ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe Pope close to his first 2025 commit

247 has him as a 6’5, 215 lbs. Power Forward. Is that right?

Has he grown?

Does he have the skills to play Small Forward?

Or can he be effective in the SEC as small ball 4?

How is his shooting?

I hope he has guard skills, or is able to operate in an offense that moves A LOT.

Does it seem that Pope is like 100% more into recruiting than what we have been used to? He has contacted so many 25 recruits there is no way to get a beat on who he wants the most. And most of these guys are 4 and 5 stars. On top of that, the reception from the recruits are super positive. They are highly interested because it is UK. Can't think of one guy that has talked about getting to the pro's. They just are impressed it is UK and Pope apparently is doing a great job communicating with them in the right way.

You're insufferable. Every post is just pathetic.
And your rudeness is worse. He's just having fun. It's didn't hurt you one bit. It's OK to disagree but calling him names. Making fun. Your a bully. Why don't you lay off. I have made post people don't like. I've been called names. Called a troll. There are people that pick everything others say to pieces. Even spelling. Whats the problem. Does it make you feel good to put people down and make fun of them. This boost should be to have fun. Enjoy each other. Not to accuse. I may not be the most knowledgeable fan but I've never been anything but loyal. I've not missed a broadcast game since 1966. Who among us is to judge anything. If someone is a troll so what. You feed into what they want. I guess they are here to get all the inaccurate info. Lay off.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
247 has him as a 6’5, 215 lbs. Power Forward. Is that right?

Has he grown?

Does he have the skills to play Small Forward?

Or can he be effective in the SEC as small ball 4?

How is his shooting?
Just because 247 says he's a power forward doesn't make him a PF. Coming out of high school we're told that Allen Edwards & Adou Thiero were point guards. Neither had point guard skills at all. Edwards was a 2 guard & Thiero is a combo forward. Recruiting services don't always get it right.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Just because 247 says he's a power forward doesn't make him a PF. Coming out of high school we're told that Allen Edwards & Adou Thiero were point guards. Neither had point guard skills at all. Edwards was a 2 guard & Thiero is a combo forward. Recruiting services don't always get it right.
Might be why I asked those questions.

And your rudeness is worse. He's just having fun. It's didn't hurt you one bit. It's OK to disagree but calling him names. Making fun. Your a bully. Why don't you lay off. I have made post people don't like. I've been called names. Called a troll. There are people that pick everything others say to pieces. Even spelling. Whats the problem. Does it make you feel good to put people down and make fun of them. This boost should be to have fun. Enjoy each other. Not to accuse. I may not be the most knowledgeable fan but I've never been anything but loyal. I've not missed a broadcast game since 1966. Who among us is to judge anything. If someone is a troll so what. You feed into what they want. I guess they are here to get all the inaccurate info. Lay off.
"He's just having fun", sorry fella, you just lost all credibility. To be fair, you and he should clearly state what team you honestly root for, which will then beg the question as to why you are spending your time on this board?

Not sure I totally agree with Moses1UK, but that video did nothing to highlight any special skills. He may be an awesome SF, but you couldn’t tell from that video.
I agree but search his post history. He isn’t a UK fan my any stretch of the imagination. And adds nothing to this forum.

WTF. Is this AI? I swear this is AI. Even using some strange light gray text.

F you.. How about dat..

Yessoufou maybe the most intense player in the class on both sides of the floor. Kind of guy I would want on my team. Plays all out 100% of the time. Takes the ball to the rim hard and draws a lot of fouls. Needs work on handle and shooting. You just can't teach effort like that. And he seems like the kind of player that would listen, work and grow as a player all the while giving your team the kind of effort your team would feed off of.

Obviously Pope wants Moreno and Johnson. Johnson says he is the best 1 in his class. So if Johnson comes him and Perry would be our two 1's? So if we count the players that we probably will have that would include Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, Noah, Riley, Moreno and Johnson. That would leave 5 open spots for other freshmen and portal guys. Very young team with those guys so obviously would need around 3 portal guys?

Obviously Pope wants Moreno and Johnson. Johnson says he is the best 1 in his class. So if Johnson comes him and Perry would be our two 1's? So if we count the players that we probably will have that would include Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, Noah, Riley, Moreno and Johnson. That would leave 5 open spots for other freshmen and portal guys. Very young team with those guys so obviously would need around 3 portal guys?
I think he will go heavy on Freshmen in ‘25. That class is really good and really deep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pope gets Johnson, Moreno, Riley, Ament, and Magwood plus a couple more.

With Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah returning.

Unless someone transfers and/or Coach whiffs on his main targets, I don’t think we will sign very many portal guys.

"He's just having fun", sorry fella, you just lost all credibility. To be fair, you and he should clearly state what team you honestly root for, which will then beg the question as to why you are spending your time on this board?
I root for ky I've not missed I broadcast game o could get since 1966. Critizing everything others say is not having fun.

I think he will go heavy on Freshmen in ‘25. That class is really good and really deep.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pope gets Johnson, Moreno, Riley, Ament, and Magwood plus a couple more.

With Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah returning.

Unless someone transfers and/or Coach whiffs on his main targets, I don’t think we will sign very many portal guys.
That would be a good class.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Yessoufou maybe the most intense player in the class on both sides of the floor. Kind of guy I would want on my team. Plays all out 100% of the time. Takes the ball to the rim hard and draws a lot of fouls. Needs work on handle and shooting. You just can't teach effort like that. And he seems like the kind of player that would listen, work and grow as a player all the while giving your team the kind of effort your team would feed off of.
100% this!! All you need to do is read this post to find out if the guy can play here. Great post BBM. I definitely agree here. The kid just has heart and his motor is unmatched in high school ball. He’s just a basketball player who does everything he can to win. What else would anyone want from a kid. There’s a group of Kentucky fans stuck on the players size length hand size and if he can be a top ten pick in the NBA. I couldn’t care less about if a kid is projected to be a NBA pick to tell you the truth. All we should worry about is if they can help Kentucky win games. Anyway, thanks brother and I appreciate your insight on players as much as anyone.

PS, I would love to go into the future to see all these posters coming back saying how wrong they were about Pope and the guys he wants. . Going to be popcorn eating good times. Ha.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
I agree with many previous posters, I'd love to get this kid. He seems to be an all-around player and a complete winner. We need a bunch of these type players. If one game he got 10 mins of playing time instead of his usual amount he seems like the type that just work harder to make himself more valuable instead of pouting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT