ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

Antonio Reeves in year one was nothing like AR in year 2.

It is a struggle for players moving up a level in competition even with the best of talent.

Lanier has one year.
He got better for sure but I would still take year one Reeves right now.

Reactions: thedahc
To talk about misses in Pope’s first year is insane. There’s one guy here with 3 accounts going thread to thread posting jabs the entire time. Pope has been here a few months it’s a miracle we’ve done what we’ve done. It’s a testament to his work ability and the power of the program for sure.

I won’t judge much based off of any of this. A few are acting like Pope has had 2 years recruiting these guys it’s absurd. It we haven’t “missed” anyone we’ve just thrown a bunch of sht to the wall for 3 weeks and hoped it stuck lol.

lol talking misses after recruiting top players for 2 weeks and using it to throw fits. I’m far from a pumper I’m usually on the opposite side but that’s just ridiculous.
I don't understand what some are moaning and bitching about. Their hero Calipari left the cupboards bare. His players with a number by their name left except for Perry who was going to play here regardless.
Our roster is fine as it stands currently. Pope and the staff aren't done yet either.
I guess some are still brainwashed by Calipari and his recruiting style of just getting a player with a high number by their name and throwing the ball out on the court and telling them to gooooo...runnnnn.
Yes, it's up to Pope and the staff to get these guys all on the same page but hell, give the man a chance first.
I think we are going to be a pretty damn good team that will be competitive and make some noise.
This is our team, Pope is our coach.

I don't understand what some are moaning and bitching about. Their hero Calipari left the cupboards bare. His players with a number by their name left except for Perry who was going to play here regardless.
Our roster is fine as it stands currently. Pope and the staff aren't done yet either.
I guess some are still brainwashed by Calipari and his recruiting style of just getting a player with a high number by their name and throwing the ball out on the court and telling them to gooooo...runnnnn.
Yes, it's up to Pope and the staff to get these guys all on the same page but hell, give the man a chance first.
I think we are going to be a pretty damn good team that will be competitive and make some noise.
Just because you disagree with some of Pope's decisions doesn't mean you love Cal.

Just because you disagree with some of Pope's decisions doesn't mean you love Cal.
Track, you have been posting here for awhile and I have agreed many times with what you have said but this doom and gloom forecast you have been preaching is something I just don't see.
It's your opinion and you have that right but I just wish you would give Pope a chance and see how he manages the players we have.
We have a good roster, we have experience, shooters and defense. Let's see how they do.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
It's not even Pope's decisions. None of this is really on Pope. Pope can't write these guys checks. He's limited by the support of those who can. That's what people mistake. They think that if you complain you are a CNH or you hate Pope. Pope hasn't even had a chance yet but the sad truth is he isn't going to have a chance if we don't get boosters to open up their wallets the way boosters at other programs we keep losing players we need to have.

Is he not going after top talent really or just not able to get it so far? We will see.
Started way behind, isn't a widely known commodity, and trying to find his balance too.

He doesn't come across as a stars and scrubs roster construction advocate for sure and I'm not mad about it.

He is closer to doing it right than wrong to me so far but philosophically I'm preferential to deep rotations though I sympathize and share the concern that the consistent ability to score out of structure may be missing from our mix or at least is mostly speculative.

The buffet is looking pretty appealing I see a roast, solid sides, bread, a couple soups and salad, desert but some good fried chicken properly seasoned will balance it out and provide the variety a buffet implies

Sure it may take more time to build the supply pipelines and to develop the best recipes to add good seafood, stand out pasta, the taco bar, and a full carving station but nobody is crazy for asking for the chicken to be added even if we can eat okay on what has been put out

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

Some are pillow fighting with rival fans or passive UK fans with absolutely nothing on their calender each day but finding someone to tangle with on the internet. Basically insane people and or jerks dancing together on the internet. Avoid.

It's not even Pope's decisions. None of this is really on Pope. Pope can't write these guys checks. He's limited by the support of those who can. That's what people mistake. They think that if you complain you are a CNH or you hate Pope. Pope hasn't even had a chance yet but the sad truth is he isn't going to have a chance if we don't get boosters to open up their wallets the way boosters at other programs we keep losing players we need to have.

You’re on the wrong path. UK has plenty of support. We’ve got a few boosters that other programs would kill to have. Most programs don’t have a billionaire booster that loves the basketball team.

What’s happening is UK is playing this smart and using the money wisely because all of this is going to calm down eventually and you don’t want to set a bad precedent and get fleeced down the road. You simply don’t understand how this works at all.

I personally know a guy who gave - quite a lot this year. This is a new era and some of the teams are just throwing shit to the wall to see if they can get some hardware fast. We’re in a good position because our boosters are more basketball centered. If you think Alabama Tennessee and Florida have tons of boosters that are going to be giving the basketball team unlimited checks you’re in for a rude awakening.

Some are pillow fighting with rival fans or passive UK fans with absolutely nothing on their calender each day but finding someone to tangle with on the internet. Basically insane people and or jerks dancing together on the internet. Avoid.
I'll just have to agree to disagree with them then on how they view our roster.
I like what we have and we have 2 spots left and Pope will fill those spots with players that will help.
I think he and the staff have done a hell of a job putting this roster together so far.

Yeah I get it, UT is not my favorite, but not my least favorite team in the SEC, Florida, Vandy are my least favorite.

I get a kid in Tennessee going to UT, Middle Tennessee, Memphis, Vandy or UT Chatt. Heck we have football fans wondering why guys come to UK for the same reason as we are stating here for basketball. I guess I am too Old to carry that much of a grudge against a school, including UofL, Duke, UNC and so forth. Heck my wife has a UT hat. Wears it regularly. I have LSU gear and have since 1981 (was one of my first recruiting contacts in high school). Did not go there and usually do not pull for them but hey have a spot in my heart.

I implore you to spend 10 minutes alone with a Tennessee fan and see if they don’t become your number one most hated.

I don't think Pope's team as is will struggle to achieve a 9-16 record.

Reactions: Catfan2226
I implore you to spend 10 minutes alone with a Tennessee fan and see if they don’t become your number one most hated.
I lived in a dorm room with an 2 avid UT fan. Have several friends that are UT fans. I get what you say. I do not let other fans rain on my parade. Fans are going to fan the only way they know how. I guess getting ready to be out of my 50's has done that to me. To me Vandy fans are far worse and Florida fans are right there with Vandy.

You’re on the wrong path. UK has plenty of support. We’ve got a few boosters that other programs would kill to have. Most programs don’t have a billionaire booster that loves the basketball team.

What’s happening is UK is playing this smart and using the money wisely because all of this is going to calm down eventually and you don’t want to set a bad precedent and get fleeced down the road. You simply don’t understand how this works at all.

I personally know a guy who gave - quite a lot this year. This is a new era and some of the teams are just throwing shit to the wall to see if they can get some hardware fast. We’re in a good position because our boosters are more basketball centered. If you think Alabama Tennessee and Florida have tons of boosters that are going to be giving the basketball team unlimited checks you’re in for a rude awakening.
I'm not guessing. You just can't admit that what I'm saying is true because we can replace Pope. We can't manufacture boosters willing to support the program with big checks. Argue with someone who can't see through the lies you tell yourself. Again, I ain't guessing. All the evidence you need is publicly available. Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

The whiners are upset because at the moment they can't go to rival sites to brag about having the top recruiting class even though our #1 and #2 classes were only good for preseason bragging rights. Lol

I'll just have to agree to disagree with them then on how they view our roster.
I like what we have and we have 2 spots left and Pope will fill those spots with players that will help.
I think he and the staff have done a hell of a job putting this roster together so far.
He's doing fabulous. It's a teeny tiny fraction that can't control themselves. The OP is definitely one as he only posts bad news. Ignore it. Most of them are addicted to "likes" on a message board (street cred! lol) and post what will get them the most. Not worth your time.

Just the staff alone that coach Pope put together has any reasonable fan kicked back and ready for the future.

Last edited:
I'm not guessing. You just can't admit that what I'm saying is true because we can replace Pope. We can't manufacture boosters willing to support the program with big checks. Argue with someone who can't see through the lies you tell yourself. Again, I ain't guessing. All the evidence you need is publicly available. Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
Yeah, I am certain that boasters would have loved to continue giving Cal cash to sign high price players who produced nothing. Instead of hanging around this site whining all the time, go join Cal.

He's doing fabulous. It's a teeny tiny fraction that can't control themselves. The OP is definitely one as he only posts bad news. Ignore it. Most of them are addicted to "likes" on a message board (street cred! lol) and post what will get them the most. Not worth your time.

Just the staff alone that he’s put together has any reasonable fan kicked back and ready for the future.
You're averaging about 20 posts per day since you joined here.

I'd be willing to bet that you're addicted to the "likes" at that rate.

This one wasn't about being outbid or out recruited....it's pretty simple, Tennessee has a very limited roster and can offer their whole war chest and unlimited shots bc Chaz is going the be their whole team like Knecht last year. That kind of individual focus is not going to happen in Pope's offense, we are too deep and emphasize moving the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: readmorevols
If Pope closes out with Robinson and Poplar, I think we'd be fine. Get one of them, and we're still a fringe top 25 team.

If Louisville assembled this roster and added just one of Robinson or Poplar, would any of you truly fear them?

I know I wouldn't. At present, this is a 20 to 23 win team. Add Robinson or Poplar, and we're a 24 to 26 win team. Add Both and we're a +26 win team.

If Pope closes out with Robinson and Poplar, I think we'd be fine. Get one of them, and we're still a fringe top 25 team.

If Louisville assembled this roster and added just one of Robinson or Poplar, would any of you truly fear them?

I know I wouldn't. At present, this is a 20 to 23 win team. Add Robinson or Poplar, and we're a 24 to 26 win team. Add Both and we're a +26 win team.
Coaching does matter. Cal proved that having talented players combined with piss poor coaching equals early exits out of conference and NCAA tournaments. Few if any on this board have a clue about the impact that Pope and his staff will have on his team. We have endured poor coaching for so long we have lost the appreciation for good coaching and the impact it can have on a team.

Last edited:
The whiners are upset because at the moment they can't go to rival sites to brag about having the top recruiting class even though our #1 and #2 classes were only good for preseason bragging rights. Lol
You're so right. Having great players really sucks ass. The solution was never not sign good players. The solution was what Cal is doing now at Arkansas which I don't really think he could do here anymore. Sign a healthy mix of veterans and recruits with NBA futures. Is it going to work right away? Nope. Cal will lose games early on. The problem is teams really have to play a lot together to be any good. That's why bringing in new players every year wasn't working for Cal. Experience playing together is paramount. It really doesn't matter how good the guy next to you is if you don't know how he's going to react in every situation you encounter.

"Go join Cal." Why don't you, bitch? I grew up rooting for this team. You don't get to tell me to do sh*t.

Cal was getting players, not because of NIL (players were taking a discount to play here, people in the know will tell you that) he was getting players because the NBA is littered with players he put there. I can't root for Cal anymore. Cal is dead to me. But I'm also not stupid. I know why Cal left and it wasn't fans like me who ran him off. It was fans like you.
I get to tell you whatever I choose to tell you. You get to choose whether to do it or not. If you were truly a UK fan you would stop all of the whining until you had something other than your opinion about gloom and doom to whine about. How you like them apples!!!!! Lol

I get to tell you whatever I choose to tell you. You get to choose whether to do it or not. If you were truly a UK fan you would stop all of the whining until you had something other than your opinion about gloom and doom to whine about.
yeah, and I get to put you on ignore if you disrespect my wishes. So to the dung heap with your dumb ass.

You're so right. Having great players really sucks ass. The solution was never not sign good players. The solution was what Cal is doing now at Arkansas which I don't really think he could do here anymore. Sign a healthy mix of veterans and recruits with NBA futures. Is it going to work right away? Nope. Cal will lose games early on. The problem is teams really have to play a lot together to be any good. That's why bringing in new players every year wasn't working for Cal. Experience playing together is paramount. It really doesn't matter how good the guy next to you is if you don't know how he's going to react in every situation you encounter.
The problem is that your coaching god can't coach no matter who he is coaching. One of the reasons Cal targeted so many young players is because he knows older players won't accept his tired act which is the reason he was a miserable failure in the NBA. Bully coaching works much better on young kids than men.

yeah, and I get to put you on ignore if you disrespect my wishes. So to the dung heap with your dumb ass.
You realize 99 percent of this board thinks you're a complete dumbass? And none of us believe you are a UK fan. Your little comment about 'running Cal off' gives you away. So either you like wallowing in misery or you like causing misery, or both. Or maybe you have no friends and your life is as a keyboard warrior. Not sure and I really don't care.

Excellent post. Thank you. There are some people who are going to complain no matter what. I think Coach Pope has done amazing things already, considering he started down 13 players and a staff. His work ethic is unbelievably AMAZING! I get tired just reading what all he has done so far. Give the man a chance. And to the people at both ends of the spectrum, the ones who expect a Final Four/Championship OR those who think he bombs this first year, all I can say is get REALISTIC!!! Be happy and thankful that we have a coach who puts KENTUCKY 1st, who seems to have plays to run and who really wants to WIN!! My opinion.

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

You realize 99 percent of this board thinks you're a complete dumbass? And none of us believe you are a UK fan. Your little comment about 'running Cal off' gives you away. So either you like wallowing in misery or you like causing misery, or both. Or maybe you have no friends and your life is as a keyboard warrior. Not sure and I really don't care.
Brother 99% of the people reading this board are much brighter than the average poster. I'm not posting this for my personal amusement. Anyone with a modicum of intellect could see this. And nothing I have said has ever been proven untrue by the first poster on here. All I see are Straw Mans and personal insults and people who insist I can't be a UK fan because they can't possibly imagine themselves ever feeling the way I am expressing myself here. So go ahead. Call me a rival fan. Tell me to go root for Arkansas. All you're doing is confessing that you're not capable of accepting my message actually, but history is going to bear out exactly what I am telling you here. I get to decide how I fan. No one on this board has any ability to do that for me.

Reactions: Doodah859
Brother 99% of the people reading this board are much brighter than the average poster. I'm not posting this for my personal amusement. Anyone with a modicum of intellect could see this. And nothing I have said has ever been proven untrue by the first poster on here. All I see are Straw Mans and personal insults and people who insist I can't be a UK fan because they can't possibly imagine themselves ever feeling the way I am expressing myself here. So go ahead. Call me a rival fan. Tell me to go root for Arkansas. All you're doing is confessing that you're not capable of accepting my message actually, but history is going to bear out exactly what I am telling you here. I get to decide how I fan. No one on this board has any ability to do that for me.
You are about as delusional as it gets. You are the king of insults and yet you attempt to paint yourself as a victim. You are a whiny little malcontent who can't handle not having his way. Take your blanket with you to your room so you can take a nap. If you are good, Cal might read you a bedtime story about what a great coach he is.

I lived in a dorm room with an 2 avid UT fan. Have several friends that are UT fans. I get what you say. I do not let other fans rain on my parade. Fans are going to fan the only way they know how. I guess getting ready to be out of my 50's has done that to me. To me Vandy fans are far worse and Florida fans are right there with Vandy.
Sorry, Tennessee fans are the worst ever. I didn't think anybody was close until I moved to Lexington and roomed with a Louisville fan. Arkansas fans are pretty bad too, and this was before Cal went there

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT