ADVERTISEMENT

MTSU and Appy State Could be Interesting.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
How will Appy State perform w/o their old coach?

How will a team UK beat by 11 perform against a team that lost by 7 to Penn State?

Kentucky has a knack for making teams look better than they are.

MTSU got rolled 35-7 by Vandy and was down 42-0 at halftime to Georgia - they aren’t that good.

Kentucky failed to make Florida, Mississippi St., and South Carolina look better than they are.

I don’t disagree - that doesn’t change the point that UK under Stoopes has tended to struggle against lesser opponents. Central Michigan was a 1-11 team this year and that was a game. Eastern Michigan last year - the list goes on and on. The directional Kentucky schools typically are sticky as well.

I am concerned that Louisville will be a much better coached team this coming year. To me, Satterfield looks like the real deal. That App State team is very well coached with great fundamentals.

The reality is that Tyra is a good AD and made a very good hire.

Louisville had Top 25-30 ranked recruiting classes the last 2 years but Petrino and his nepotism, lack of fundamentals, accountability, simply drove the program into the ground. We all know they have plenty of talent.

When Lamar Jackson was there, I just think he camouflaged how bad of a coaching staff that Louisville had. They probably should have won 2-3 more games than they did when he was there.

When he left, Petrino and his cronies were exposed. They were all fat and happy and Petrino was not holding his son or 2 son-in-laws accountable for recruiting or on the field performance. That was the problem.

I am concerned that Louisville will be a much better coached team this coming year. To me, Satterfield looks like the real deal. That App State team is very well coached with great fundamentals.

Louisville had Top 25-30 ranked recruiting classes the last 2 years but Petrino and his nepotism, lack of fundamentals, accountability, simply drove the program into the ground. We all know they have plenty of talent.

When Lamar Jackson was there, I just think he camouflaged how bad of a coaching staff that Louisville had. They probably should have won 2-3 more games than they did when he was there.

When he left, Petrino and his cronies were exposed. They were all fat and happy and Petrino was not holding his son or 2 son-in-laws accountable for recruiting or on the field performance. That was the problem.

totally agree..

I cringed when I saw MTSU was paired with App State. That game went about as bad as I thought. Poor end to the season for MTSU after finishing strong at 8-4. I hated having to play UAB two weeks in a role as they were probably hungrier than MTSU after MTSU slaughtered them. UAB gets 5 loss Northern Illinois in their bowl...MTSU got a very good App State team that had already won 10 games.

I don’t disagree - that doesn’t change the point that UK under Stoopes has tended to struggle against lesser opponents. Central Michigan was a 1-11 team this year and that was a game. Eastern Michigan last year - the list goes on and on. The directional Kentucky schools typically are sticky as well.
If you are going to fictitiously criticize our coach, at least learn to spell his name right so you don't look like a complete ditz.

Obviously the transitive property does not apply to CFB, but I think this game showed that App St is not a cupcake as posters have stated in another thread.

If you are going to fictitiously criticize our coach, at least learn to spell his name right so you don't look like a complete ditz.

I don’t always have perfect spelling - CMS has done a great job overall. I’m sorry a completely factual and valid statement has caused so much butthurt - if Kentucky hasn’t actually played down to poor competition the past five or so years then feel free to prove that case. I don’t think you can.

The Card fans love your explanations.

I don’t always have perfect spelling - CMS has done a great job overall. I’m sorry a completely factual and valid statement has caused so much butthurt - if Kentucky hasn’t actually played down to poor competition the past five or so years then feel free to prove that case. I don’t think you can.

I would ask, what poor competition beat UK in the past five years and what teams has UK upset in the same time frame? The UT loss this year would be the only name that fits the first question for the current season. Not too many more make that list for the five year period. For that reason, I stopped worrying about margin of victory. Should I start worrying about such again?

Reactions: The-Hack
App St probably would have been a solid B1G team this year.
Especially the west division of the BIG10. That division is right there as one of the worst in the power 5 conferences. I watched some of the game against MTSU. It was the first time I have seen them play. I was impressed. They were fun to watch.

Especially the west division of the BIG10. That division is right there as one of the worst in the power 5 conferences.
I'd argue that the ACC Coastal and the PAC12 South are similarly bad.

Obviously, PSU plays in the East which is arguably the toughest division in the country.

That's why I said "right there as one of the worst".
Well, there are only five power five (duh) conferences and one of them doesn't have divisions. So if you are saying out of 8 divisions, they are probably in the bottom 3? Sure I guess that's one of the worst. But that's also probably statistically identical to being the 4th worst which is middle of the pack.

Well, there are only five power five (duh) conferences and one of them doesn't have divisions. So if you are saying out of 8 divisions, they are probably in the bottom 3? Sure I guess that's one of the worst. But that's also probably statistically identical to being the 4th worst which is middle of the pack.
Now that I think about it a little more, its the worst. Northwestern lost all of its out of conference games (including losses to mighty Akron and Duke) and finished 8-1 in the BIG10 to run away with that division. Including going 2-1 against the BIG10 East (Lost to Michigan and beat MSU and Rutgers). So the best team in the BIG10 West loses to a team that couldn't even manage to finish in the top half of the ACC coastal. You can try to spin it however you want but the fact remains that the BIG10 West is a collection of bad football teams with one decent team. AppSt would probably be the second or third best team in that division. They would not be the second or third best team in either SEC division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT