ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas vs twolves

cats#1again

All-SEC
Nov 27, 2011
Why does the defender guarding Luka always bite on the drive fake? He always steps back and shoots. Why would u not just stand there and let him drive. He won't beat you on 2's .

Reactions: TM2013
Dumb to have Rudy in there on D if they are going to switch it. Not much dude can do. If I was Minnesota I would have over guarded the 3 knowing a 3 is the only way you lose. A 2 and worst case OT if you miss like they did. Coaches are sometimes just dumb.

Rudy Gobert is a defensive fraud. What does he do? He doesn't challenge. Often doesn't jump. Needed KAT to defend Jokic to beat Denver and to see him humiliated in a switch that I've seen Anthony Davis defend numerous times at an elite level and see how awful the footwork was and of course--another non challenge on his contest--flat footed-doesn't jump.

This Series is over and Gafford/Lively are not getting fouled-just dunking balls. Add those easy hoops up and that's your 2-0 lead and Gobert plays drop coverage but still gets beat for lobs. It's unreal how putrid he is defensively.

As soon as Luka started wasting time and dancing with it you knew he was shooting a 3. Can’t let one of the best players in the world have 1 shot to beat you. Should’ve fouled him with 5-7 seconds left. He’s around an 80% FT shooter. Even if he makes both, you have time for a real play/putback or very worst OT.

On a separate note why even bother with Gobert in there so much? I get the Naz PT due to his shooting game but benching your second best player for an eternity to keep a “defensive” center on the court vs a team where the centers do nothing but catch lobs was quite a decision.

As soon as Luka started wasting time and dancing with it you knew he was shooting a 3. Can’t let one of the best players in the world have 1 shot to beat you. Should’ve fouled him with 5-7 seconds left. He’s around an 80% FT shooter. Even if he makes both, you have time for a real play/putback or very worst OT.

On a separate note why even bother with Gobert in there so much? I get the Naz PT due to his shooting game but benching your second best player for an eternity to keep a “defensive” center on the court vs a team where the centers do nothing but catch lobs was quite a decision.
Yes. To everything said.

Reactions: EliteBlue
The Wolves were built to beat the Nuggets. Although the Nuggets had absolutely no help from their bench.

I'm a big fan of the Twolves and it's absolutely inexcusable for the #1 defensive team all season long only to choke. It's so freaking frustrating to watch Rudy bite on Luka's pump fakes all game long. Minnesota gave them this game and credit to the Mavs who I can't stand, but they finished very strong by not missing their FT's in the most crucial part of the last two games while the Twolves let them back into it by just walking up the court like they're winning by 50+

And let's talk about Anthony Edwards who has turned it over 4 times in the last two minutes of both games by throwing some of most boneheaded passes ever. And he's missed 5 crucial FT's as well which would have been impossible for the Mavs to win.

But, I feel the Twolves will come back at Dallas because they have played better on the road than at home. I'm still optimistic about their chances, but Edwards cannot have another game where he's tossing the ball 4 inches above his teammates heads.

And on one final note, can someone put out a missing persons report for KAT?! He's been playing for crap. It's so damn frustrating to have the best defensive team (Twolves) all season long falling for these stupid ally opp shots over Towns and Rudy.

I still like the Twolves chances to come back, it's a gut feeling; but come Sunday, let's hope it isn't gas that's giving me that gut feeling 😆😆😆

P.S. If the Mavs sweep them by some chance, kiss the head coach goodbye. He's late game adjustments in both games has been awful. I also think they're exhausted from having to play behind in the last series against Denver.

Are y’all pulling for the Mavs or the Wolves? Both teams can be fun to watch. Uncle Drew seems to have gotten his act together lately.

Reactions: mattrudd
Are y’all pulling for the Mavs or the Wolves? Both teams can be fun to watch. Uncle Drew seems to have gotten his act together lately.
I’m pulling for the Wolves. I really want to like Luka but I just can’t stand the guy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player whine and complain as much as him. Then he runs his mouth when he hits a shot. Just comes off like a huge bitch lol.

I’m pulling for the Wolves. I really want to like Luka but I just can’t stand the guy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player whine and complain as much as him. Then he runs his mouth when he hits a shot. Just comes off like a huge bitch lol.
Yeah I appreciate Luka’s skills but don’t love his personality

• Love
Reactions: mattrudd
Gobert is getting absolutely abused on the pick and roll. A minimum of 8/9 times he has gotten lost and a lob dunk was the result. Also, several times he leaves his man (in the paint 5 feet from the rim) to help on some ones man, same result, easy bucket or dunk. He has been the biggest reason IMO the Wolves have lost both games.
KAT has to play tougher, he has reverted back to Kitty Kat He looked intimidated on several shots last night. Quick released when he was 6 feet from the goal on one shot and he just got rid of it as fast as he could.. Shot selection is atrocious, up 18 and 3 trips in a row, one man dribbled around, jacked a off balance brick.
I honestly think part of it is they are way over confident. Dallas is owning the boards and 50/50 balls. Minnesota better get focused and back to doing the things that got them there or they are going to get swept by a team they are clearly better than. One change I might consider if I was the coach, cut Gobert's minutes and play Reid more.

Twolves getting outcoached IMO- I would post up KAT every time because it seems PJ is always guarding him and no way can PJ handle him down low- stop jacking up 3s all the time and drive the ball- Twolves have given 2 games away- what exactly does Rudy G give Minn ?????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT