ADVERTISEMENT

Music City Bowl

Nashville

It’s close

Plus

The Cats have never played a bowl game there and it’s much better than Memphis and Bombingham

I love Boise but hopefully the CATS will play closer to home. MCB is probably hoping for another CAT invasion. MCB would be a simple trip but going to Idaho would be fun...weather pending.

I was listening to the postgame show in the Car and they were talking about a bowl game in Idaho, I hope that’s not where Kentucky ends up
He was explaining about how UC fans always complain about being in “Pizza dot com” bowls. Piecoro (lives/lived in Cincinnati) was explaining that the way BBN travels puts UK in a favorable light of a lot of different bowl committees. He was telling a story of how Cincinnati actually had to buy all of the allotment of tickets when they went to Idaho.

The music City Bowl will be played at the exact time as our Louisville BBall game. Unless Mitch Barnhardt can get the time or date of the UL game changed, I don't see us accepting it.

He was explaining about how UC fans always complain about being in “Pizza dot com” bowls. Piecoro (lives/lived in Cincinnati) was explaining that the way BBN travels puts UK in a favorable light of a lot of different bowl committees. He was telling a story of how Cincinnati actually had to buy all of the allotment of tickets when they went to Idaho.
Oh I caught the last part, it’s probably likely Kentucky will play somewhere on the eastern half of the US for the bowl game

The music City Bowl will be played at the exact time as our Louisville BBall game. Unless Mitch Barnhardt can get the time or date of the UL game changed, I don't see us accepting it.
We had that scenario in 2010 and South Carolina ended up getting screwed. We theoretically should have been playing in the Birmingham Bowl I think it was but it was the same time as the basketball game and it was Cal and Pitino's first meeting. We got bumped up to Music City I think and South Carolina go dropped to Birmingham. They weren't happy.

Why would Louisville be a factor, they are the worse team in college basketball

We've played in Charlotte and Nashville and Florida. And we always play an acc or Big 10 teams. Time to branch out.

Go to Houston and post a Big 12 team.
Got to Vegas and play a Pac 12 team.
Would have a few less people.
But a lot of alumni out in California or Texas who never get to see a game could finally be treated.

Reactions: YaketySax
Let's do the Las Vegas Bowl against the #3 or #4 in the PAC12. That could be Utah, Washington, Washington St., UCLA, or Oregon St. depending on how things shake out.

Southwest flies direct from Louisville, Nashville, and Indy. Fun place to visit anytime of the year.

Reactions: G-PIP
Hold the fries. No SEC team has ever played in the Idaho Potato Bowl. Usually it's a Mountain West team vs a MAC or AAC team. Last year was Wyoming vs Kent State.

The SEC now alternates with the Big Ten between the Las Vegas Bowl and Duke’s Mayo Bowl. This year, the SEC will go to the Las Vegas after South Carolina played in the Duke’s Mayo last season.

A Lex. Herald Leader article suggested Tampa not a likely destination for us, but I would love it personally.
Is that ole rag sheet still around?

I’m surprised UK fans didn’t run their rear ends to the river 35 yrs ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT