic for every single Top 5 win we’ve had at home throughout history, but you get what I’m saying. Kentucky or non-Kentucky it is tough to beat Arkansas home. As for the ______ out. Yeah I’m with you. A freaking hate it as well, but here’s the bright side Arkansas does not discriminate against UK in this regard, we do this crap for pretty much any opponent in the top 25 it seems. Whiteout, black out, red out, stripe out. Believe me, I wish it was only once a year against you guys.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Boy with Arky on a 12 out of 13 win streak, isn't it odd that they are wandering over here 2 days before KENTUCKY (winningest program of all time) pops into town? Don't they have enough to chat about over there on their own forum? Or is it possible......wait for it......

That this is the biggest game of the year for their team and fans, and is every. single. year?

No one is going to believe that Arkansas fans and players didn't have this one marked on the calendar well before the season started. I mean, your team knows they are going up against a collection of future NBA talent, and of course want to show the scouts what they can do against these future stars. Scouts don't show up at Bud Walton when Arky plays Old Miss. They show up when KENTUCKY comes to town (aka, SUPERBOWL).

Boy with Arky on a 12 out of 13 win streak, isn't it odd that they are wandering over here 2 days before KENTUCKY (winningest program of all time) pops into town? Don't they have enough to chat about over there on their own forum? Or is it possible......wait for it......

That this is the biggest game of the year for their team and fans, and is every. single. year?

No one is going to believe that Arkansas fans and players didn't have this one marked on the calendar well before the season started. I mean, your team knows they are going up against a collection of future NBA talent, and of course want to show the scouts what they can do against these future stars. Scouts don't show up at Bud Walton when Arky plays Old Miss. They show up when KENTUCKY comes to town (aka, SUPERBOWL).
Pretty sure everyone on this thread is a regular on here except me and I didn’t try and convince anyone of it not being circled. In fact, I basically admitted it. Who are the others that “wandered” over here? Just seems like an oddly defensive post out of nowhere. As for me, I read this board pretty much daily. ThreeHogNight and dmacforheisman post regularly from what I’ve seen over the years. So I don’t think they wandered over here really. Great basketball discussion on this board which is why I read it quite a bit, but yeah it is only applicable for me to post here once or so a year. Seems reasonable.

Last edited:
I don't know if they will or won't, just like you probably don't know why Kentucky Fans stormed the field after beating Florida in football last season.

Auburn was ranked number one in the nation, and other than last season basketball and football have been mediocre to bad combined with Auburn and Bruce Pearl being much more hated in Arkansas than Kentucky.

I wouldn't bet on it happening or not happening, you just never know.
Not gonna get a chance to find out

Funny, but wrong, unless they gave them all away during the summer in order to sell it out for the season. Or better yet, maybe Walmart, Tyson, and JB Hunt bought all of the tickets to use a tax deduction.
I guess I forgot the Slim Chickens...

I don't know if they will or won't, just like you probably don't know why Kentucky Fans stormed the field after beating Florida in football last season.

Auburn was ranked number one in the nation, and other than last season basketball and football have been mediocre to bad combined with Auburn and Bruce Pearl being much more hated in Arkansas than Kentucky.

I wouldn't bet on it happening or not happening, you just never know.
FWIW. Razorbacks is the best name in college sports.

Reactions: ThreeHogNight
I am predicting they (Ark) will break that attendance record they just set versus Auburn. Also doubt we come out of Fayetteville with a W. One of if not the toughest road environments in the SEC. Plus, Arky is playing well. They've won 12 out of their last 13.
We really need to beat LSU, Ole Miss and Florida though.
I am hoping that you are only saying you doubt the Cats because you have said the same thing the previous two weeks and we won.

Last edited:
Nope, Arkansas basketball doesn't consider Kentucky our Super Bowl. Kentucky is a very talented, highly ranked team arriving on Saturday in a game that may determine Second Place in the SEC.

The Arkansas fans that I know do not hate Kentucky, but do despise Calipari, not because he is the coach of Kentucky, because of his time at Memphis with Tony Barbee.

Yes, this is definitely the Super Bowl Basketball Game for me. Having been married to my beautiful Kentucky Wife for 33 years, and us previously attending these games at Rupp and at Bud Walton Arena with her in blue and me in red, it is the game of the year for us, and the only time that we both hope the other team loses. Any other opponent, she calls the Hogs and I call the Cats.

Not this game.
Admit it or not, this is Arkansas' Super Bowl and even without our best ball handlers, you are extremely nervous about this game.

I am hoping that you are only saying you doubt the Cats because you have said the same thing the previous two weeks and we won.
I did NOT say the same thing the last two weeks. You've got me confused with someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT